Page 5 of 16 FirstFirst 12345678915 ... LastLast
Like Tree288Likes

Thread: Weight Loss Plans for 2018

Quote Originally Posted by dksnj View Post
    I lost a lot of weight in early - mid 2017. I was dealing with a breakup (which I posted about here) and started walking. I absolutely hate exercise. But I would get home from work everyday, change and hit the boardwalk. I made a few playlists of my favorite songs. The boardwalk was 4 miles (r/t) and I loved it. Must have been the ocean air. I was also tracking my calories in My Fitness Pal (I also used Map My Walk which fed into MFP). Within 4 months I'd lost a lot of weight. Not sure how much because I didn't weigh myself, but I felt much lighter and my clothes fit a lot nicer. Then my dog had surgery on both back legs in early summer, I got over the breakup and sabotaged myself by eating unhealthy and not walking. Not sure why, I really would look forward to it everyday.
    I always say one of my best diets was when my high school boyfriend (now my husband) broke up with me. I dropped about 30 pounds without even realizing it. I've yet to be able to recreate that!

I'm finding the easiest thing to me for a quick dinner when I get home is buying one of those rotisserie (sp?) chickens since it's 0 points on WW. You can do so many things with it, last week I would fry up onions and peppers to make a chicken taco type deal. Lasted me 3 meals!
    dksnj likes this.
    All you can do at life is play along and hope that sometimes you get it right.

I did put on six pounds from the holidays...my nutritionist told me not to freak out, that it happens. But of course I freaked out. But I am back on track now. Plus I try to burn off no less than 700 per exercise session. My rotator cuff is doing much better, so I am back to using my resistance bands and hand weights. And staying hydrated. Thank goodness I discovered HASFit and The Body Project videos on YouTube. They are low impact, but pretty intense.

I'm sure that I didn't overeat/binge, but I did graze, and the stuff that I grazed on was mostly carbs - stuffing, potatoes, cake, pretty much the stuff bariatric patients are supposed to avoid.
    Laurent and twitchy2.0 like this.
    Good luck getting a cat to do anything let alone join in on your sexcapades. - Air Quotes

Elite Member

700 calories per session! That's great.

I need to exercise more. I get way more than 10,000 steps a day, but I need to do some targeted work.
    BITTER and o0Amber0o like this.

I've been doing low carb for 2+ weeks and feeling some improvement in my clothes. I'm making a real stab at cutting out caffeine, which sucks because I drink way, way, way too much Diet Coke.
    BITTER and o0Amber0o like this.
    “What are you looking at, sugar-tits?” - Mel Gibson

I am a former diet Cokaholic. I've been clean for over 10 years. I used to drink it like water. Maybe once a year I'll have half a can. It reminds me how nasty it tastes. Once you're off it, you find the taste quite awful. I quit cold turkey. I substituted iced tea as my daily caffeine source. I have noticed I seem to be more sensitive to caffeine in the last few years. Maybe it's an age thing. I really try not to have any at all in the afternoon, or I will have a tough time relaxing enough at bedtime to sleep.
    One thing is for sure, when I used to smoke and drink diet coke I weighed much less, lol.
    BITTER, Laurent and Daphodil like this.

"A massive penis means never having to say you're sorry". Mo

Laurent & sprynkles, you can either buy those homemade soda makers, which supposedly don't use the chemicals and sugars from regular and diet sodas, or you can but Dasani, MYO, Crystal Light powders into your bottled water. My surgery meant that I had to give up all kinds of carbonated stuff, but flavored water seems to satisfy my sweet tooth, most of the time anyway. I see them advertise those soda makers on TV a lot and have seen the actual machine in Target.
    Laurent likes this.
    Good luck getting a cat to do anything let alone join in on your sexcapades. - Air Quotes

Another proclaimed Diet Coke addict here! I've been drinking the stuff since I was young enough to steal sips from my mom's can as a kid. I've come a long way, I'm down to ~1 caffeine free can a day, but I also took a step back in life about 3 years ago by becoming addicted to iced coffee, so I have one of those every morning. I've gone months without my beloved DC before but then I fall back into the hole...I've never had a Diet Coke and thought, "ugh this is gross"...NEVER! Thankfully besides my Diet Coke and iced coffee I only drink water and unsweetened black tea.

I'm down in the 180's again as of my weigh in this morning which is exciting. WW Online seems to be working for now. I also went to our local college's pool last night to swim. My husband and I have been going every Sunday for about a month now, but I'm one of those freaks who hates to try new things by themselves so I had been putting off going during the week (he works second shift). I finally did it yesterday and it was not busy at all - I'm going to take the plunge and get a 3 month membership to the pool to get me through winter. I didn't learn how to swim until I was an adult when I got a job at The Y in my old hometown (thanks to sharing an office with the swim team coach) and I'm so thankful to have found a place go in the desolate area that I live in. Swimming is such a great exercise and I highly recommend it to anyone who has access to a pool!!
    stella blue, Laurent and tulip like this.

I just rejoined my gym. It's a gorgeous facility with a huge saline lap pool. I will be taking the plunge soon.

As for soda, I just don't buy it or drink it for the most part. I'm more into teas and I too LOVE iced coffee. The sweeter the better. So I don't have them too often.
    o0Amber0o and Laurent like this.

Quote Originally Posted by sprynkles View Post
    I just rejoined my gym. It's a gorgeous facility with a huge saline lap pool. I will be taking the plunge soon.

As for soda, I just don't buy it or drink it for the most part. I'm more into teas and I too LOVE iced coffee. The sweeter the better. So I don't have them too often.

Oh yes! My choice was a Dunk's iced coffee with their vanilla bean syrup that they use in the Coolatas - but those are 9 points for a small! So I've switched the McDonald's SF French Vanilla which is 4 points. Still a big hit but I get more coffee and it's cheaper sooooo...win? I hope to ween off of it at some point, but WW and exercise are big enough battles right now!

And yay for another swimmer! I honestly feel like it's the most exercise with the least amount of time - after 30 minutes of straight up laps I feel like I did a 60 minute Zumba class!
    sprynkles likes this.

How much are you trying to lose? Sounds like we weigh about the same. I've lost 20 pounds since maybe July or August. My back tweaked out and the doc in the box gave me this amazing drug which is meant for arthritis relief. I wasn't hungry and it was like I took a hit of speed. That really kick started my weight loss. And doing the intermittent fasting is working well for me. I'm just going very slowly. Last thing I want is my skin hanging off me. Supposedly, fasting does not cause the hangy skin thing if done properly.

I'm looking to lose 40 over the course of a year (although my monthly goal is 5 lbs and that would be 60 by the end of year and it would be amazing if I managed that!). Like you I just want to go slow, change the lifestyle...keep it OFF. What's your goal??

I had a similar experience with medication early last year - I went on Wellbutrin. Gave me steam to lose about 15 pounds which I gained back pretty quickly once I went off of it late last summer...which brings me here!

I definitely believe in the intermittent fasting idea - I do it a lot on the weekends. Often times I'll end up having one meal, I like to think it keeps my metabolism on it's toes.
    tulip and sprynkles like this.

You wouldn't think so, but I feel pretty energetic for the most part when fasting. It's just so easy in my mind. I'm doing it my way. I pretty much have what I want on weekends. But I don't over do it by any means. It is definitely the easiest diet I've ever tried.
    I'd like to lose about 35 pounds. That seems very attainable and we'll see after that.
    o0Amber0o likes this.

I'd like to try intermittent fasting. I'm confused by all of the different methods. Any recommendations on a good starter book?
    if you're so incensed that you can't fly your penis in public take it up with your state, arrange a nude protest, go and be the rosa parks of cocks or something - witchcurlgirl

I watched dozens of videos with Dr. Jason Fung. He makes it easy but goes into the medical aspect of the benefits.
    CornFlakegrl and Beeyotch like this.

Quote Originally Posted by CornFlakegrl View Post
    I'd like to try intermittent fasting. I'm confused by all of the different methods. Any recommendations on a good starter book?

I cant recommend any books but the you google Intermittent fasting there are lots of websites covering it.
    like: https://www.mensfitness.com/weight-l...best-diet-plan

After 5 months of IMF my husband noticed that he was full al lot quicker than usual on his non fasting days. His first day in NY he wanted to binge at Katz, He started with a brisket sandwich and couldn't finish one. We had gone before where he easily finished off such a sandwich, had some hotdogs and some fries on the side. So your body adapts.
    CornFlakegrl and Beeyotch like this.

Page 5 of 16 FirstFirst 12345678915 ... LastLast

Thread Information