Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: What do you believe??

Quote Originally Posted by AliceInWonderland View Post
    so lame, just so lame! they do it so you buy more at their stores b/c you feel good about being so "small", well guess what GAP?! I can't even shop at your store for shirts b/c America's gotten so fat and now your XS is more like a true Medium the gap sucks anyway so i really dont care, im just sayin'...
    I noticed that, too, when I went shopping in the US, which I hadn't done in a while. I always used to be a size M in the US, now M is just ridiculously huge.

lookin 4 Firecrotch Lohan as i reload my gun!

Quote Originally Posted by MrsDark View Post
    VB is probably a size 0. But there's no freaking way her waist was ever 16 inches. I thought she looked much better in the Spice days. About a 4 or 6 and she would look a lot better. But she would probably commit suicide or something if she ever woke up that size.
    yeah, i didnt buy the 16 inch waist thing either. she did look better in her spice days, i agree with ya there!
    "I was stoned. It seemed like a fun thing to do at the time. " -Jim Morrison

If I was up your ass you'd know where I am!

I've always believed a lot of these folks lie about their weight. Remember Mariah saying she was 5 ft 7 and 118 lbs? JLo was supposed to be 120. Riiiight. Look, I think we've been lied to so long that no one knows what 120lbs really looks like. Jlo has a fab body, but she ain't no 120lbs at 5ft 6 inches tall.

I have an extremely vain friend who is about 46 and all she ever had going for her was her looks. Obsessed with her weight, especially whenever her love life had problems. Every conversation had something about her weight in it...how much she weighed/lost , what size she was down to. She was so transparent and yet so clueless. Everytime she talked about how she was in a size 2 now it was like a blaring neon sign on her forehead that read " I think my man is cheating on me and i'm really scared of getting older".

You're right about this. You'd think 120# was some enormous weight the way no celebs want to claim to be anywhere near this unless they're 5'10"+ or something.

Hell, I'm barely 5'2" and smallboned and would love to weigh 120# again. That would be just about right for me. Maybe even 125#. That was actually my lean, 'warm weather' weight back when I had time to work out every day and obsess over shit like this, which was like 10 fraking years ago.

At 46 years old and still this kind of vanity is pretty sad IMO. Does she think it makes her seem younger?
    My Posts Have Won Awards. Can Any Of You Claim The Same? -ur_next_ex

"I don't have pet peeves. I have major psychotic fucking hatreds, okay". ~George Carlin

If I was up your ass you'd know where I am!

At 46 years old and still this kind of vanity is pretty sad IMO. Does she think it makes her seem younger?
    Yeah, when all you ever had was your looks it's hardest to see them go. I never want to see mine go and I've got a lot more going on for myself, so I can relate to that. However, you can bump into this woman once in a 2 yr period if that and she'll swear she's being carded for alcohol and somehow needs to bring into conversation that her size 2s are falling off of her, but she just wants to lose 5 more lbs. It's sad because she really is an attractive woman but that kind of blatant insecurity takes points off her.

You're right about this. You'd think 120# was some enormous weight the way no celebs want to claim to be anywhere near this unless they're 5'10"+ or something.

Hell, I'm barely 5'2" and smallboned and would love to weigh 120# again. That would be just about right for me. Maybe even 125#. That was actually my lean, 'warm weather' weight back when I had time to work out every day and obsess over shit like this, which was like 10 fraking years ago.

Please, the girls I work with can't believe what I weigh. They actually think I look fat or that I am a little on the chunky side. I can tell by the reaction I get when we talk about clothes sizes. Like I said before I'm about 5'2" and weigh 105 and wear a size 2. They all have about 5 inches on me and weigh the same. Naturally, my body looks more curvy and different than they do, so they are shocked that I wear the same size. Shocked as shit...I am sooooo not kidding. They are all quite a bit younger than I am (I'm the old 37 year old office hag)!

Hit By Ban Bus! AliceInWonderland's Avatar

^ you're tiny krisnine; that is so ridic! they should make a date with reality and see the rest of this country!

Quote Originally Posted by KrisNine View Post
    Please, the girls I work with can't believe what I weigh. They actually think I look fat or that I am a little on the chunky side. I can tell by the reaction I get when we talk about clothes sizes. Like I said before I'm about 5'2" and weigh 105 and wear a size 2. They all have about 5 inches on me and weigh the same. Naturally, my body looks more curvy and different than they do, so they are shocked that I wear the same size. Shocked as shit...I am sooooo not kidding. They are all quite a bit younger than I am (I'm the old 37 year old office hag)!
    This goes to show how different people's bodies are. My best friend since childhood and I are the same height and most of the time the same size. But built different. In high school we wore the same size but she always had a good 15-20# on me. This was before I started working out with weights. People say there is supposedly 'no such thing' as big-boned vs small, but when measurements like my wrists and ankles measure much smaller than hers (her anklets, bracelets and rings would fall off me) I have to wonder.

After I started lifting weights no one could ever believe what I weighed, but that makes sense with muscle weighing more. They always guessed about 10-15# less than what I actually was. In the beginning it used to fuck with my head because of all the stupid crap you grow up hearing. But when I started actually getting my bodyfat tested (back in gym rat days) and paying more attention to my measurements and clothes size and less attention to the numbers on the scale I stopped feeling "fat" just because I weighed over a certain number.

I got into all that nutrition and body stuff on a daily basis intially because I needed to buck up and get my flabby ass in shape and my metabolism back after stupidly fucking it up royally with a low cal diet to lose my college freshman gained pounds. But it became a way of life because it was interesting and fun and I ended up able to accomplish stuff I never thought my previously wimpy behind would be able to do. That it made me look good and feel good was just a bonus. But looking back, the absolute biggest plus was NOT having to obsess over my weight and what I ate.

"I don't have pet peeves. I have major psychotic fucking hatreds, okay". ~George Carlin

P.S. At this point if I wanted to weigh the same as I did in high school I think I would have to lose muscle mass and/or bone density. No thanks!

Elite Member

i'm like 5'7" or so (just under that i think) and i live in los angeles and i'm curvy, like very curvy...but if i am honest i will tell you i am the fattest person on my block and probably for several streets LOL

P.S. At this point if I wanted to weigh the same as I did in high school I think I would have to lose muscle mass and/or bone density. No thanks!
    ^ exactly! and ppl never EVER believe what i really weigh either; thats so funny b/c they think i'm like 15-20 lbs. lighter too & I wear it loud and wear it proud! but i'm like "NO its true thats my weight" and p.s. "I like to kick ass in the gym" But then again this was just recently that I gained that weight with muscle I can only assume b/c i just joined the gym and got into it habitually in November. although Its so funny and kinda sad that they think a certain weight looks a certain way when weight shouldn't even matter unless like another poster said you've got too much excess body fat.

Word.

If you are going to do any type of strength training or working out with weights aside from those baby sized 10# dumbbells that spandex queens tote around and do ten-fifteen rep sets with and call themselves "weight training" then you might as well throw your scale right out the window!

omg u have those too! yeah i noticed 1 or 2 last nite and they were even wearing fucking makeup ok! fucking makeup at the gym?! with perfectly coifed hair and prancing around trying to be noticed! this 1 woman used to wear a straight up bra and see through spandex (and she was nasty ok) but i think someone said something to her b/c i haven't seen that shizz in a while and its not just few women who do that; there's also men who show off their nasty w/ atrocious outfits and loud grunting and talking, but im lucky b/c my gym is kinda small and there's very few of those folks.

The gym is definitely not the place to worry about looking gorgeous. At least from my perspective. I'm looking for any "style" that keeps my hair out of the way and absorbs sweat efficiently with no "wet spots" in embarrassing places. (get out of my head Fantasia Barrino!)

Elite Member

You guys should start a thread in Health and Fitness about weight training. I think I could use some advice from you guys. I kind of alternate between the 5-10 lb. dumbbell kind of workout (that I can do at home) and the heavier weights at the gym. I also do a Pilates class once a week that combines Pilates and strenth training moves with 5 lb. dumbbells, but as many reps as we do I certainly achieve muscle fatigue. I am not quite as dedicated to the strength training as I am to cardio (running), and I have been spinning my wheels for the last year trying to get from 20% to 18% bodyfat. I am wondering if I actually increased the amount of strength training I am doing and laid off of the cardio a bit, if that would help.

My problem is that the more I exercise, the hungrier I get! So I just maintain my current weight and BF% because I eat to compensate for all the calories I burn so I can't create a deficit.

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread Information