Page 7 of 16 FirstFirst ... 34567891011 ... LastLast
Like Tree288Likes

Thread: Weight Loss Plans for 2018

I still am loving it too. It's super easy, and free. I feel pretty good and also have more energy. I guess when the body isn't constantly digesting food, it can do some amazing things. I'll keep watching videos on it and learning more.
    CornFlakegrl likes this.

"A massive penis means never having to say you're sorry". Mo

I push it some days to 17 or 18 hours. Not really a push. If I'm busy and not super hungry, I wait. I think eventually I can throw in a 24 hour day from time to time. I'm probably jinxing myself but it hasn't been super hard.
    if you're so incensed that you can't fly your penis in public take it up with your state, arrange a nude protest, go and be the rosa parks of cocks or something - witchcurlgirl

I'm doing it as well. Funny enough, I ate like this almost my whole adult life because always skipped breakfast, I normally only had tea and coffee in the mornings. I always felt bad about it because so many people told me that breakfast is the most important food of the day, but I just couldn't. Now I know about this, it's a lot easier to stay away from food for around 15 hours. On the weekend it's even easier because I sleep more and don't have to have lunch because my working hours tell me so.
    -

czb

Quote Originally Posted by CornFlakegrl View Post
    I started intermittent fasting about 2 weeks ago after watching the videos you all posted. I think I love this. It's not been difficult to me. I'm just doing the 16/8 and honestly, I don't feel like I'm dieting. During my 8 hours I try to make the best choices and mostly do (although last night I had a couple of bites of chocolate cake), but I'm not depriving myself or "dieting." I've lost 4 lbs! My energy level is up too.
    that sounds awesome! how many days a week do you do it?
    CornFlakegrl likes this.

I need to lose like 5 kg... as long as I remember me. People say that I am good like that, but I don't like my body...sweet things is my weekest part...

Joining all of you, someone took a pic of me yesterday and I could not believe how fat I look. I quit chocolate and cut wayyy back on sugar early Jan, even drink coffee black now. So I really expected to lose weight due to that but instead it looks like I've gained. We have a family reunion coming up in early June and I DO NOT want to look like this in pics. Might try the fasting just to at least shed a few pounds by then. This post meno weight crap SUCKS!!
    BITTER likes this.
    'I had to get rid of the kid. The cat was allergic.'

From what I gather through watching gobs of Youtube videos, intermittent fasting and high fat low carb (keto) eating is where it's at. I'm all for trying that.
    CornFlakegrl likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by czb View Post
    that sounds awesome! how many days a week do you do it?
    Every day. I just eat in an 8 hour window and fast for 16. So far I've stuck to the same window (between 1-9 pm is feeding time) but I like knowing I can change it up if say we had plans for a brunch or something.

ETA: in response to sprykles - my "eat well" is basically low carb / no sugar. I find that if I "cheat" I don't lose weight with the IF, but I don't gain either. I'm down a total of 6 in 3 weeks and that is with a couple of carb-y meals so I slowed it down. I'm a-ok with that. Enjoying red curry with some noodles and still able to overall lose even if a little slower? I'm good.
    czb and weathered1 like this.
    if you're so incensed that you can't fly your penis in public take it up with your state, arrange a nude protest, go and be the rosa parks of cocks or something - witchcurlgirl

Quote Originally Posted by MohandasKGanja View Post
    With regard to sugar, what about something like a large bowl of fresh fruit? Is that only marg8nally better than ref8ned sugar? When Mrs Mo was convolescing from her foot surgery, I had prepared bowls if blueberries, blackberries, strawberries, Apple, kiwi, grapes and prunes. I don't think she gained a pound even though she was off her feet for weeks. She also had lots of protein and salads. It is difficult to tell how effective someth ing like this is, though, because I think that people have d8fferent metabolic rates that also adjust when different diets come into play. Lots of variables.
    My My Fitness Pal app says I've reached my sugar limit for the day if I have two apples for breakfast.
    Good luck getting a cat to do anything let alone join in on your sexcapades. - Air Quotes

2 weeks into a modified keto. 5# down and past the sugar/starch cravings (except for when I let myself get too stressed and don't sleep or hydrate enough, but that's getting resolved). The main issue I'm having is poop.

TMI warning for those with delicate sensibilities
    .As in I'm still going once a day, but don't feel like I'm completely emptying my bowels. This is the only reason I have not given up the morning coffee, even though I'm now able to drink it black or sans anything sweet. And the consistency has changed. It's lighter and less heavy, seems solid when coming out but by the time it hits the toilet about half the time (particularly when I feel I've completely emptied) it resembles a pile of disintegrated fiber. I already take magnesium supplement daily....I was doing that long before starting this, and I'm afraid if I up it I'll get the opposite problem! Explosive and/or runny shits is the last thing I need!

But down 5# in two weeks with no exercising and no longer feeling hungry all the time is worth figuring this out. Maybe it's just a matter of my bowels getting used to it. Going to try drinking more lemon water.
    My Posts Have Won Awards. Can Any Of You Claim The Same? -ur_next_ex

"I don't have pet peeves. I have major psychotic fucking hatreds, okay". ~George Carlin

I just finished drinking my glass of fiber as I read your post. I have noticed the same changes and bonus, it doesn't stink. But I have not been going everyday. Hence, the fiber supplement.

I just had 4 pieces of pie this morning - (2) chocolate, (1) apple cobbler, (1) cherry.

I don't feel so good......
    twitchy2.0 likes this.

czb

Quote Originally Posted by CornFlakegrl View Post
    Every day. I just eat in an 8 hour window and fast for 16. So far I've stuck to the same window (between 1-9 pm is feeding time) but I like knowing I can change it up if say we had plans for a brunch or something.

ah, did not realize it was every day. i just started last week and have been doing 2 days per week. that's been pretty easy. maybe i will up it to 3. not sure i could do every day since sometimes i do spin class in the morning.

Quote Originally Posted by MohandasKGanja View Post
    I just had 4 pieces of pie this morning - (2) chocolate, (1) apple cobbler, (1) cherry.

I don't feel so good......
    happy pi day!
    MohandasKGanja likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by czb View Post
    ah, did not realize it was every day. i just started last week and have been doing 2 days per week. that's been pretty easy. maybe i will up it to 3. not sure i could do every day since sometimes i do spin class in the morning.
    You're doing a 16 hour fast twice per week or fasting 2 whole days per week?

You can always adjust your feed time to fit your exercise schedule. I read if you can work out one hour before your first meal, you maximize the weight loss. Don't know if you could power through a spin class on an empty stomach though. Good luck!

czb

^^^ two 16 hour fast days. i feel good on those days but i don't exercise until later in the afternoon on the fast days so it isn't hard.

don't think i could fast 2 whole days each week, have too much to do every day. work, take care of kids, breathe!

don't think i could spin with no food in my belly. but i'm sure if i could, i would have increased weight loss ...

Page 7 of 16 FirstFirst ... 34567891011 ... LastLast

Thread Information