Page 8 of 18 FirstFirst ... 456789101112 ... LastLast
Like Tree346Likes

Thread: Weight Loss Plans for 2018

czb

i WAY overate/overindulged yesterday since i had such a bad day.

today, i fasted AND did a spin class. pretty close to my normal effort, too. not sure i could do that every day but it was pretty enjoyable today! did not eat until several hours later.
    sprynkles, CornFlakegrl and BITTER like this.

Why we need to ditch grains in our diets. Very interesting video.

ConstanceSpry likes this.

"A massive penis means never having to say you're sorry". Mo

My son and his gf are doing keto. I tried it over the weekend. It's pretty restrictive and I am not a huge meat eater. I like the idea of it, but I know me. I like hummus and beans and peanuts and some of the things keto says to avoid or really limit. I'm going to stick with the intermittent fasting and not eat gobs of carbs when I do eat.

This video explains the differences in the 2 and how it might be better to fast when you're an older person with a stressful job.

Last edited by sprynkles; March 19th, 2018 at 02:17 PM.
    ConstanceSpry and BITTER like this.

Well it was St. Patty's this weekend and I drank and ate corned beef and waaay too much soda bread and the scale didn't budge. I really thought I'd be up a pound or something. I simply stopped my gorging at my allotted time. I wouldn't trust that on regular basis but it was nice to indulge and not be punished on Monday's scale.
    if you're so incensed that you can't fly your penis in public take it up with your state, arrange a nude protest, go and be the rosa parks of cocks or something - witchcurlgirl

Here's an interesting article by Mark Bittman and David Katz about paleo, keto, etc. I think Goopy should read it.

The Last Conversation You?ll Need to Have About Eating Right
    'I had to get rid of the kid. The cat was allergic.'

Sounds a bit goopy and lame, but I just eat what my body is craving. Around that time of the month, I'm like GIVE ME MEAAAAAAAAAAAT. Other times I crave salad or sushi. I stopped looking at the scales a couple of years ago. I was so obsessed with them when I was younger, that I would know what my weight would be before getting on one. If I was disapointed, I'd say f-it and over eat. I just try to feel comfortable in my clothes and know when to cut back on some things. Sometimes I'm not hungry, but then get hangry after a few days, so I make myself at least eat something. Today I picked up some nice strawberries.

Three weeks in and I'm 8.5lbs down. Not bad for still feeling full and no exercise. I'm about to start back exercising though. We'll see how that goes.

I don't eat a ton of red meat ordinarily either. But I've been having steak once a week, since DarkJr likes it. And my stuffed pepper recipe uses ground beef (and 'cauliflower rice'). I have bacon in the morning with my eggs about 3-4 days a week. But other than that, for meats it's mostly chicken and fish.

Avocados are really helping too. I snack on nuts and berries. And in my car I keep a can of almonds and some turkey sticks.

The other situation is still something I'm getting used to. I'm having to drink plenty of water. Have not resorted to taking any type of SS or laxative yet. Hopefully I won't have to. Some days are easier than others when it comes to going.
    CornFlakegrl and Mrs P like this.
    My Posts Have Won Awards. Can Any Of You Claim The Same? -ur_next_ex

"I don't have pet peeves. I have major psychotic fucking hatreds, okay". ~George Carlin

From what I gather it takes some time to become fat adapted. But once in ketosis the fat burns like crazy. The musclebound dude in the videos I posted said taking fiber will take you out of ketosis.

WTG on the 8.5 lbs

I've still got a ways to go. Being on my ass for several weeks after hurting my shoulder right after the holidays added a few lbs to the ones I already needed to lose. But if this works, I'm keeping it up until... Who knows? Maybe a weight I have not seen in years if I'm lucky.
    sprynkles likes this.

"I don't have pet peeves. I have major psychotic fucking hatreds, okay". ~George Carlin

Quote Originally Posted by MsDark View Post
    2 weeks into a modified keto. 5# down and past the sugar/starch cravings (except for when I let myself get too stressed and don't sleep or hydrate enough, but that's getting resolved). The main issue I'm having is poop.

TMI warning for those with delicate sensibilities
    .As in I'm still going once a day, but don't feel like I'm completely emptying my bowels. This is the only reason I have not given up the morning coffee, even though I'm now able to drink it black or sans anything sweet. And the consistency has changed. It's lighter and less heavy, seems solid when coming out but by the time it hits the toilet about half the time (particularly when I feel I've completely emptied) it resembles a pile of disintegrated fiber. I already take magnesium supplement daily....I was doing that long before starting this, and I'm afraid if I up it I'll get the opposite problem! Explosive and/or runny shits is the last thing I need!

But down 5# in two weeks with no exercising and no longer feeling hungry all the time is worth figuring this out. Maybe it's just a matter of my bowels getting used to it. Going to try drinking more lemon water.
    I do a very high protein diet. I poop maybe twice a week and never feel finished. If take Miralax and a probiotic daily, I go daily as long as I'm well hydrated.

I do not recommend fiber supplementation unless you are VERY well hydrated.

I've been doing so much core work, as I've mentioned, it seems to be a weak part of my body. Standing abs, planking, whatever I do I have to make sure that it involves core work and constantly remind myself to keep my core tight when I'm doing other exercises. I'm so sore though.Not a debilitating sore, but in the sense that I'm using muscles that haven't seen a lot of activity. I also want to improve my posture. I found out that the ZZquil that I've been taking is fattening!!! Eighty calories per two tablespoon serving. Have to give it up - it's about cutting calories where you can. I got some melatonin gummies, I hope that they are effective.
    Good luck getting a cat to do anything let alone join in on your sexcapades. - Air Quotes

You can get the equivalent of that ZzQuil in tablet form instead of a syrup
    BITTER and sprynkles like this.

Quote Originally Posted by Charmed Hour View Post
    I do a very high protein diet. I poop maybe twice a week and never feel finished. If take Miralax and a probiotic daily, I go daily as long as I'm well hydrated.

I do not recommend fiber supplementation unless you are VERY well hydrated.
    Twice a WEEK?

I cannot deal. I know I'm probably eating less, but pooping anything less than daily makes me feel miserable.

It's getting better.

Quote Originally Posted by MsDark View Post
    You can get the equivalent of that ZzQuil in tablet form instead of a syrup
    Yeah, but I will miss that sickly sweet taste...I have no other vices.
    Good luck getting a cat to do anything let alone join in on your sexcapades. - Air Quotes

Page 8 of 18 FirstFirst ... 456789101112 ... LastLast

Thread Information