Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: 'Yes, I have lost weight' admits not-so-plus-size supermodel Crystal Renn

I hope she hasn't relasped into her ED, that would be horrible for her to go through and still be surrounded by the crazies in the fashion industry.
    IMO she should stay with whatever shape she's happy with her. Yeah she did kind of did a double-take with her plus-size acclaim and in turn, losing some people that looked up to her; but it's HER body and it's up to HER to decide what fits her best. So I can understand where's she's coming from, she should'nt have to worry about other people's approval just as long as she stays healthy and happy.

Losing weight takes genuine effort...it's not like..'ohh I started pilates/yoga/some other low impact exercise and it's falling off! ' BULLSHIT. Particularly considering her metabolism would be fried from anorexia. Then having the audacity to state that she'd HAVE an eating disorder if she were to stay the size she were before....
    You're on a diet wioth the intent to lose weight, call a spade a spade.

False. Some people are on a diet to gain weight, others are on a diet for medical reasons.

Regardless, she looks better with some poundage on her.
    FUCK YOU AND GIVE ME MY GODDAMN VENTI TWO PUMP LIGHT WHIP MOCHA YOU COCKSUCKING WHORE BEFORE I PUNCH YOU IN THE MOUTH. I just get unpleasant in my car. - Deej

http://www.gossiprocks.com/forum/signaturepics/sigpic4098_9.gif Healthy is merely the slowest possible rate at which one can die.

Quote Originally Posted by greysfang View Post
    False. Some people are on a diet to gain weight, others are on a diet for medical reasons.
    I'm aware. I was speaking within the context of the thread.

She never said she was on a diet. For all we know she developed colitis or something and doesn't want to discuss her private medical info.
    FUCK YOU AND GIVE ME MY GODDAMN VENTI TWO PUMP LIGHT WHIP MOCHA YOU COCKSUCKING WHORE BEFORE I PUNCH YOU IN THE MOUTH. I just get unpleasant in my car. - Deej

http://www.gossiprocks.com/forum/signaturepics/sigpic4098_9.gif Healthy is merely the slowest possible rate at which one can die.

^ Yeah 'cause that's the most likely reason.

She looked better with more weight on her. If she lost it for vanity, I hope she gains it back because she looked great before. If she has relapsed with her ED, I hope she recovers and can be at a healthy, maintainable weight. Whatever has made her lose all this weight I hope it's healthy and for the right reasons, and that if it isn't she will get better. I find it really hard to believe this weight loss was accidental and not either relapsing or trying to lose a lot of weight. As far as it being some other medical issue, who knows, but it's unlikely (but not impossible) anything would make her lose so much and still be okay to work (walk a runway, do photoshoots, travel, etc).
    And so, I will keep fighting to make the US a more progressive, multi-cultural country, and my fight starts on GossipRocks - mikesandy

Quote Originally Posted by 00Kimmi00 View Post
    ^ Yeah 'cause that's the most likely reason.

Well if you want to flame her for something she never said, more power to you. I'm just pointing out she never said she was on a diet, you're assuming that, and you know what they say about assuming.

Elite Member

Quote Originally Posted by 00Kimmi00 View Post
    Losing weight takes genuine effort...it's not like..'ohh I started pilates/yoga/some other low impact exercise and it's falling off! ' BULLSHIT. Particularly considering her metabolism would be fried from anorexia. Then having the audacity to state that she'd HAVE an eating disorder if she were to stay the size she were before....
    You're on a diet wioth the intent to lose weight, call a spade a spade.
    agree. i highly doubt she got thin because of a medical issue-unless that issue is anorexia. how would she have an eating disorder staying the same weight that made her lots of money? unless she wants a chance at making more which is why she got skinny in the first place
    its hard to believe that someone with a history of staying slim due to eating disorder/rigorous diet is thin again due to any other reason

This chick annoys me but I can understand her struggles. But if she hadn't made such a big damn deal about her eating disorder and her plus-size status, we wouldn't be all up in her business about this.

And now there's a mini- thing about how her new model card says she is a size 2:
    Crystal Renn is Not a Size Two Despite What Her Ford Model Card Says By Leah Chernikoff

Last Friday Jezebel ran a post headlined, “Crystal Renn’s Agency Says She’s A Size 2.” Which is weird because Renn’s agency, Ford, has always been very forthcoming about her size, and the last time we checked in with them about Renn, she was an eight.

The piece goes on to cite an interview Renn did for Plus Model Radio radio in which she said, “Because of my size currently, I straddle this line between the two worlds–I guess you could say I’m a plus size straight size model. I am four inches smaller than a plus size model and four inches bigger than a straight size model.”

So we checked in with Renn‘s agent at Ford who confirmed that though she has dropped weight over the last year after picking up hiking and exercising again after recovering from her eating disorder, she’s a six/eight, not a two. “There was an error in the initial printing and it is being rectified,” Gary Dakin, Renn’s agent told us. “She maintains a 37-38 hip.”

So maybe we can just leave it at this for now: Renn is a great model who is passionate about what she does and open about her size, which fluctuates like most women.

“If people have truly followed her message, it is about acceptance and beauty at any size,” Dakin told us earlier.
    Crystal Renn is Not a Size Two Despite What Her Ford Model Card Says – Fashionista: Fashion Industry News, Designers, Runway Shows, Style Advice

The card that was supposedly mis-printed said that her measurements:
    "The full-figured stunner’s model card – a standard ID that quotes sizes – lists the 24-year-old as a two with a 32-inch bust, 24-inch waist and 34-inch hips."

Just ridiculous. THe fashion industry is so ridiculous at times.

Hi! I'm New Here!

Hi Mrs P,
    Thanks for the information about crystal renn.
    Seems she didn't follow the proper diet plan. I feels her skin glowing and health better than before she diets.
    Finbare

She looked fantastic with a bit more weight on than now. Now she's just looks like so many other models IMO. Since she sold herself as the plus size model, to me it feels a bit .. I don't know - disappointing? to see her having lost so much weight. Obviously there's nothing wrong with her loosing weight if that's what she wanted to do - especially if it's for health reasons and because she started exercising, but the plus size appeal is obviously gone. This is no longer someone you can look at and think "Yeah, I can look great and sexy even though I'm a bit too big".
    Who ordered a naked Swede?? MEEEEE!!

laurenshelton2 thinks I'm worse than Claymates.

she looks better skinny. sorry girls
    we don't have to make love to have an orgasm

She looks like a sunken-cheeked zombie in that last picture that Cali posted. I think getting skinny does horrible things to her facial symmetry. I think she looks better heavier:

I don't know...big or small, she always looks a little 'duhhh' to me.
    ----------------------------
    There will be times you might leap before you look
    There'll be times you'll like the cover and that's precisely why you'll love the book
    Do it anyway

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread Information