Page 9 of 16 FirstFirst ... 5678910111213 ... LastLast
Results 121 to 135 of 234
Like Tree288Likes

Thread: Weight Loss Plans for 2018

  1. #121
    Elite Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Posts
    7,095

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by BITTER View Post
    Yeah, but I will miss that sickly sweet taste...I have no other vices.


    FYI -- Melatonin makes me feel horrible and headachy the next day. Don't know if you've taken it before, but FYI if you don't feel great.
    BITTER likes this.

  2. #122
    Elite Member stella blue's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Posts
    4,090

    Default

    I've had decent luck with melatonin when I remember to take it at the right time. I've also read that a bit of honey and apple cider vinegar before bed helps with sleep. I guess that's not keto approved, but now that I remembered it, maybe I'll try it.

    I'm still struggling to get on track. I'm down five of the 15 I put on over the holidays but it's haaaaaaaard to behave myself when the Mr. comes into town and wants to drink fancy beers. Sticking to very low calorie during the week seems to be putting the brakes on gaining, but I've got to get back to the gym (and by gym, I mean the one in my freaking dining room that I don't even have to put pants on to get to - how lazy am I being?!?!?) which will be easier to do when I'm not working 15 hours a day.

    I AM working out tonight. And I am going to come back to this thread and tell you all about it because I know you all care - lol.
    sprynkles likes this.

  3. #123
    Elite Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Posts
    7,095

    Default

    Doesn't turpentine help you sleep?

    We'll have to ask Tiffany Haddish.
    BITTER likes this.

  4. #124
    fgg
    fgg is online now
    Elite Member fgg's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Posts
    31,386

    Default

    we're trying the 16:8 IF because we've pretty much been doing it anyway.
    CornFlakegrl likes this.
    can't post pics because my computer's broken and i'm stupid

  5. #125
    Elite Member MsDark's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Northwest MS/Memphis TN
    Posts
    28,030

    Default

    10.4# down.

    I finally went back to the gym yesterday. Barely did shit and I'm sore today. Fucking bummer starting over.
    fgg and louiswinthorpe111 like this.
    My Posts Have Won Awards. Can Any Of You Claim The Same? -ur_next_ex

    "I don't have pet peeves. I have major psychotic fucking hatreds, okay". ~George Carlin

  6. #126
    Elite Member Mrs P's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Posts
    7,838

    Default

    Don't know if it was already mentioned, but be careful with melatonin if you take certain medications, like any SSRI or SNRI for anxiety or depression.
    OCD likes this.

  7. #127
    Elite Member MsDark's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Northwest MS/Memphis TN
    Posts
    28,030

    Default

    I'm sleeping better than ever these days and no meds whatsoever. I'm actually off antidepressants now too (finally)!
    czb, sprynkles and Mrs P like this.
    My Posts Have Won Awards. Can Any Of You Claim The Same? -ur_next_ex

    "I don't have pet peeves. I have major psychotic fucking hatreds, okay". ~George Carlin

  8. #128
    Elite Member Laurent's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Out There
    Posts
    39,113

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Laurent View Post
    I've started low carb for the first time. In the past I've done lower fat and counted calories to drop lbs, but I'm about to hit 40 and it seems like it's not working now. I've never counted carbs like this, but I have co-workers who swear by it, so I'm trying it. It feels weird not to obsessively count fat in every food label.

    I felt like hammered shit the first day, but it hasn't been too bad after that. I'm ready and willing for my body to use my midsection and ass for fuel now.
    So, update with this. I've stuck with it since Jan 29th and have managed almost 20 lbs. It was not as grueling as I thought it would be to lay off the bread and pasta, but I have moments. I also managed to quit caffeine, which is a small miracle, because I LOVED Diet Coke.

    I need to try and think up new low carb meals, because I'm starting to get bored with my same old.
    sprynkles, fgg, BITTER and 4 others like this.
    “What are you looking at, sugar-tits?” - Mel Gibson

  9. #129
    Elite Member sprynkles's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    At the salon
    Posts
    20,950

    Default

    Wow. That is really great. 20 pounds is a lot.

    Keto muffins https://www.ditchthecarbs.com/1-minute-keto-muffins/
    Laurent likes this.

    "A massive penis means never having to say you're sorry". Mo

  10. #130
    fgg
    fgg is online now
    Elite Member fgg's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Posts
    31,386

    Default

    i've been doing no/low carbs or sugar and trying to be conscious of what i eat for about two months and i've lost 13 lbs. my husband and i also just started the 16:8 IF at the beginning of this week. we've pretty much been doing it anyway but we cut the low calorie creamer from our coffee so we can stick to the no calories before our 11 am to 7 pm window.
    czb, Laurent and stella blue like this.
    can't post pics because my computer's broken and i'm stupid

  11. #131
    Elite Member BITTER's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    GUTTED
    Posts
    24,060

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by tulip View Post


    FYI -- Melatonin makes me feel horrible and headachy the next day. Don't know if you've taken it before, but FYI if you don't feel great.
    Funny you should say that - I had four melatonin gummies last night. I woke up with a dizzy, fuzzy headache that went away as soon as I had some coffee.

    Quote Originally Posted by Laurent View Post
    So, update with this. I've stuck with it since Jan 29th and have managed almost 20 lbs. It was not as grueling as I thought it would be to lay off the bread and pasta, but I have moments. I also managed to quit caffeine, which is a small miracle, because I LOVED Diet Coke. I need to try and think up new low carb meals, because I'm starting to get bored with my same old.
    Congrats!! Keep it up Laurent. I found some really good keto and low carb recipes on Pinterest. I can't access it from my work PC, but they had a zucchini boat stuffed with ground turkey and cheese that sounded tasty.
    Laurent likes this.
    Good luck getting a cat to do anything let alone join in on your sexcapades. - Air Quotes

  12. #132
    Elite Member sprynkles's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    At the salon
    Posts
    20,950

    Default

    That has been hard for me. Cutting the milk and sugar from my coffee or tea. I feel like I have terrible coffee breathe all morning and you're not really even supposed to have gum. Arg!

    My son and his gf fell off their keto diet for a day last week. Like junkies, they hit up Jack in the Box and Burger King. They both said they felt sick and bloated later and all the next day.
    fgg, BITTER and Laurent like this.

    "A massive penis means never having to say you're sorry". Mo

  13. #133
    fgg
    fgg is online now
    Elite Member fgg's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Posts
    31,386

    Default

    i put splenda in our coffee/tea. i can't drink either straight. yuck!
    can't post pics because my computer's broken and i'm stupid

  14. #134
    Elite Member MsDark's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Northwest MS/Memphis TN
    Posts
    28,030

    Default

    This was quick and helpful info on IF

    https://www.perfectketo.com/16-8-int...sting-ketosis/

    I hadn't been deliberately doing it, but based on the way I've been eating since starting this, which has been a month now, I'm basically 16/8-ing already! I eat two meals a day, with mayyybe some nuts, half an avocado, and/or a turkey 'beef" stick as a snack in between. My meals are high fat so they're very filling and I'm not getting hungry every few hours like I used to.

    Scrambled eggs I use butter in the skillet, and a teaspoon or so of heavy cream mixed into the eggs. And about half the time I also have a couple slices of bacon in addition, but not daily because frankly bacon is pretty damn expensive lately. And if I make it I have to make some for Dark Jr too because it's just mean to smell bacon cooking and it's not for you!

    Dinner last night was our steak night (yes I'm spoiled, I buy filet steaks, but I have a good place to get them price and quality wise so we do them at least once a week) and I always put them in a bag with garlic gloves, olive oil, S&P and a dash of worcestershire and lemon juice overnight. Jr made himself some instant mashed potatoes, but my "side" was grilled asparagus (roasted along with the garlic cloves I used to marinate the steak) and we both had a green salad. When I'm cooking the steaks I'll use butter and herbs (sometimes add a roasted garlic clove to the butter first) and they turn out beautifully. Quick and easy to make and this is an extremely filling dinner.

    Other nights I've had grilled salmon with "zoodles" (zucchini noodles) on the side. The stuffed peppers with cauliflower rice is another good one. About once a week I put chicken breasts in the slow cooker until they're falling apart and put the shredded chicken in the fridge and eat on it during the week (add to the green salad, along with some cut up avocado, etc). I'm not even hungry for 'dessert' most of the time, but occasionally I'll have a small bowl of blueberries and cut strawberries along with a tablespoon or two of heavy cream. Now that my sugar/starch craving has been shut off this actually tastes a lot sweeter to me than it did the first time I ate it.

    I think drinking lots of water...especially with a squeeze of lemon...helps also.
    fgg, sprynkles and Laurent like this.
    My Posts Have Won Awards. Can Any Of You Claim The Same? -ur_next_ex

    "I don't have pet peeves. I have major psychotic fucking hatreds, okay". ~George Carlin

  15. #135
    Elite Member Chalet's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Posts
    14,295

    Default

    You guys! You are doing so great, I'm so happy. Does anyone feel that they are becoming less interested or less emotional about sugar and carbs? I just think of how I used to eat about six or seven years ago. Never bad food, always salad and vegetables but on any night of the week you could ask me what I'm cooking and if I needed a fast dinner, I'd make pasta and add vegetables and chicken. I never watched my portions of pasta, I just ate. I know all of Italy eats that way but it has to be a small portion.

    Quote Originally Posted by sprynkles View Post
    That has been hard for me. Cutting the milk and sugar from my coffee or tea. I feel like I have terrible coffee breathe all morning and you're not really even supposed to have gum. Arg!

    My son and his gf fell off their keto diet for a day last week. Like junkies, they hit up Jack in the Box and Burger King. They both said they felt sick and bloated later and all the next day.
    Quote Originally Posted by fgg View Post
    i put splenda in our coffee/tea. i can't drink either straight. yuck!
    I will never ever no never give up my splash of half and half in my coffee. I've never used sugar in coffee so that would be hard. Life isn't worth living without the half and half.

    Get this instead. Tastes like sugar. It's natural so it breaks down in the body. Watch out for those alcohol sugars too. Erythritol · ‎Sorbitol · ‎Maltitol





    This brand is the best one.


    I've made some of her recipes.

    Low Carb Dietitian - Blog

    I find that I print recipes for another time but every day meals need to be a quick prep and one hour or less in the oven. I roast vegetables in the oven at 425 degrees (218 C) and bake a chicken or a fish. I keep pesto sauce (trader joe's or Costco), capers, sun dried tomatoes or horseradish sauce and spread a little of one of those ingredients on top and bake, they give instant flavor.

    I made cabbage soup tonight in a tomato base with cumin and paprika. Green beans, cabbage, onions, broth, water, carrots, celery and garlic. It's got a little kick and it's chunky.




    ...And just what you want to read about... (this is a great site)


    20 Surprising Foods With More Carbs Than a Bowl of Pasta

Page 9 of 16 FirstFirst ... 5678910111213 ... LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •