Page 22 of 22 FirstFirst ... 121819202122
Like Tree457Likes

Thread: Weight Loss Plans for 2018

Speaking of old habits, they really do go kicking and screaming. I have a nasty fast food habit and also have a tendency to drink calories. I've been doing my fitness pal for about 11 days. I used to do WW but got sick of paying.

Quote Originally Posted by olivia720 View Post
    ...have a tendency to drink calories. I've been doing my fitness pal for about 11 days. I used to do WW but got sick of paying.
    I save WW points to have wine - lots of it. I'm not proud of that. Also, hi from Wisconsin!

I gained five pounds, but I am not freaking out about it. Just cleaning up my food this week, especially dinner. Threw out my tres leches chocolate cake.
    czb, Beeyotch, sprynkles and 2 others like this.
    "To be [black] in this country and to be relativity conscious is to be in a rage almost all of the time." ~ James Baldwin

You are so disciplined Bitter, I bet yours goes in no time!
    Quote Originally Posted by MontanaMama View Post
    Be kind to yourself Nov! Change is hard and old habits hang on for dear life.
    Yeah, working on all that shite!
    sprynkles, BITTER and bootspaige like this.

I hope so Novice...I ate so much junk over the holidays. I bought my mom tons of chocolates, which she insisted on sharing with me. How could I say no? With no income at the moment, my bingeing days are done for a while...
    "To be [black] in this country and to be relativity conscious is to be in a rage almost all of the time." ~ James Baldwin

Quote Originally Posted by Daphodil View Post
    I save WW points to have wine - lots of it. I'm not proud of that. Also, hi from Wisconsin!
    Hi there! Always great to see a fellow Wisconsinite! Hey, no shame in some wine.
    sprynkles likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by BITTER View Post
    I hope so Novice...I ate so much junk over the holidays. I bought my mom tons of chocolates, which she insisted on sharing with me. How could I say no? With no income at the moment, my bingeing days are done for a while...
    So you can thank Trump when you lose 5lbs???
    BITTER likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Novice View Post
    So you can thank Trump when you lose 5lbs???

The Trump diet (like a version the Maduro Diet) (sorry it isn't funny and I hope this get sorted asap)

Tackle those pound right away. BItter, the longer you wait the more they stick.
    I am the mascot of my husbands diet and I made him start right away after we arrived back from the holidays.(2;5) he had gained 5 pounds and only has 1 pound left to lose. I am so proud of him.
    His brother is in bad health and has gained a lot. The other day my husband said he hated himself because he had a KASS moment where his brother had already eaten a lot and then went in for another serving and he put his hand on his arm and said, Bro it's not necessary, the thing I find myself doing when I find my husband is over eating. He loves his food
    BITTER likes this.

^^^^I'm on it.
    czb, sprynkles and kasippu like this.

Quote Originally Posted by manningmsj View Post
    ^^^^ My mother was on something like that after her gastric sleeve. She is a pretty picky eater (her weight gain was mostly caused by health issues - mainly a pesticide exposure about 25 years ago that scarred her lungs and left her with severe asthma - she ended up on steroids, can barely walk 15 feet without being winded, has osteoporosis, etc, but has been compounded by lifelong depression/anxiety/suicidal thoughts), and she struggles so much to make healthy choices. She was always very thin and petite, so she has never adjusted to dieting/healthy eating, because she never had to before. And even now, all these years later, she still struggles to eat well. She doesn't even eat a lot, but what she eats is usually not good for her and when she gets anxious/depressed, she totally gives up on any kind of diet. The shakes were really hard for her to get used to (we are talking about a woman who had to be coaxed into even trying an avocado and thinks garlic is an exotic spice), but I know there was at least one brand her doctor recommended post-sleeve that she actually liked. I will ask her the name of it and report back. I wonder if it's the brand you posted. If not, another rec for the thread!!!

If she found it inoffensive, it probably tastes like a straight up milk shake. On the plus side, I made it to the gym today AND my mom came with me. She had a hard time getting on the bike (she had a hip replacement in June), but once she got on, she did it for about 15 minutes (which is a huge win for her). She watched me finish my work out and seemed interested to try some of the machines she watched me use, once she speaks to her doc and finds out if she is able. I'm so proud of her I could cry.

Confession - my worst fear is that my mom will die before I ever know what it's like to see her truly happy and her weight is probably the biggest contributor to her depression. This was BIG!!!
    Personally, I refuse to be the Food Police. I will make healthy meals and ensure their are healthy snack options avaialble as well. We're all adults and know what we should and should not be doing.
    llamamama likes this.

This post is well informative and helpful for me.

Page 22 of 22 FirstFirst ... 121819202122

Thread Information