Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Would you be a size zero?

Quote Originally Posted by Icepik View Post
    One stone = 14 pounds, right?
    yup
    My Posts Have Won Awards. Can Any Of You Claim The Same? -ur_next_ex

"I don't have pet peeves. I have major psychotic fucking hatreds, okay". ~George Carlin

Quote Originally Posted by luvmy2cats View Post
    (oriental - known for having no butts).
    I always thought it was an insult to use the word 'oriental'? I guess if you are describing yoursef, it wouldn't be an insult though? Ah, I digress. At any rate I have no ass either.

I have never been a size zero (maybe as a child). I am 5'5" and have hovered around a 10 ever since I started having kids. In my skinny days I was around an 8. I got down to a six one time and everything thought I was dying. It's funny how sizes look very different on different people. If I was a zero, I would look positively disgusting.
    Value the future on a timescale longer than your own. -Richard Dawkins

Anyone know off hand what the measurements actually are for a size 0?

Hit By Ban Bus! AliceInWonderland's Avatar

women lie about their waist size so bad! especially celebrity types.

i could not and would not want to be a size zero on the bottom, no offense to ass-less wonders but i do have an ass and i work effin' hard for it's upkeep and i love it (i'm an ass girl ) so no, b/c of that i wouldnt want to be a size 0 but also I could never be one b/c I do have thunder thighs too that will never go away, i've come to that sad realization but oh well,

i am however small on top but there are worse things in the world, i think all us small on top girls should be proud!

Silver Member

I have shoulders that are 40 inches around. All bone and muscle. I would look horrrrrible a size 0. I don't even think my skeleton could be a size 0.
    But the problem isn't the people who are size 0. The problem is the whole culture that demands we are all to be that size.

Beauty isn't the devil, the mindset that beauty only comes one way is.
    http://dorkdejour.blogspot.com Just Pimpin my Podcast!!

I don't even think my skeleton could be a size 0.
    thats a good point! I bet thatz true for a lot of folks! also, b/c of the bone factor, dont you have to be on the shorter side to be a size 0?

what are the measurements of a size zero?? i really don't like the way this article is making an example of "how bad size zero is" on people whose skeletons probably wouldnt even make a size zero. For some people a size zero would look perfectly normal but on others it would look quite sickly. It just depends on natural bone structure. i also question how many celebrities are really a size zero.
    Alicia Silverstone: "I think that the film Clueless was very deep. I think it was deep in the way that it was very light. I think lightness has to come from a very deep place if it's true lightness."

Gold Member

Preceeding my illness, I was a size 6. I had been dieting and exercising for months and had dropped down from a size 10 to get down to a size 6. It took me close to 6 months to do that, because I was being careful. As a size 6, I was a 36 D, with a waistline of 30, and my hips were at a 32. This was after bearing 2 children.

Then I got sick, and then I got really sick, and lost a bunch more weight and downsized pretty much overnight. I am now a 32 A, with a waistline of a 22, my hips are now under 30 and I am wearing my 11 year old daughters clothes. I have bought a few items that are somewhat adultish, and they are size 0's. I have tried to gain weight, as I said, by exercising and eating fattening foods (pancakes), and a lot of proteins, but the weight isn't coming back on.

My thyroid has been checked and it is normal. The rest of my body has been checked and it is normal as well. At the moment, I am standing at 5'2", and weigh right under 100 lbs.

I have fibromyalgia, so being overweight is one of the side effects, so this is pretty asymptomatic of the disorder. NTM...the meds I'm on is supposed to slow down my metabolism, so I can't figure it out. Go figure.

I'm 5'7, athletic and I've never been smaller than a US 6 (the old fashioned kind) that fit comfortably and I no intentions of changing that.
    He who knows does not speak.
    He who speaks does not know.
    Lao-tzu

I'm sorry to hear about your illness luv; that sounds awful!

I can't imagine having hips so small and everything else.

Quote Originally Posted by VenusInFauxFurs View Post
    Anyone know off hand what the measurements actually are for a size 0?
    I looked it up not sure it's right...

31.5 bust
    23 waist
    34 hip
    Lao-tzu

Quote Originally Posted by Algernon View Post
    I always thought it was an insult to use the word 'oriental'? I guess if you are describing yoursef, it wouldn't be an insult though? Ah, I digress. At any rate I have no ass either.

I have never been a size zero (maybe as a child). I am 5'5" and have hovered around a 10 ever since I started having kids. In my skinny days I was around an 8. I got down to a six one time and everything thought I was dying. It's funny how sizes look very different on different people. If I was a zero, I would look positively disgusting.

Not talking about racism here. I just didn't know Oriental had a rep for not having butts (as a semi-Oriental, I must tell I do have one )
    On avance, on avance, on avance...

Quote Originally Posted by AliceInWonderland View Post
    women lie about their waist size so bad! especially celebrity types.

i could not and would not want to be a size zero on the bottom, no offense to ass-less wonders but i do have an ass and i work effin' hard for it's upkeep and i love it (i'm an ass girl ) so no, b/c of that i wouldnt want to be a size 0 but also I could never be one b/c I do have thunder thighs too that will never go away, i've come to that sad realization but oh well,

i am however small on top but there are worse things in the world, i think all us small on top girls should be proud!
    What do ya mean by that?

Quote Originally Posted by luvmy2cats View Post
    Preceeding my illness, I was a size 6. I had been dieting and exercising for months and had dropped down from a size 10 to get down to a size 6. It took me close to 6 months to do that, because I was being careful. As a size 6, I was a 36 D, with a waistline of 30, and my hips were at a 32. This was after bearing 2 children.

Then I got sick, and then I got really sick, and lost a bunch more weight and downsized pretty much overnight. I am now a 32 A, with a waistline of a 22, my hips are now under 30 and I am wearing my 11 year old daughters clothes. I have bought a few items that are somewhat adultish, and they are size 0's. I have tried to gain weight, as I said, by exercising and eating fattening foods (pancakes), and a lot of proteins, but the weight isn't coming back on.

My thyroid has been checked and it is normal. The rest of my body has been checked and it is normal as well. At the moment, I am standing at 5'2", and weigh right under 100 lbs.

I have fibromyalgia, so being overweight is one of the side effects, so this is pretty asymptomatic of the disorder. NTM...the meds I'm on is supposed to slow down my metabolism, so I can't figure it out. Go figure.

WOW.

Have you been tested as to whether or not your body is absorbing the nutrients that you put into it?

Have you ever tried muscle milk? It's a shake you could try that and maybe add a banana and use milk not water.

Ask your doctor about a liquid amnio acid supplement and if it would be ok for you to take them.

Lao-tzu

Quote Originally Posted by suede View Post
    I looked it up not sure it's right...

31.5 bust
    23 waist
    34 hip
    Ahem... Except for the 31.5 bust, these were my measurements back when I weighed 103 pounds for a 5'3 frame, and I don't think I was a size 0... Difficult for me to say, cause I was wearing a 34 French size (wearing a 36 now), but, anyway, that doesn't sound freakishly tiny.

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread Information