Page 21 of 22 FirstFirst ... 11171819202122 LastLast
Like Tree457Likes

Thread: Weight Loss Plans for 2018

I love Moose Munch. Too much.

I really had whatever I wanted food wise during Christmas. I fasted Thurs and Fri (OMAD keto) and got on the scales this morning (Sat). I didn't gain any weight. Unless it takes a few days to show up. I think I'm okay. I enjoyed sweets and pizza and felt kind of crummy physically after doing it, but it wasn't terrible. Now it's back to business.

Quote Originally Posted by MohandasKGanja View Post
    If it makes you feel any better, someone swiped the bag of Moose Munch before I got to try any.....
    Last week I took my Mom to a Christmas cocktail gathering. The hostess is my friend and she adores my mother (the queen of charm and manners with a great sense of humor). So the hostess brings over a ribbon wrapped box of Godiva chocolates and hands them to her. Mom says oh my, thank you, my favorite! The hostess well dig in, find your faves - and the hostess goes on to her other guests. My Mom finds her caramel, I watch her enjoy it with gusto and then I go on to talk to people.

Later the hostess asks Mom where the box of chocolates was. Mom was so embarrassed - oh my god I put the box with my stuff, oh my god... (it wasn't a gift for her, just offered to her first so she got her favorites).
    MohandasKGanja likes this.

fgg

my husband and i started our new "lifestyle" (not diet) in january 2018. i lost 15-20 lbs and my husband lost 65 lbs. we've been doing the 16/8 IF, working out with weights a few days a week at home, cut out most carbs and keeping tabs on ourselves with a fitbit.

looking at it as a lifestyle and not a diet has done wonders for us. plus, we have each other to keep us motivated.

good luck to everyone!
    can't post pics because my computer's broken and i'm stupid

I lost 45 lbs just to get pregnant, gained about 30 with pregnancy, then crept back almost to where I started.

Getting back on the keto wagon was HARD after the kid. Sleep deprivation was a biggie and because I eat for comfort and plain old enjoyment. And because ice cream and beer and wine.

But now keto is working, I'm 15 lbs away from my pre-pregnancy weight and feel a lot better.
    czb, fgg, lindsaywhit and 6 others like this.

^ That's awesome!

Is there a thread for 2019? Because I have to do something, now. (Well, after company leaves on the 8th.)

Down to 159 this morning. YES! I think I'll see how I look at 150 and may stop there. I need to work on building more muscle now. My back has been causing me problems for over a year now off and on. I'm hoping really working on my core will help my back.

looking at it as a lifestyle and not a diet has done wonders for us. plus, we have each other to keep us motivated.
    IF and keto really is a lifestyle and I intend on keeping it up for the long run. It's been approximately one year since I started IF. I just love it.

Those damn candies are STILL out in the break area....I've eaten enough of them to choke a horse....

Mo, you know if you are one of the skinnies you have to take one for the team and hoover the rest of that shit, ASAP!
    fgg likes this.
    My Posts Have Won Awards. Can Any Of You Claim The Same? -ur_next_ex

"I don't have pet peeves. I have major psychotic fucking hatreds, okay". ~George Carlin

Just had the best/worst dinner ever. Best because itnwas delish, worst because it was lobster and crap legs and buttery goodness that is going to inflate me. Starting fresh tomorrow. I mean it!!! Gym and healthy choices are on my NY's resolutions.

Also, to quit smoking (as it's been for the past 10 years).
    Daphodil likes this.
    My doctor says that I have a malformed public-duty gland and a natural deficiency in moral fibre and that I am therefore excused from saving Universes.- Douglas Adams

Don't know if anyone started a 2019, but my overly industrious daughter has been doing the Shred10 for the last 4 months and roped me in for January. Starting Monday (for 10 days) I am giving up gluten, refined sugars, booze, dairy, processed food and I'm supposed to jettison caffeine, but that's just a bridge too far. Also not supposed to eat after 6, but since that's about when I get home, that might get bent.

There are supplements, lots of water, sleep 7-8 hours (long been a goal of mine, but I don't know how it's a rule) and exercise 30-60 mins per day. After the 10 days, it loosens up (I will be drinking dinner that 11th day), but you're supposed to generally stick to the eating/exercising.

The eating is pretty doable bc I mostly eat whole foods, it's just the planning and prep so I don't get stuck unprepared at work and find the nearest pizza to shovel.
    Novice likes this.
    If i hear one more personal attack, i will type while drunk, then you can cry! - Bugdoll
    (716): I'd call her a cunt, but she doesn't seem to have the depth or warmth
    Quote Originally Posted by shedevilang View Post
    (Replying to MontanaMama) This is some of the smartest shit I ever read

That looks interesting MM!
    Quote Originally Posted by manningmsj View Post
    ^^^ Like a shake? I don't think I have given shakes much of chance. Especially protein shakes. There's a weird after taste that I have never gotten used to. Let us know if you find a good one! I want to give them a fair shake (pun intended), but I don't even know what to try.

Have you tried a meal planning service? I think I read that Blue Apron just teamed up with WW. I had a meal prep service for a while (mostly because I felt like I was hitting a creativity slump and recycling the exact same recipes) and I found it really lit a fire under me in terms of cooking. I tried new things and learned more about pairing foods and spices and I think I'm a better cook for it. Not all of it was healthy, however, so I'm seriously considering trying the Blue Apron/WW plan.

They deliver the recipes and ingredients straight to your door, which is what I like. Every time I get the jones to cook something new, I realize I only have half the ingredients in my kitchen. Then when I buy the rest, the stuff I already had has gone bad. That, and I buy too much of stuff (especially produce) and I can never finish it all before it goes bad.
    Kind of ďshakesĒ, there is a medical diet (funnily enough a nurse told me about it in my drs office when I was recovering from cancer) that involves total meal replacement (low calorie to start then introduces ďrealĒ food) in an attempt to break my bad habits. It also involves psychological support (I have ptsd & anxiety issues) and tries to teach you to eat properly again.
    Iíve made a number of big changes in 2018, Iím (still) renovating my house (moved in 2+ yrs ago but worked shifts & commuted for 4 hours each day) and struggle because I *have* to do everything alone. However, I am in the best place that I have been in for years, I spend time with me, my dog, friends, I really like my work colleagues so I feel that itís time to lose some of the weight Iíve put on (20-30lbs since summer; maybe 80 overall?)

oh purition shakes shakes are good. I was very resistant but they work ok. Didnít work with almond milk though seemed to go solid for me...
    https://www.purition.co.uk/shop?gcli...xoCEEUQAvD_BwE

^^^^ My mother was on something like that after her gastric sleeve. She is a pretty picky eater (her weight gain was mostly caused by health issues - mainly a pesticide exposure about 25 years ago that scarred her lungs and left her with severe asthma - she ended up on steroids, can barely walk 15 feet without being winded, has osteoporosis, etc, but has been compounded by lifelong depression/anxiety/suicidal thoughts), and she struggles so much to make healthy choices. She was always very thin and petite, so she has never adjusted to dieting/healthy eating, because she never had to before. And even now, all these years later, she still struggles to eat well. She doesn't even eat a lot, but what she eats is usually not good for her and when she gets anxious/depressed, she totally gives up on any kind of diet. The shakes were really hard for her to get used to (we are talking about a woman who had to be coaxed into even trying an avocado and thinks garlic is an exotic spice), but I know there was at least one brand her doctor recommended post-sleeve that she actually liked. I will ask her the name of it and report back. I wonder if it's the brand you posted. If not, another rec for the thread!!!

If she found it inoffensive, it probably tastes like a straight up milk shake. On the plus side, I made it to the gym today AND my mom came with me. She had a hard time getting on the bike (she had a hip replacement in June), but once she got on, she did it for about 15 minutes (which is a huge win for her). She watched me finish my work out and seemed interested to try some of the machines she watched me use, once she speaks to her doc and finds out if she is able. I'm so proud of her I could cry.

Confession - my worst fear is that my mom will die before I ever know what it's like to see her truly happy and her weight is probably the biggest contributor to her depression. This was BIG!!!
    czb, Trixie, Daphodil and 2 others like this.
    My doctor says that I have a malformed public-duty gland and a natural deficiency in moral fibre and that I am therefore excused from saving Universes.- Douglas Adams

I've decided to give WW a whirl for the next 3 months. I'm STILL trying to take off the last 10 pounds of regain. I've beenboucning the same 5 pounds since October 2017. My sister is a personal coach for WW (she's also a licensed nutritonist.) She got me a 3 months free membership with the app. We shall see.
    fgg, sprynkles, Beeyotch and 1 others like this.

Oh Charmed I pray it works for you!
    I want 2019 to be the year I lose the most of my 4944838lb gain but I fell off the wagon tonight & feel angry & disgusted with myself. I’ve been “avoiding” excess sugar & was starting to feel better about it all. Damn!

manningmsj - I understand what is happening with your mom. I was always fairly slender but put on weight after an incident in my mid-30s. I now need to lose it but have forgotten how to eat/cook/etc for myself.

Be kind to yourself Nov! Change is hard and old habits hang on for dear life.
    czb, manningmsj and Novice like this.
    If i hear one more personal attack, i will type while drunk, then you can cry! - Bugdoll
    (716): I'd call her a cunt, but she doesn't seem to have the depth or warmth
    Quote Originally Posted by shedevilang View Post
    (Replying to MontanaMama) This is some of the smartest shit I ever read

Thread Information