Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: 'Yes, I have lost weight' admits not-so-plus-size supermodel Crystal Renn

I think she's probably relapsed, although I hope I'm wrong. I've read she attributes her weight loss to yoga and some hiking and that she wasn't trying to lose weight, it just happened. Ummm, right. Not buying it. Not with her history of anorexia and exercise bulimia. That kind of weight loss isn't an incidental "oops" in someone who insisted their "natural" weight was on the larger size.

Check out this picture of her from the same event:

From yoga? And walking? I call bullshit. I think it's the lying and denial that's pretty much par for the course with EDs.

Hope she gets the help she needs.

Yikes her face looks like Helena Bonham Carter on meth

I love the confidence she has in the nudie photo. Beautiful photo! I also think she looks fine with less weight, I just hope it is not a relapse into her prior issues with eating disorders.
    Alicia Silverstone: "I think that the film Clueless was very deep. I think it was deep in the way that it was very light. I think lightness has to come from a very deep place if it's true lightness."

She looks awful, her face is caving in

I like her better before she lost the weight, her face was prettier, and the curves were fabulous. She had a glow about her before and now she looks sickly.

When she gets older, she's going to look like the lead singer for Aerosmith.
    "The most important question in all of human kind is..... would you hit it or not?" ~potato_chips

fgg

Crystal Renn Feels Pressure to Live Up to 'Plus-Size' Label

By Charlotte Triggs
    Monday February 07, 2011 07:05 PM EST

Crystal Renn found fame as a plus-size model, but in recent months, she's come under fire for her seemingly slimmer frame.

But Renn, who documented her battle with anorexia in the 2009 memoir Hungry, says in a new interview on the Ford Models blog that these days, the public is far more interested in her weight than she is and she's not willing to change her figure just to live up to other people's expectations.

"I think that by placing a title on my head, which is 'plus-size,' and then the picture that these people have created in their mind about what plus-size actually is, I've basically failed [your expectations] just with that," she said.

Renn, who once walked the runway for Jean Paul Gaultier at a size 12, told PEOPLE that these days she's more like a size 8, and would prefer a world where models could work at any size without being designated "regular" or "plus-size."

But one thing she's not willing to do is gain weight to live up to traditional "plus-size" standards (typically size 14 and above). "I would have to have another eating disorder to live up to that expectation," she says on the Ford Models blog. "I had anorexia because someone else set the standard for me and I wanted to follow it."

Now, "if I followed what the public wanted from me," she says, "I'd be doing the same thing. I'd have a binge eating disorder."

"It's about individual health," she added. "You cannot tell if someone is healthy from the outside, because health is different for everybody at different sizes."

Bullshit. All of it.

All I know is that her face is actually prettier when she's heavier. Just like Nicole Richie, this chick looks guant and kinda deflated as a smaller size.

whatever. whether she wants to be fat or skinny, that's up to her.
    I'm open to everything. When you start to criticise the times you live in, your time is over. - Karl Lagerfeld

^^ i agree, but she became famous and sold her book by being plus-size, so it feels like a slap in the face to all the people who looked up to her now that she's losing so much weight.
    it's like she just said she loved being plus-size to gain attention and publicity and now that she has that and she's losing the weight again, it feels like her intentions at the beginning weren't sincere.
    "This is not meant to be at all offensive: You suffer from diarrhea of the mouth but constipation of the brain." - McJag

so she should get fat so she can keep pleasing people?
    maybe she changed her mind and after being anorexic she felt like embracing her voluptuousness but then found a happy middle between both. or maybe she's anorexic again. either way, it's still her body. people need to stop taking what celebs do so personally.
    I'm open to everything. When you start to criticise the times you live in, your time is over. - Karl Lagerfeld

^this!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by sputnik View Post
    maybe she changed her mind and after being anorexic she felt like embracing her voluptuousness but then found a happy middle between both. or maybe she's anorexic again. either way, it's still her body. people need to stop taking what celebs do so personally.
    Well said.

Quote Originally Posted by sputnik View Post
    i wasn't saying that. i was just saying that i feel like her message loses credibility and i'm sure a lot of plus-sized women who felt more confident because of her do, too. it's like some actress saying you should love yourself the way you are and two weeks later she's getting a facelift and lipo.

i'm happy for her if it happened naturally and i hope she's not anorexic again.
    "This is not meant to be at all offensive: You suffer from diarrhea of the mouth but constipation of the brain." - McJag

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread Information