Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Yet another model drops dead

A*O

I agree it's a terrible illness Somerset, but early on in the addiction these girls make a conscious choice to stop eating. They then become addicted to not eating and being thin and like any addict the only person who can 'cure' them is themself.
    If all the women in this place were laid end to end, I wouldn’t be surprised - Dorothy Parker

Silver Member

Surely it is their choice to get better but there is no way a person with an bad eating disorder can get out of it without anyones help. I'm sad to see that all these celebrities saying they've had ed's has affected so many people, especially in this forum to think nothing of the illness itself. It's a horrible cycle which is nearly impossible to stop yourself without any help, unless you actually happen to know alot about eating disorders yourself. And most of the time eating disorders are a way to cope with some other dramatic event in life. If you actually read about the people coping with ed's, they've gone through alot of other shit and felt out of control in their lifes. I know nowadays there's alot of these "wannabes" who wish they could have anorexia, but in reality it's such a fucked up desiase which I wouldn't wish to my worst enemies. Sorry if I came out hostile, but people should find out a little bit more about before judging it. No wonder it's even harder for those suffering it to get help when they have to be afraid that people will judge them, "that's the attention seeking anorexic skank!".

Quote Originally Posted by Tati View Post
    Those pictures are all photoshopped. You can find them next to their originals on a lot of sites out there. A lot of these models are still far too thin of course, but those particular photos aren't real, luckily. Trust me on this one - you can see it too, most of them are rush amateur jobs for shock value, they're blurry, fuzzy, colours don't quite match etc.
    Those pix have been around for a while. Supposedly, they originated from a pro-ana website. Those nuts made them, because they find these bodies desirable. Scary shit!

Those pics are all photoshopped

A*O

@ coolios5o - I understand it's a very serious illness. What I meant by 'helping themselves' is that the person must acknowledge that they have a problem in the first place. Once they do that it's much easier to offer them the help and support they need to conquer it.
    If all the women in this place were laid end to end, I wouldn’t be surprised - Dorothy Parker

Elite Member

Quote Originally Posted by coolios5o View Post
    Surely it is their choice to get better but there is no way a person with an bad eating disorder can get out of it without anyones help. I'm sad to see that all these celebrities saying they've had ed's has affected so many people, especially in this forum to think nothing of the illness itself. It's a horrible cycle which is nearly impossible to stop yourself without any help, unless you actually happen to know alot about eating disorders yourself. And most of the time eating disorders are a way to cope with some other dramatic event in life. If you actually read about the people coping with ed's, they've gone through alot of other shit and felt out of control in their lifes. I know nowadays there's alot of these "wannabes" who wish they could have anorexia, but in reality it's such a fucked up desiase which I wouldn't wish to my worst enemies. Sorry if I came out hostile, but people should find out a little bit more about before judging it. No wonder it's even harder for those suffering it to get help when they have to be afraid that people will judge them, "that's the attention seeking anorexic skank!".
    Can I just say thank you? God things like this scare me and add to my motivation to get well again. Not all people with ED's find inspiration to keep their illness with 'thinspiration'. A*O, I agree with you completely. If you force and addict to get help the minute they're left to their own devices they go back to their addiction. Anorexics are addicts. If I hadnt of come to the conclusion that I needed help by myself without promptin and then aked for it and sought the people out rather then being forced then I would have relapsed by now. That article scares me so much. When I was hospitalized I was 1.75m tall and 32kg.
    "Don't think that sticking your boobs out and trying to look fuckable will help. Remember your in a rock and roll band. It's not "Fuck Me", It's "Fuck You!"
    Chrissie Hynde

Silver Member

Very sad story. Such a waste.

Dr Phil is having a couple of anorexics on his show tonight. I know he has many fans here so I thought i would share...
    Boom, I got your boyfriend, boom I got your man.

Hit By Ban Bus! AliceInWonderland's Avatar

OH GREAT ^ that should be appetizing...

Elite Member

Yeah, those photographs are obviously photoshopped; but aren't those the faces of famous models just photoshopped onto actual photographs of actual bodies? I will say that if the bodies are photoshopped to look like that, someone did one hell of a job and must've had a photo of a scarily skinny girl to start with, because those arms and legs are for real. They may be narrowed down, but it takes more photoshop skills than most professionals have to make bones stick out that realistically.

And those bodies look like the photographs of the people who were rescued from concentration camps at the end of WWII - not to mention those for whom it was too late. That's what those bodies make me think of - the piled dead bodies found in camps on WWII photographs. How anybody can look at a body like that and think of anything but death and holocaust is, thankfully, entirely beyond me.

Yeah, those photographs are obviously photoshopped; but aren't those the faces of famous models just photoshopped onto actual photographs of actual bodies?
    They're not. All the original photos are out there on the web somewhere - they're actual photoshoots or runway shots of actual models, those clothes, those poses. The models' bodies themselves have been photoshopped to look more emaciated.

That said, there are certainly people out there who are that scarily thin, whether due to anorexia or other illness. It's just in these cases, the pics aren't real in any way.

edit: I think the fourth pic (the girl in the black bikini getting her makeup done) may be a situation like you've described. I don't remember seeing that original anywhere, and that head doesn't seem to match the body.
    If you reveal your secrets to the wind you should not blame the wind for revealing them to the trees.

- Kahlil Gibran

Quote Originally Posted by Grimmlok View Post
    Because it's demanded of them, and they're idiots.
    No, it's not. Only people ignorant to the business say that. They're demanded to be thin and in shape, but nobody forces them to obsess about it or lose an exceeding amount of weight. The model needs to know when what their agency tells them is bullshit and when it's not.

I hate it when people completely blame the industry. The industry is very twisted right now, without a doubt, but nobody is forcing these girls to lose weight, and it's completely unrealistic to say that all agencies are forcing their models to be a size 0 at 5'9". Most don't encourage it at all because it obviously shows them in an unlikable light. Most models just don't know when to stop though.

Quote Originally Posted by Somerset View Post
    Anorexia is not a diet on steriods, it's an illness. Blaming the victims of it is pretty stupid. Just because fucktards like Lindsay Lohan and Nicole Richie are on coke diets and lose lots of weight does not mean they are anorexic, at least not in the full sense of the illness.
    *steps down from soap box and slowly inches away*
    I completely agree with that as well. It's far more serious than simply not eating or wanting to go on a diet. People who laugh at it or act like these people should just snap out of it and "eat a sandwich" disgust me.

They're pressured into it, encouraged to do it, and even to sign they're told they need to drop so many pounds before they'll even be considered.

Don't tell me it's not demanded of them. Give me a break. That's like saying the sky isn't blue.
    I am from the American CIA and I have a radio in my head. I am going to kill you.

The perception of blue is a subjective experience.
    "I've cautiously embraced jeggings"
    Emma Peel aka Pacific Breeze aka Wilde1 aka gogodancer aka maribou

Yip, yip, yip in your tiny indignation. Bark furiously on, lady dog.

SVZ

Someone's a psychologist hehehe

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread Information