Page 18 of 22 FirstFirst ... 8141516171819202122 LastLast
Like Tree457Likes

Thread: Weight Loss Plans for 2018

I was sloooooowly moving in the right direction, and I fell right off the wagon last week with my birthday. Cake at the office, dinner out with the family, trip to Asheville with the BF and many, many drinks. I haven't been to yoga in a week.

I have at least logged all my food today (I'm already over my calorie goal because I grabbed lunch out - great start there!) but I'm cooking dinner when I get home and making a big salad to bring to work the rest of the week. And taking the dog for a long walk.
    Novice and sprynkles like this.

You have to be able to enjoy your life. Cake and many drinks are a great part of life to enjoy.

stella blue likes this.

So I have felt very run down since last night. Tired, headachy, and semi-hungry, which I have not felt since the first 4-5 days of starting keto. And I don't like it.

I could not wait to get home and have my dinner at the end of today. Chicken with a green salad. Had to pace myself not to scarf it down. I'm hoping like hell that getting my body back used to 20-30g of carbs per day will not take a whole 4-5 days of willpower/feeling like shit like when I first started.

I'll keep everyone posted. I guess this was a good way to test the waters. I saw how easy it was to jump right back into eating carbs. Over-eating them, if I'm gonna be honest.

So to recap: 3 day carb binge after 6 months of keto, back on the wagon for over 24 hours now. Thankfully no weight gain, but I did have a bloated gut and plenty of gas by the end of the weekend. At least that's gone now. I'll give it at least a week before I'm concerned if I'm not back to losing (because I do still have more I want to lose) but this return of the "hunger" sucks. I've got some zero carb snacks (eggs, turkey sausage sticks, cheese cubes) in the fridge just in case.
    My Posts Have Won Awards. Can Any Of You Claim The Same? -ur_next_ex

"I don't have pet peeves. I have major psychotic fucking hatreds, okay". ~George Carlin

Good luck MsDark !

That adaptation to a new diet phase is so horrible and hard to go through, when I resumed intermittent fasting I realised I had so used my body to getting food whenever I was bored that I was hungry all the fucking time. I've been very meticulous even during my holidays (I hope I did not annoy my friends too much) because it is soooooo easy to just take on bad habits again, and a one time exception becomes a norm again, and I hated feeling this hungry and shitty when I resumed IF.

But right now, after years of struggling with my abrupt weight gain from 4 years ago, I'm nowhere near as skinny as I was, but I finally see results:
    feeling comfortable in clothes again, fitting in clothes again :p
    having defined muscles on my legs and arms
    It feels good, I definitely dont want to ruin those results now that I finally managed to drop wome weight (after yeah, years of not shedding a pound despite sport and reasonable vegan diet !)
    sprynkles, faithanne and Novice like this.
    Fluctuat nec mergitur
    Paris, Nov 13th

I'm back on track as well with the IF. I found out that I made some really silly mistakes and I'm now back at it since a couple of days and I can already feel it as I'm less bloated then before, so my tummy is much leaner. Also that weekend I didn't have any fancy plans so I did the IF for 2 times around 18 hours or longer and it was really good! Had a nice dinner with wine with a friend Saturday evening and then went back to IF until Sunday evening. Feeling good! Also I found out I have more energy working out while IF. I normally go to the gym in the lunch break and I always thought I have to eat something an hour prior in order to have energy. Not true! I felt dizzy most of the time because of it - I think my body was in digesting mode - not having that anymore.
    Wedding dress here I come! Four more weeks to go. I just don't want to have a bloated tummy, that would be great.
    -

Feeling a bit better today. Hunger is way down. Had my eggs and bacon earlier in the day, then for dinner spicy keto chicken soup with chunks of chicken, small amt of veg, avocado slices, a squeeze of lime and sprinkle of monterrey jack cheese on top. I think I'm good for the night now.
    My Posts Have Won Awards. Can Any Of You Claim The Same? -ur_next_ex

"I don't have pet peeves. I have major psychotic fucking hatreds, okay". ~George Carlin

I was bad because I had desserts with my lunches every day this week....but I was actually able to jog a bit. A minute walking, half a minute jogging, kept it up for twenty minutes or so for my regular walk. Hopefully I'll get better.
    stella blue, sprynkles and Novice like this.
    "I am a social vegan; I avoid meet! Anonymous Introvert

I forgot to eat lunch today, so maybe I'm IF...
    BITTER and sprynkles like this.

Fasting: The Movie has very recently been uploaded to Youtube. I was going to watch it earlier this year but never really wanted to plunk down the $10. Get it while it's free.

Just wanted to mention that Mrs Mo and our daughter have been on South Beach for like the last 4 weeks or so (I've lost track). Mrs. Mo lost about 10 pounds or more so far, I think, while our daughter lost about 6 or so. Food typically consists of shakes, protein bars and microwave dinners.

Mrs Mo said that the shakes are the first ones she ever had that kept her from feeling hungry or having low-blood sugar. She's also combined it with hitting the gym with me about 5 days a week. Our daughter has been frustrated that she hasn't lost more weight, but she has lost a total of 20 pounds since the beginning of the year. I think she is being hard on herself, but she is a 15-year-old girl who really likes bread, pasta and dessert in general. She's also been running and lifting weights with me on the weekends.

Because she is three weeks into this, Mrs. can start adding other stuff to her diet. On weekdays, I've been making her an omelet with two whole eggs and a slice of lean turkey after we come back from the gym. I think you can see the weight loss especially in the midsection and upper arms.

The South Beach stuff came in a giant styrofoam cooler and two smaller boxes. The cooler had microwave dinners, packed in dry ice. The other boxes with shake mixes and protein bars.

Thank you so much> I convinced my husband to go on the Dr Longo diet because his cholesterol was really bad and after the diet his numbers changed dramatically . since then he has been on and off on the 2:5 but I think we should do another 5 days. Strangely I never had high cholesterol in my life and after joining him on the diet mine went up

Quote Originally Posted by sprynkles View Post
    Fasting: The Movie has very recently been uploaded to Youtube. I was going to watch it earlier this year but never really wanted to plunk down the $10. Get it while it's free.

sprynkles likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by MohandasKGanja View Post
    Just wanted to mention that Mrs Mo and our daughter have been on South Beach for like the last 4 weeks or so (I've lost track). Mrs. Mo lost about 10 pounds or more so far, I think, while our daughter lost about 6 or so. Food typically consists of shakes, protein bars and microwave dinners.

Mrs Mo said that the shakes are the first ones she ever had that kept her from feeling hungry or having low-blood sugar. She's also combined it with hitting the gym with me about 5 days a week. Our daughter has been frustrated that she hasn't lost more weight, but she has lost a total of 20 pounds since the beginning of the year. I think she is being hard on herself, but she is a 15-year-old girl who really likes bread, pasta and dessert in general. She's also been running and lifting weights with me on the weekends.

Because she is three weeks into this, Mrs. can start adding other stuff to her diet. On weekdays, I've been making her an omelet with two whole eggs and a slice of lean turkey after we come back from the gym. I think you can see the weight loss especially in the midsection and upper arms.

The South Beach stuff came in a giant styrofoam cooler and two smaller boxes. The cooler had microwave dinners, packed in dry ice. The other boxes with shake mixes and protein bars.
    20 lbs is a lot, plus remind your daughter about body recomposition. If she's adding muscle while losing weight, this is probably masking a bigger weight loss than 20 lbs. And it's a better change in her body than just weight loss alone.
    MohandasKGanja and fgg like this.

Quote Originally Posted by Beeyotch View Post
    20 lbs is a lot, plus remind your daughter about body recomposition. If she's adding muscle while losing weight, this is probably masking a bigger weight loss than 20 lbs. And it's a better change in her body than just weight loss alone.
    That's a great point, and I don't know how I missed it. Thanks.

I listened to the Fasting movie while I was at work. It is amazing the ailments you may be able to cure with fasting. It's not just about losing weight. I will watch it many times I'm sure.
    Beeyotch likes this.

Bronze Member

Am I the only one who watches Mukbang and find it effective while fasting?

Thread Information