Page 6 of 18 FirstFirst ... 234567891016 ... LastLast
Like Tree346Likes

Thread: Weight Loss Plans for 2018

Quote Originally Posted by sprynkles View Post
    You wouldn't think so, but I feel pretty energetic for the most part when fasting. It's just so easy in my mind. I'm doing it my way. I pretty much have what I want on weekends. But I don't over do it by any means. It is definitely the easiest diet I've ever tried.
    I'd like to lose about 35 pounds. That seems very attainable and we'll see after that.
    That's where I am at! 30-40 pounds sounds attainable right now but I know I could afford to lose about 60+. As a lifelong dieter I can say this is the first time I've actually been committed to setting reasonable goals to meet each month. I've never been a goal setter, I can see now why so many successful people swear by it!
    tulip likes this.
    All you can do at life is play along and hope that sometimes you get it right.

Here is a short informative video about intermittent fasting presented by a pretty good looking man.

CornFlakegrl likes this.

"A massive penis means never having to say you're sorry". Mo

Another short video, this one is a doctor explaining IF.

CornFlakegrl likes this.

The first dude was easy to understand and quick. I found myself zoning out on dude number 2 but that could be the zzzquil I took, lol.

Was dude2 saying that 16/8 only works a little and you need to get to 20/4? Cuz that seems hard. But I suppose over time you'd get there.
    if you're so incensed that you can't fly your penis in public take it up with your state, arrange a nude protest, go and be the rosa parks of cocks or something - witchcurlgirl

Everyone is different. And women should NOT expect to lose the same or as quickly as men. But I found that doing 16/8 was much more sustainable. When I did longer fasts, 24- and 48-hr ones I definitely saw immediate losses on the scale: 2-3 lbs that STAYED off once I started eating (keto) again.
    CornFlakegrl likes this.

I have a 4 day a week 10 hour a day hour work schedule which makes it sort of easy to do the 23 hour fast.

I've been rewatching Dr. Jason Fung's interviews on Youtube. He really makes it simple. I just love him. He is the real deal too. A real

doctor who knows his stuff. I think this was the video that convinced me to give it a try.

Just finished this video. This guy lost an amazing of weight pretty quigkly. Plus besides weight loss, they talk about how fasting changed them spiritually. Good vid.

Quote Originally Posted by sprynkles View Post
    I
    One thing is for sure, when I used to smoke and drink diet coke I weighed much less, lol.
    I hear that! It's been everything I can do to not pick up a carton and lose 15 pounds.

That Dr. Berg is a chiropractor who has a clinic that does nutrition and chiropractic work. He says the same things as the physicians say but he's very specific about sugar and insulin. He doesn't want anyone to snack ever. Not an apple in between meals. He has a lot of videos so it was hard to avoid him. He and his nutball wife are Scientologists, so bye bye.

Dr. Fung explains things clearly. Dr. Hyman is my fella. He explains everything so nicely and humanly. Why have we (in the US) strayed so far from real, fresh food? Why is so much of our food out of a box? Reducing sugar is very important.

The Most Damaging Food Lie We Have Ever Been Told - Dr. Mark Hyman

Coke and broccoli trigger very different biochemical responses in the body — different hormones, neurotransmitters and immune messengers. The Coke will spike blood sugar and insulin and disrupt neurotransmitters, leading to increased hunger and fat storage, while the thousand calories of broccoli will balance blood sugar and make you feel full, cut your appetite and increase fat burning.

61 names for sugar.

Agave nectar
    Barbados sugar
    Barley malt
    Barley malt syrup
    Beet sugar
    Brown sugar
    Buttered syrup
    Cane juice
    Cane juice crystals
    Cane sugar
    Caramel
    Carob syrup
    Castor sugar
    Coconut palm sugar
    Coconut sugar
    Confectioner’s sugar
    Corn sweetener
    Corn syrup
    Corn syrup solids
    Date sugar
    Dehydrated cane juice
    Demerara sugar
    Dextrin
    Dextrose
    Evaporated cane juice
    Free-flowing brown sugars
    Fructose
    Fruit juice
    Fruit juice concentrate
    Glucose
    Glucose solids
    Golden sugar
    Golden syrup
    Grape sugar
    HFCS (high-fructose corn syrup)
    Honey
    Icing sugar
    Invert sugar
    Malt syrup
    Maltodextrin
    Maltol
    Maltose
    Mannose
    Maple syrup
    Molasses
    Muscovado
    Palm sugar
    Panocha
    Powdered sugar
    Raw sugar
    Refiner’s syrup
    Rice syrup
    Saccharose
    Sorghum syrup
    Sucrose
    Sugar (granulated)
    Sweet sorghum
    Syrup
    Treacle
    Turbinado sugar
    Yellow sugar

Here's something I made for my reduced sweet tooth. It took a few minutes. You mix 2 tbls of cacao powder, 3 tbls of coconut oil, 2 packets of Stevia, add one tbls of roasted shelled sesame seeds and pinch of sea salt. Spread it out on parchment paper, sprinkled sliced almonds on top and freeze 10 minutes. Peel it off and break it
    up. Keep it in the freezer. Low carb, high antioxidents, no sugar, healthy fat. Your mouth is so filled by bittersweet chocolate you don't want more than one piece.

BITTER and sprynkles like this.

I have always had a secret yuck factor feeling for Dr. Berg. And yes he is everywhere on every topic there it seems. Dr. Fung is the man.

With regard to sugar, what about something like a large bowl of fresh fruit? Is that only marg8nally better than ref8ned sugar? When Mrs Mo was convolescing from her foot surgery, I had prepared bowls if blueberries, blackberries, strawberries, Apple, kiwi, grapes and prunes. I don't think she gained a pound even though she was off her feet for weeks. She also had lots of protein and salads. It is difficult to tell how effective someth ing like this is, though, because I think that people have d8fferent metabolic rates that also adjust when different diets come into play. Lots of variables.

Aiming to lose another 20 lbs. I'll feel safer once I get down to 130 lbs (my ultimate weight goal is 117 lbs). I no longer want to experience chafing thighs. Damn bipolar depression and meds!

And I know I'll get flamed for this, but I know I won't feel so much like a loser with men once I get down to a weight that doesn't make them bristle...
    I don't want to perish like a fading horse - best lyric ever

Elite Member

Quote Originally Posted by MohandasKGanja View Post
    With regard to sugar, what about something like a large bowl of fresh fruit? Is that only marg8nally better than ref8ned sugar? When Mrs Mo was convolescing from her foot surgery, I had prepared bowls if blueberries, blackberries, strawberries, Apple, kiwi, grapes and prunes. I don't think she gained a pound even though she was off her feet for weeks. She also had lots of protein and salads. It is difficult to tell how effective someth ing like this is, though, because I think that people have d8fferent metabolic rates that also adjust when different diets come into play. Lots of variables.
    Fruits are filled with sugar, but it is natural sugar, not refined. Sugar is sugar...but fruit also has a lot of vitamins, fiber, etc. Not the same as eating a brownie

Quote Originally Posted by LaFolie View Post
    Aiming to lose another 20 lbs. I'll feel safer once I get down to 130 lbs (my ultimate weight goal is 117 lbs). I no longer want to experience chafing thighs. Damn bipolar depression and meds!

And I know I'll get flamed for this, but I know I won't feel so much like a loser with men once I get down to a weight that doesn't make them bristle...
    We know what appeals to men. Simple creates are they. When you feel your best you'll know it and it will come shining through. Feeling attractive makes us radiate confidence.

Tulip is correct about the naturally occuring sugar. What I've tried to do is eat low glycemic fruits like dark berries. Bananas are very high in natural sugar so I stay away from them and limit citrus fruits. I need my apples and I've just discovered Asian Pears. They are like an apple/pear. Never had one till a few weeks ago. So crisp and sweet and very very high in fiber. I just balance things out with no rhyme or reason. If dark berries are the healthiest then that's what I'll eat.

I had a boyfriend who was in his early 40's who could drink real Coke and eat a box of Entenmann's Chocolate Donuts without gaining an ounce. He was 6 foot tall and weighed 160. As he got into his mid 40's he got skinnier. He's probably going to be one of those seniors who becomes real thin and can eat anything.

I started intermittent fasting about 2 weeks ago after watching the videos you all posted. I think I love this. It's not been difficult to me. I'm just doing the 16/8 and honestly, I don't feel like I'm dieting. During my 8 hours I try to make the best choices and mostly do (although last night I had a couple of bites of chocolate cake), but I'm not depriving myself or "dieting." I've lost 4 lbs! My energy level is up too.
    fgg, faithanne, sprynkles and 2 others like this.
    if you're so incensed that you can't fly your penis in public take it up with your state, arrange a nude protest, go and be the rosa parks of cocks or something - witchcurlgirl

Page 6 of 18 FirstFirst ... 234567891016 ... LastLast

Thread Information