Page 20 of 22 FirstFirst ... 1016171819202122 LastLast
Like Tree457Likes

Thread: Weight Loss Plans for 2018

^^^ That is NOT true. First of all, you're working on your fitness, so you DO have self control and discipline. Everyone has moments of weakness, sometimes even whole fucking years of weakness. Don't write yourself off. Sending you a big hug.
    My doctor says that I have a malformed public-duty gland and a natural deficiency in moral fibre and that I am therefore excused from saving Universes.- Douglas Adams

^^^Thank you, I needed that.
    Daphodil likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by manningmsj View Post
    ^^^ That is NOT true. First of all, you're working on your fitness, so you DO have self control and discipline. Everyone has moments of weakness, sometimes even whole fucking years of weakness. Don't write yourself off. Sending you a big hug.
    Decades?

I am seriously considering a meal replacement thing for 2019 to break (all) my bad eating habits.....

^^^ Like a shake? I don't think I have given shakes much of chance. Especially protein shakes. There's a weird after taste that I have never gotten used to. Let us know if you find a good one! I want to give them a fair shake (pun intended), but I don't even know what to try.

Have you tried a meal planning service? I think I read that Blue Apron just teamed up with WW. I had a meal prep service for a while (mostly because I felt like I was hitting a creativity slump and recycling the exact same recipes) and I found it really lit a fire under me in terms of cooking. I tried new things and learned more about pairing foods and spices and I think I'm a better cook for it. Not all of it was healthy, however, so I'm seriously considering trying the Blue Apron/WW plan.

They deliver the recipes and ingredients straight to your door, which is what I like. Every time I get the jones to cook something new, I realize I only have half the ingredients in my kitchen. Then when I buy the rest, the stuff I already had has gone bad. That, and I buy too much of stuff (especially produce) and I can never finish it all before it goes bad.
    My doctor says that I have a malformed public-duty gland and a natural deficiency in moral fibre and that I am therefore excused from saving Universes.- Douglas Adams

I think intermittent fasting is covered somewhere. Maybe in this thread or the keto thread. But it is possible to go without 3 meals a day. And it may be possible for some to just skip a meal without having a shake in place of a meal. It is possible. I started learning about intermittent fasting last December. I am so happy I found out about it, and now I love doing it. I've only gone 3 days without eating, but it was no big deal. Now I mostly eat one meal a day four days a week. It's very cheap to do it. You just don't eat. It's really the easiest diet/health plan in the world. Please, research fasting. I spent many hours watching videos and reading about the benefits of fasting. We will all be here in 40 more years if we fast.
    Beeyotch and fgg like this.

True, if you're fat at all, fasting is a good choice. Type 1 diabetics or those who get dangerously hypoglycemic are the only ones who probably shouldn't. (And children of course.)

I used to get all panicky once I felt hungry, and hangry if I let it go too long. But now I remind myself it's perfectly safe, the hunger will go away and Lawd knows I have plenty of fat reserves. It's reassuring to know my body will use fat as fuel if I don't shovel more food into it.

^^^ Like a shake? I don't think I have given shakes much of chance. Especially protein shakes. There's a weird after taste that I have never gotten used to. Let us know if you find a good one! I want to give them a fair shake (pun intended), but I don't even know what to try.

Have you tried a meal planning service? I think I read that Blue Apron just teamed up with WW. I had a meal prep service for a while (mostly because I felt like I was hitting a creativity slump and recycling the exact same recipes) and I found it really lit a fire under me in terms of cooking. I tried new things and learned more about pairing foods and spices and I think I'm a better cook for it. Not all of it was healthy, however, so I'm seriously considering trying the Blue Apron/WW plan.

They deliver the recipes and ingredients straight to your door, which is what I like. Every time I get the jones to cook something new, I realize I only have half the ingredients in my kitchen. Then when I buy the rest, the stuff I already had has gone bad. That, and I buy too much of stuff (especially produce) and I can never finish it all before it goes bad.
    I drink whey protein shakes every day. By far, to me, the best brand is Quest followed closely by Syntrax (I dont like the Nectar line). Every flavor is excellent. My trick is to blend them in my portable blender and then pour in my shaker cup. No smell, no clumps of powder and no after taste. I also buy the Syntrax unflavored and add it to puddings, mashed potatoes and some other baked goods.

I suggest trying the sample packs of the flavors if you're interested. Smaller committment than buying a whole tub.

https://www.amazon.com/Quest-Protein...5%3A2470955011

^^^ Thank you!

So, I walked over to our break area, and all this stuff was laid out waiting for us..... (and yes, I ate some) Great example of why people have a hard time controlling calories this time of year.

fgg likes this.

Just what this thread needed - pictures of sweets.
    The dark chocolate is making my mouth water and I kinda hate you for it.
    MohandasKGanja and twitchy2.0 like this.

If it makes you feel any better, someone swiped the bag of Moose Munch before I got to try any.....
    manningmsj likes this.

^^^ It does actually. Thank you.
    MohandasKGanja and twitchy2.0 like this.

^^^ It does actually. Thank you.

czb

^^^ are those rustic bakery crackers on the counter? if so, SNAG them. they are delicious.

Yes, and I forgot to grab some. Almost all of this stuff was still on the table when I left work yesterday. I took a little bit of each to take home to my family. Since I usually don't get in to work early, I'm not sure what will be left on Monday.

Thread Information