Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Would you be a size zero?

Hit By Ban Bus! AliceInWonderland's Avatar

^ wow btw no one really has a waist smaller than 24 inches; thats super tiny and even the tiniest wasted person i know is still a 24...... i've grown tired of this subject why can we all love ourselves no matter the size?!

Depends where you measure it... some get the waist measurements just at bellybutton level... in which case, well, yeah, a 23 in waist has to be tiny.
    On avance, on avance, on avance...

Quote Originally Posted by LaFolie View Post
    Ahem... Except for the 31.5 bust, these were my measurements back when I weighed 103 pounds for a 5'3 frame, and I don't think I was a size 0... Difficult for me to say, cause I was wearing a 34 French size (wearing a 36 now), but, anyway, that doesn't sound freakishly tiny.

I just looked on Ralph Lauren's site and their 0 is 31.5, 24, 34.5

That's pretty tiny when you consider the bust measurement is the largest part of the bust.

It's funny my best friend in high school was a model for Elite and her cards had fake measurements/stats on them as well, she said that's just what they do.

Size obssesion is dumb - if you look good, you look good who cares what size you wear?
    He who knows does not speak.
    He who speaks does not know.
    Lao-tzu

My bust is 36 in, cause, you know, I'm rather broad on top. Doesn't mean I have big boobs, though.

Didn't picture myself as that thin... When I weighed 103 pounds, my measurements were 36-23 (measured in the narrowest part of my ribcage)-34... Now I'm in the 115 pounds range, and my waist must have shot up to a 26 and my hips to a 36 or 37. Wonder what American size it makes me?

^^I agree. I am a size 8 (North American), and 5' 4", but have been a 4 and a 6. I would prefer to be a 6 again, but I have worked out and eaten clean without dropping to a 6. The only way to get to be a 6 is through stress and intense dieting -- neither one is an option for me any more. Some of my fave clothes no longer fit, or are too tight, but it's a small price to pay for being healthy. I also think that like the French say, after a certain age women have to choose between their face and their ass. I'm lucky to be OK on both fronts, but I have several friends who exercise obsessively and they look far older than me because they have gaunt faces and stringy, wiry bodies. After 40, that doesn't look so great.

im actually those measurements except that im 2 inches from the size 0 waist but there is noway that i could lose those 2 inches without shaving off my ribcage. but i am overall petite (5ft1) so it definatly doesn't look strange if you are naturally small... it just looks deathly on people who are forcing it to be that size.
    Alicia Silverstone: "I think that the film Clueless was very deep. I think it was deep in the way that it was very light. I think lightness has to come from a very deep place if it's true lightness."

I'm 25, don't wanna have to choose between my face and my ass... not that the face is that great, mind you.

My bust is 36 in, cause, you know, I'm rather broad on top. Doesn't mean I have big boobs, though.

Didn't picture myself as that thin... When I weighed 103 pounds, my measurements were 36-23 (measured in the narrowest part of my ribcage)-34... Now I'm in the 115 pounds range, and my waist must have shot up to a 26 and my hips to a 36 or 37. Wonder what American size it makes me?

4/6
    He who knows does not speak.
    He who speaks does not know.
    Lao-tzu

Thanks Are you talking about my current bod?

I'm 25, don't wanna have to choose between my face and my ass... not that the face is that great, mind you.
    You don't have to at 25! 40 and up, supposedly, and lucky people never have to.

Well, I've heard of girls ashamed of going topless on the beach because at age 25 onwards, your boobs are supposed to be going south...

That's yet another example of gender-based ageism. I refuse to buy into it, and you don't have to either. I don't live my life according to other people's opinions of what I should do or think, but that's just me. We start going downhill from the minute we're born if you want to think about it logically -- we're in a constant process of deterioration.

er..; yeah, but then again, I don't think about such stuff... too busy dolling myself up to think about such awfully complicated concepts as constant deterioration

I;d hate to be one, coz I'd look like the walking dead and my bum and tits would be gone

It may suit a few people who are naturally tiny but no way.

Silver Member

LaFolie I am 31 and a mother and I breastfed and my boobahs are still high and tight

34 Hip? I have a 37 hip...wow.
    But I am built weird so...*sigh*
    Last edited by MgMMD; May 18th, 2007 at 09:58 PM. Reason: 34 inch hips
    http://dorkdejour.blogspot.com Just Pimpin my Podcast!!

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread Information