Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ... 23456789 LastLast

Thread: What has happened to Colin Farrell?

Quote Originally Posted by Chalet View Post
    Same with Renee Zellwegger. From Bridget Jones to Chicago to Bridget Jones 2. That must have had to something with her face.
    Nah, nature is to blame for her face...that and an eating disorder.

Holy fuck.

Gaining, losing, gaining, losing...and we wonder why Hollywood has health problems.

From imdb on The Machinist:

The producers of the film claim that Christian Bale dropped from about 180 pounds in weight down to about 120 pounds in weight to make this film. They also claim that Bale actually wanted to drop down to 100 pounds, but that they would not let him go below 120 out of fear that his health could be in too much danger if he did. His diet consisted of one can of tuna and an apple per day. His 63-pound weight loss is said to be a record for any actor for a movie role. He regained the weight in time for his role in Batman Begins (2005). Christian Bale took up smoking to help him curb his appetite when he was crash-dieting. Brad Anderson had not asked Christian Bale to lose such a vast amount of weight and was genuinely shocked when he saw Bale's appearance on the first day of shooting. He also confessed to being thrilled by the actor's dedication. Christian Bale found that his weakened condition caused problems in the more demanding action scenes. He found running a particular problem as he simply had no leg muscles left.
    Women ain't gonna let a thing like sense fuck up their argument. - Chris Rock

Quote Originally Posted by january View Post
    From imdb on The Machinist:

The producers of the film claim that Christian Bale dropped from about 180 pounds in weight down to about 120 pounds in weight to make this film. They also claim that Bale actually wanted to drop down to 100 pounds, but that they would not let him go below 120 out of fear that his health could be in too much danger if he did. His diet consisted of one can of tuna and an apple per day. His 63-pound weight loss is said to be a record for any actor for a movie role. He regained the weight in time for his role in Batman Begins (2005). Christian Bale took up smoking to help him curb his appetite when he was crash-dieting. Brad Anderson had not asked Christian Bale to lose such a vast amount of weight and was genuinely shocked when he saw Bale's appearance on the first day of shooting. He also confessed to being thrilled by the actor's dedication. Christian Bale found that his weakened condition caused problems in the more demanding action scenes. He found running a particular problem as he simply had no leg muscles left.
    How tall is he? THAT pic was at 120 lbs? And I was considerably less than that at my worst. shudder. He has to be at least six foot right? If not he looks like 95 pounds!
    Don't slap me, cause I'm not in the mood!

he took up smoking? lol that's fucking ridiculous
    I am from the American CIA and I have a radio in my head. I am going to kill you.

Soj, imdb lists him as 6'1". Although they usually lie, everyone is listed as taller than they actually are. But I think that sounds about right for him, actually.
    Women ain't gonna let a thing like sense fuck up their argument. - Chris Rock

Adrien Brody is already skinny, but he lost like 40 pounds for The Pianist.

It makes me sick when actors do shit like this for a role. Chasing an Oscar is not worth your health.
    FUCK YOU AND GIVE ME MY GODDAMN VENTI TWO PUMP LIGHT WHIP MOCHA YOU COCKSUCKING WHORE BEFORE I PUNCH YOU IN THE MOUTH. I just get unpleasant in my car. - Deej

http://www.gossiprocks.com/forum/signaturepics/sigpic4098_9.gif Healthy is merely the slowest possible rate at which one can die.

Quote Originally Posted by january View Post
    Soj, imdb lists him as 6'1". Although they usually lie, everyone is listed as taller than they actually are. But I think that sounds about right for him, actually.
    Thank God then. He looks as bad as I looked..if not a little worse. There was no way that he was five nine and 120 lbs in that pic!

*And I agree that taking up smoking to help lose weight for a fucking movie role is ridiculous!!

Why is it when actresses do this, everyone says "eating disorder", but when actors do it it is called "method acting?"......I know I tend to be a vocal support of men (dirty job but SOMEBODY has to do it....).....but in this case....let's call it as we see it....Christian has some serious body/control issues......especially as someone said, he goes way up and then way down.....

.....has Colin ever changed his body for a role before?.....

Quote Originally Posted by cynic View Post
    Why is it when actresses do this, everyone says "eating disorder", but when actors do it it is called "method acting?"......I know I tend to be a vocal support of men (dirty job but SOMEBODY has to do it....).....but in this case....let's call it as we see it....Christian has some serious body/control issues......especially as someone said, he goes way up and then way down.....

.....has Colin ever changed his body for a role before?.....
    For that 'Miami Vice' debacle movie. He had to gain weight. He bitched about having to do it. And of course people were all, 'Ewwww..Colin go fat and doughy' and all. But it was for the role. But this is way worse IMO. He looks like he lost more this time than he had gained the last time. Took it too far. Or there is something else going on....

Oh my good god. He's obviously very sick.

Quote Originally Posted by Sojiita View Post
    For that 'Miami Vice' debacle movie. He had to gain weight. He bitched about having to do it. And of course people were all, 'Ewwww..Colin go fat and doughy' and all. But it was for the role. But this is way worse IMO. He looks like he lost more this time than he had gained the last time. Took it too far. Or there is something else going on....
    Oh, yeah, I forgot that one, I didn't see it. I wasn't fond of the original, so I figured I probably wouldn't care for the remake.

I guess I wouldn't be so suspicious of this rapid and large weight loss if he didn't have substance abuse issues already......he already was a major chain smoker so it couldn't be an increase of nicotine or he'd already be dead....

Miami Vice was horrid. I was dragged to see it and Jamie and Colin can NEVER be Sonny and Crockett. Half-assed wannabes.
    FUCK YOU AND GIVE ME MY GODDAMN VENTI TWO PUMP LIGHT WHIP MOCHA YOU COCKSUCKING WHORE BEFORE I PUNCH YOU IN THE MOUTH. I just get unpleasant in my car. - Deej

http://www.gossiprocks.com/forum/signaturepics/sigpic4098_9.gif Healthy is merely the slowest possible rate at which one can die.

Hit By Ban Bus!

Quote Originally Posted by Sojiita View Post
    I don't know where people are getting that he was "fat and doughy". MV was a shit movie, but when I saw Colin all bulked up and muscly I was like "holy shit I had no idea!".

Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ... 23456789 LastLast

Thread Information