Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Yet another dead anorexic model

And Theres still so many dumb bitches out there with the 'thinspo' bullshit and anorexia is beautiful mentality.

PERSONALLY,I DONT SEE WHY THERE ARE MODELS IN THE FIRST PLACE. I DESPISE FASHION, I DESPISE THE ENTIRE INDUSTRY, I DESPISE THESE MODELS, ITS NOT A GOOD PLACE FOR ANYONE.

Hit By Ban Bus!

the worst thing is reading on the internet about stars who are not super skinny and people call them fat. like mariah carey for instance, im not as thin as her at her heaviest so i feel like a total cow and wont leave the house. except to work. and when i work i think everyone is staring at me.

im glad im not in hollywood is all i gotta say. oy! lol.

Quote Originally Posted by Calimoonchild View Post
    With all due respect, you are flat-out wrong. I've been in and out of treatment for anorexia for the past ten years. If there's one thing that I most disagree with about your post, its the idea that anorexia has a certain set of behaviors/symtoms, particularly body dysmorphia. That is just not true. I"ve known plenty of anorexics who KNEW they were too thin, who even hated their skeletal bodies and dressed in layers to cover it up, yet who couldn't eat for psychological reasons.

And no matter what you say about it being normal to "intentionally dieted/drugged to an extreme extent" because of one's profession, it isn't. Those people would be classified as what is called ED-NOS, ie Eating Disorder Not Otherwise Specified. To engage in those behaviors shows an unhealthy fixation on weight and a need to control it no matter what. which is not normal.

Moreover, some people may begin to engage in eating disordered behaviors and think it is all under control. This is where another hallmark of eating disorders comes in: denial. The person thinks everything is a-okay and will deny they have an eating disorder even in the face of obvious evidence.

To starve onself and use drugs over a long period to stay thin is NOT normal. A normal person who has a healthy self-esteem and self-respect wouldn't dream of doing such things to their body. I know that the vast majority of women have "flirted" with starvation/purging, and the majority of them give it up within a month. That behavior is borderline normal.

Everything else is not.
    "normal' is dependent and defined by situation and circumstances IMO. MOST Eating disorders are characterized by a set of definable symptoms. NOT ALL. And yes there are some people who do not fit the mold-as with most things. And I stand by my statement that there are people who diet/drug to the extreme and do not lose control(or complete control) and do not have an eating disorder. they are not the majority, and they are basically consciously playing russian roulette..but they do exist and it is incorrect to deny their existence.
    There are people who do this shit because they can and it will get them noticed/more work..they tend to not be the extreme examples I will grant you but it is not fair nor is it correct to point at every 'too thin' model and scream 'EATING DISORDER! SHE HAS ANOREXIA!!!"

And I was hospitalized for anorexia and anorexia with bulemic tendencies for 102 days, and have dealt with it for ten more years than you ..so there! ..

I just do not want to hear any of that 'you have not been there so you do not know what you are talking about shit is what I mean I guess. And as with most 'disorders' there is a SPECTRUM when it comes to beliefs, treatments, definitions, etc. concerning that disorder.

*I think as someone with an eating disorder you may tend to see everything through 'eating disorder colored' glasses. Know what I mean? I used to do that alot myself. but as with most of life, it is never that cut and dried I am afraid. Shades of gray, shades of gray...*
    Don't slap me, cause I'm not in the mood!

Elite Member

Okay this is from my perspective as another in here who's been hospitalized for AN and is currently in recovery from it.
    I was an over weight teen due to having boobs a good 3 cup sizes larger then pammys. I was over sexualized when I was younger due to developing early and being naturally tall. I havelow self esteem. I am socially retarded and I have depression. I'm also hyper competative, a perfectionist, and have adhd.

I had a breast reduction when I was 19.

Come to 2 years ago when I was relocated away from my life in another state. Shifted without any other option, away from my inner circle of friends. I went into a repid decline. I'm a martial artist and decided that I had to get fit. The extra weight melted off me, but it wasnt good enough. I had to be healthier, fitter, stronger. I was competing against my dad's past, against my brother in the army, against myself. Nothing was good enough. NOTHING. I basically wanted to be super fit and super healthy.

Then I went and did pole dnacing which was great and fun and brought me out of my shell but like everyhting in my life it became an obsession. I wanted to be the best at it. I wanted to look like a pole dancer. I thought i had to be thin and beautiful and THIN. So my bad behavirous just got worse.

The funny thing is my eating disordered eyes shifted and changed. There are days where I still thought I was fat and disgusting, and days where the thinness made me cry and scream. Which means that even now I'm stuck between wanting to get better and thinking that I'm fat.

I think everyone has a different experience with an ED. Its a horrible illness with no rewards. I now have a damaged heart, a screwed metabolisum an over functioninng liver, thinning hair, bad skin, completely infertile even when I do get my period back, my bones are thinner, my muscles have wasted (but slowly returning now)...amongst other health problems. Nobody, NOBODY chooses this life and thoes who do try to 'get' AN are just idiot try hard wannabes with no concept of what they truely want their bodies to go through.
    "Don't think that sticking your boobs out and trying to look fuckable will help. Remember your in a rock and roll band. It's not "Fuck Me", It's "Fuck You!"
    Chrissie Hynde

Agreed it is a terrible illness. And either way these models are not doing themselves a favor by doing this kind of thing to their bodies, whether they have a full blown ED or not. FASHION SUCKS!!!!!

You hang in there Lani!!!! We are always here for you.
    Don't slap me, cause I'm not in the mood!

Quote Originally Posted by Sojiita View Post
    Agreed it is a terrible illness. And either way these models are not doing themselves a favor by doing this kind of thing to their bodies, whether they have a full blown ED or not. FASHION SUCKS!!!!!

Amen to that......
    the sad thing is , THE FASHION WORLD IS IN DENIAL AND IS SICK SICK SICK.
    If the mind, that rules the body, ever so far forgets itself as to trample on its slave, the slave is never generous enough to forgive the injury, but will rise and smite the oppressor. ~Henry Wadsworth Longfellow

Quote Originally Posted by Egolita View Post
    the worst thing is reading on the internet about stars who are not super skinny and people call them fat. like mariah carey for instance
    The reason Mariah gets so much criticism is that she wears such skin tight clothing, which is not only unflattering but age-inappropriate. Plus, she's retarded.
    "I've cautiously embraced jeggings"
    Emma Peel aka Pacific Breeze aka Wilde1 aka gogodancer aka maribou

Yip, yip, yip in your tiny indignation. Bark furiously on, lady dog.

Elite Member

I know babe, you've been one of my loudest and proudest cheerleaders all the way through this.

Fashion is just stupid. Why do we allow someone ELSE to dictate to us what we should or shouldnt wear, what colors are in, what size is 'perfect', what shape is 'perfect'? It doesnt make sense! Every season a new type of girl is praise while the one last season is dismissed. Its so pathetic. Anyone who truely follows the fashion industry is just a lemming.

"Fashions have done more harm than revolutions." - victor hugo
    Last edited by Lani; February 19th, 2007 at 11:43 PM.
    "Don't think that sticking your boobs out and trying to look fuckable will help. Remember your in a rock and roll band. It's not "Fuck Me", It's "Fuck You!"
    Chrissie Hynde

And I was hospitalized for anorexia and anorexia with bulemic tendencies for 102 days, and have dealt with it for ten more years than you ..so there! ..
    Wow! Do you want a fuckin cookie?

That comment of yours was just unnesccesarily bitchy. This isn't a pissing contest, you don't win some big shiny prize for being "right" or being sicker than I, which you have no grounds to assume.

I'm considering the source and dismissing your comments.

A*O

Only if it's fat and sugar free
    If all the women in this place were laid end to end, I wouldn’t be surprised - Dorothy Parker

^Nerissa, that link was creepy like a Stephen King story.

Haha i should try that, i'd be a fucking skeleton!

Quote Originally Posted by Lani View Post
    Okay this is from my perspective as another in here who's been hospitalized for AN and is currently in recovery from it.
    I was an over weight teen due to having boobs a good 3 cup sizes larger then pammys. I was over sexualized when I was younger due to developing early and being naturally tall. I havelow self esteem. I am socially retarded and I have depression. I'm also hyper competative, a perfectionist, and have adhd.

I had a breast reduction when I was 19.

Come to 2 years ago when I was relocated away from my life in another state. Shifted without any other option, away from my inner circle of friends. I went into a repid decline. I'm a martial artist and decided that I had to get fit. The extra weight melted off me, but it wasnt good enough. I had to be healthier, fitter, stronger. I was competing against my dad's past, against my brother in the army, against myself. Nothing was good enough. NOTHING. I basically wanted to be super fit and super healthy.

Then I went and did pole dnacing which was great and fun and brought me out of my shell but like everyhting in my life it became an obsession. I wanted to be the best at it. I wanted to look like a pole dancer. I thought i had to be thin and beautiful and THIN. So my bad behavirous just got worse.

The funny thing is my eating disordered eyes shifted and changed. There are days where I still thought I was fat and disgusting, and days where the thinness made me cry and scream. Which means that even now I'm stuck between wanting to get better and thinking that I'm fat.

I think everyone has a different experience with an ED. Its a horrible illness with no rewards. I now have a damaged heart, a screwed metabolisum an over functioninng liver, thinning hair, bad skin, completely infertile even when I do get my period back, my bones are thinner, my muscles have wasted (but slowly returning now)...amongst other health problems. Nobody, NOBODY chooses this life and thoes who do try to 'get' AN are just idiot try hard wannabes with no concept of what they truely want their bodies to go through.
    Thank you for sharing this. Most people doesn't seem to understand that anorexia is not something you chose to have and that can be cured just by talking or yelling to the ill person.
    It is difficult to diagnose and difficult to cure.
    Often parents can't do anything to help their daughters/sons even if they want.

That comment of yours was just unnesccesarily bitchy. This isn't a pissing contest, you don't win some big shiny prize for being "right" or being sicker than I, which you have no grounds to assume.

I'm considering the source and dismissing your comments.
    Cookies for me please!

Remain calm. Sojiita was joking, not attacking you.

"The howling backwoods that is IMDB is where film criticism goes to die (and then have its corpse gang-raped, called a racist, and accused of supporting Al-Qaeda)" ----Sean O'Neal, The Onion AV Club

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread Information