Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: What do you believe??

Hit By Ban Bus!

I know the feeling!

At the moment reality is hitting me HARD. I am going to have to DRASTICALLY lower my calorie intake if I expect to lose the weight I need to (mostly for the pain issues surrounding arthritis). It's just discouraging. If I were able to exercise I could have lost this shit by now. I'm about to storm Kaiser for a cortisone shot and start harangue-ing them for that hip replacement they tell me I'm not a candidate for. Bastids!

BTW, my g/f, who I haven't seen in many years, lives near you (in Lake Forest). She's super tiny (85 lbs.) and popped out a couple kids, who are now grown, without any problem. We were all amazed. And yes, she could eat like a horse, but mostly didn't.
    Last edited by Mira; March 17th, 2007 at 01:02 PM.

I'm trying not to sweat it either because I know when I'm done with school...which is not much longer...I won't be spending so many hours on my ass! That is something I was definitely not used to when I went back. The fact that I also quit the job where I was on my feet all day magnifies it.

I know this will sound crazy to some, but I swear, I'm more 'worn out'/tired after an entire day of classes and studying (and being on my ASS all day) than when I used to spend a whole day running in high heels and carrying heavy shit.

It sucks balls that I used to be able to lose weight doing one or the other...less cals or more exercise. Guess which one I normally chose? Now that I'm 36 I have to do both to lose and at least one to keep from gaining.
    My Posts Have Won Awards. Can Any Of You Claim The Same? -ur_next_ex

"I don't have pet peeves. I have major psychotic fucking hatreds, okay". ~George Carlin

Quote Originally Posted by MrsDark View Post
    I'm trying not to sweat it either because I know when I'm done with school...which is not much longer...I won't be spending so many hours on my ass! That is something I was definitely not used to when I went back. The fact that I also quit the job where I was on my feet all day magnifies it.

I know this will sound crazy to some, but I swear, I'm more 'worn out'/tired after an entire day of classes and studying (and being on my ASS all day) than when I used to spend a whole day running in high heels and carrying heavy shit.

It sucks balls that I used to be able to lose weight doing one or the other...less cals or more exercise. Guess which one I normally chose? Now that I'm 36 I have to do both to lose and at least one to keep from gaining.
    I spend most of my day on my ass. That's what my job, not to mention being here, requires. When I was younger I lived in cities where I would walk to and from dinner, walk to the public transportation for work, etc. Here, you can't walk anywhere. Everything is so spread out.

Quote Originally Posted by Mira View Post
    I know the feeling!

At the moment reality is hitting me HARD. I am going to have to DRASTICALLY lower my calorie intake if I expect to lose the weight I need to (mostly for the pain issues surrounding arthritis). It's just discouraging. If I were able to exercise I could have lost this shit by now. I'm about to storm Kaiser for a cortisone shot and start harangue-ing them for that hip replacement they tell me I'm not a candidate for. Bastids!

BTW, my g/f, who I haven't seen in many years, lives near you (in Lake Forest). She's super tiny (85 lbs.) and popped out a couple kids, who are now grown, without any problem. We were all amazed. And yes, she could eat like a horse, but mostly didn't.
    Sorry to hear that you're going through such trauma with Kaiser. It just sucks. Have you tried swimming? I hear that's really good and low impact as far as exercise goes. My neighbor was in an accident and needed a hip replacement and he goes to the gym and swims.

Wow, Lake Forest is really close to me. Just two towns away

Hit By Ban Bus!

I would do swimming if I didn't live in the Arctic (actually only the 45th parallel ) and I absolutely hate chlorine and actually getting into water... so I think it's going to have to be yoga, pilates, Gazelle Freestyle and walking.

Not really having trouble with Kaiser YET. I haven't insisted on the hip replacement yet. With the dysplasia I don't see how anything but a hip replacement could improve the pain. The problem is that they don't like to do hip replacements on people with dysplasia because they're trickier than the regular procedure. Basically the socket in my leg is rubbing up against the bone in the left hip because the cartilage is now thinner. People don't notice they have slight hip dysplasia (you're born with it) until their cartilage thins out.

I backed out of a cortisone shot last year, but I think I'll give it a try. It doesn't last though, and I hate the thought of cortisone as well as the shot going in. ugh/ouch.

Anyway, I'll survive one way or another!

Sometimes you see it in little kids. I would think it'd be easier to treat when that's the case. But I can't even imagine having to deal with that as an adult (after yrs of wear and tear) because it wasn't noticeable enough to have been diagnosed earlier.

You could try the shots...I guess I would too before a surgery that big...but it's only going to mask the symptoms and end up a temporary fix IMO. It might be hard, but I think a replacement might be the way to go. I can't claim extensive knowledge, but they have come a long way with this procedure in the last few years. Look at it this way...if a replacement is eventually going to be the result, better to do it while you are younger.

"I don't have pet peeves. I have major psychotic fucking hatreds, okay". ~George Carlin

Hit By Ban Bus!

Yeah, they told me I was too young 2 years ago, but now it's getting worse and I'm mad as hell and I'm not taking it anymore!!

Right now I have to find a different Ortho at Kaiser, because while I like him, 2 of his nurses are bitches from hell. I've had good experiences at Kaiser in my area, except for those jerks.

Living with that shit in the cold weather has got to be worse, no?

Hit By Ban Bus! AliceInWonderland's Avatar

^ omg yeah i bet! my car accident injury to my shoulder always acts up when its cold but thats not too much around here, im sorry Mira *Hugs*

Silver Member

I believe that if I wish hard enough for a pony I will send " ripples " accross the universe and I will get the...wait...

That's the secret...
    Nevermind
    http://dorkdejour.blogspot.com Just Pimpin my Podcast!!

Hit By Ban Bus!

Hey guys took me awhile to find this thread again after those AJ threads

thanks... you know it's not worse in the cold, it's horrible when you first get up after sitting, or first thing in the morning. Seriously I really should do some morphine so I can hit the gym for an hour or two a day. I used to yawn and get bored when people talked about pain and pain management, but damn I'm there.

Whoever invents a way to regrow cartilage will win the Pulitzer Prize for sure.

Quote Originally Posted by hotncmom View Post
    A size 0 (or even 00) is so tiny I can't even imagine it. I posted in another thread that my half-sister is the tiniest little thing - she's almost child size even though she's in her 30's...really short (like 5'0" or so) and flat chested. So I thought, well, if anyone's a size 0, it's going to be her. Now I wear a 6 (sometimes a 4) and I'm 5'6" and she is much smaller than me. That's why I'm sure she's a size 0 or 00. So I ask her. She says no, she usually wears a 2 or a 4.

Now even though she's tiny she's very healthy looking. You would never look at her and think she's anorexic, she's just a short, small girl. But if she's not a size 0 or 00 I shudder to think what Nicole and Kate Bosworth and the like look like in person if they are size 0. No doubt emaciated.

I also think there is a difference between teenage girls and grown women. Teens go through a phase where they are coltish, all arms and long legs and skinny as can be. Then they fill out. My next door neighbor is like this...she's a dancer and last year she was all skinny...but I saw her the other day and from behind now she's got a large behind...like JLo. Her hips are bigger than mine now and I've had 2 kids!

I think a lot of the size 0 clothing is sold to girls under 19. For women over that age, going by my half-sister's size, they would have to be tiny, tiny. I would say for most women that would be unnatural. I am sure there are a very small percentage of women that look very healthy at that size, but not many.

I agree, after 18 your bones (and usually all around body) seems to change. I am 5 ft 9 in and kind of went overboard with the dieting thing and am down to 103 lbs (dont worry, going to gain some back). I'm a size 4 US. When I was that weight at 17 I was a size 2 or 0 US. I think my hips widened a bit, bones seem to be bigger now, and I have more muscle tone. I'm still thin but if they are a size 0, I wonder how they walk upright, esp Posh with her huge fakies.

Hit By Ban Bus!

Whoever invents a way to regrow cartilage will win the Pulitzer Prize for sure.
    Ha Ha I meant NOBEL Prize.

lookin 4 Firecrotch Lohan as i reload my gun!

Quote Originally Posted by KrisNine View Post
    Mira, believe me...I noticed that once I got to my late twenties, I started to gain weight. I didn't change my diet, but I still gained weight. Now, if I'm not careful about what I eat, I'll gain weight pretty rapidly. That's why I don't indulge during the day. Basically I eat to nourish myself during lunch.

Forget it when I'm PMSing....all I want is salty, greasy garbage. If I don't get it, I'm pissed. Hormones!!
    once i hit 30 i really had to watch it. my friend is goin thru the same thing right now and she's 25. she's always been pretty small but has put on about 20 pounds in the last few months. i feel for her but all she eats is pizza and fast food and candy.
    "I was stoned. It seemed like a fun thing to do at the time. " -Jim Morrison

i feel for anyone with arthritis its such a pain in the ass!! I was 17 when i first started getting pain in my right foot...had all kinds of xrays, MRIs, basically anything you can think of, and no one had an answer. Finally one dr said that it could be a stress fracture and that it was too tiny to show up on any tests. I was put in a walking cast for 3 months. After those 3 months, my foot felt awesome..i could run again and didnt feel like my bone was going to pop out the side of my foot. Shortly after the pain started back again, finally was sent to a rheumatologist and he said it was arthritis, at friggin 17!!! It basically ruined my life. I had played basketball since i was in 4th grade. When i graduated highschool i went to college thinking i would be able to play in college also. I never even got to go to one practice with the team, I was stuck in the weight room riding a bike, and lifting weights. I wasnt allowed to run. I think thats half the reason i didnt go back to school after the first year. Im 23 now, almost 24 and i still can not run on my foot without it hurting. I gave up on meds a long time ago. The swelling in my foot never went away, and i can usually predict the weather according to how my foot feels. The cold is horrible!!!

Mira..i totally feel your pain...if i could get out and run like a normal person i would have never gained the weight that i did!! The only thing my foot can really handle is walking, and even that hurts if i go too far, and riding a bike. I dread getting older, if i have this pain now..what is it going to be like 20 years from now!?

portion control and eating small meals almost every 2 hours has helped me lose alot
    http://i151.photobucket.com/albums/s...ley_cheers.gif
    I don't suffer from insanity, I enjoy every minute of it.

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread Information