Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Wow!! Check out Ricki Lake!

She looks good. As for the excess skin someone mentioned. It could be she has really great elasticity in her skin, it's all about having good genetics in that department. The airbrushing helps much too.
    My goal is to be happy with my life.

WOW She looks fantastic!!! I've always like Ricki, good for her.

I think she could be in a size 4-- afterall, she does look little there, and she's only about 5'2.

She also looks quite toned, and I don't think she's had surgery to accomplish this.
    Airbrushed or not (and of course she is!), she is looking good.

FWIW, I gained tons of weight w/ my last pregnancy (nearly 70 lbs.) and lost 80. No stretch marks or sagging skin here at all, so not everyone sags. Has alot to do w/ your skin type and genetics.

I do not think she had surgery. You have to remember she lost 100 lbs 15 years ago. She just lost 24 this year so far. She was very young back when she lost the most and I have met several people who lost that much when they were young and their skin bounced back. She may have also had a tummy tuck since 1992. Who knows. The bottom line is that she looks great and is healthier.

Elite Member

The cover says size 4 but in the article she says she is a size 6. That looks about right. I wear a 6 (sometimes a 4), and she's about my size.

I agree she looks like a size 6. She looks terrific regardless. And it has been a long, ongoing process, so I doubt she actually had gastric bypass surgery. She lost the bulk of the weight some time ago.
    If you reveal your secrets to the wind you should not blame the wind for revealing them to the trees.

- Kahlil Gibran

Sorry, but I don't think 260 pounds will fit into a 24. I could be wrong, but I'm not sure I'm believing that. I just went back and read where she's only 5'2???? At 260, she isn't fitting into size 24. Why don't these people just admit their real weight and get on with it. Kirstie Alley, do you hear me?

Anyway, kudos to her. She looks great!
    Last edited by rockchick; May 10th, 2007 at 03:03 PM. Reason: felt like it

It does, 260 pounds will fit into a size 22. I was 268 at my starting weight before I started losing and was in a tight 20, loosish 22, and I'm 5'2".

Hit By Ban Bus!

Quote Originally Posted by aabbcc View Post
    Telling people that she ordered from a delivery service doesn't help other heavies too much. WHAT did she eat? HOW MUCH did she eat? HOW OFTEN did she exercise and WHAT was her workout plan?

The problem with ordering diet food out is that you don't learn how to cook healthy foods for yourself and you don't learn how to keep your children healthy as well. Does this mean as soon as she starts cooking again, she's going to gain it all back?
    It was possibly The Zone Diet that was being delivered. Lots of stars were having that delivered a few years ago, amongst them Jennifer Aniston if I remember correctly. Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner. Eat nothing else, you lose weight and keep it off. Must be nice.

I want to see a picture of her facing front and from the side.

She looks good. Would like to see her un-airbrushed though. Never noticed she had such a long face before now either!

Quote Originally Posted by aabbcc View Post
    Telling people that she ordered from a delivery service doesn't help other heavies too much. WHAT did she eat? HOW MUCH did she eat? HOW OFTEN did she exercise and WHAT was her workout plan?

The problem with ordering diet food out is that you don't learn how to cook healthy foods for yourself and you don't learn how to keep your children healthy as well. Does this mean as soon as she starts cooking again, she's going to gain it all back?
    Yea, dig the dirt! She looks cool

Silver Member

Her upper body looks weird. I would also like to see a front view. Anyone know what pictures are on the inside?

Good for her (I assume it will help her health and all) but I liked her just fine and equally well when she was much heavier. She was a hoot and a fun actress and always seemed like a good person..loved her in Hairspray.

*does the cockroach..(squish/squash)*
    Don't slap me, cause I'm not in the mood!

I hate how they say "newly" thin. Its like, shes been losing weight ever since hairspray...when the ricki lake show ended she was actually the thinnest I've ever seen her and that was what like, 4 years ago?

This is her around the time her show ended:

Not as thin as the cover, but definitely not as far off as her "hairspray" days...so I'd say losing 150lbs over a span of what like, 15 years isnt THAT unbelievable.
    Dramatically overdramatic

Quote Originally Posted by sluce View Post
    I do not think she had surgery. You have to remember she lost 100 lbs 15 years ago. She just lost 24 this year so far. She was very young back when she lost the most and I have met several people who lost that much when they were young and their skin bounced back. She may have also had a tummy tuck since 1992. Who knows. The bottom line is that she looks great and is healthier.

I agree, I dont think she had surgery either. She admitted that she lost the majority of the weight the wrong way--thru starvation. Part of the reason the loss of those last 20+ lbs is remarkable for her is bc this is her doing it the "right" way--thru proper diet.

Although she used a food delivery service with higher end/gourmet foods, its still relevant to others who want to lose weight bc there are conservative diet food delivery services such as nutrisystem.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread Information