Page 15 of 18 FirstFirst ... 51112131415161718 LastLast
Like Tree346Likes

Thread: Weight Loss Plans for 2018

Don't cave. Slow is better than nothing. Especially if you are over 40. Take your measurements once a week. I have several of those to look back on now and even when the scale wasn't budging I was still losing something. It helped.
    czb, Laurent and BITTER like this.
    My Posts Have Won Awards. Can Any Of You Claim The Same? -ur_next_ex

"I don't have pet peeves. I have major psychotic fucking hatreds, okay". ~George Carlin

Quote Originally Posted by stella blue View Post
    I'm in a very similar boat. I did hit my 10k steps yesterday, and I only went over my calories by a few, so that's better than I have been doing. According to MFP, I am up 15 pounds in the last six months (which, not coincidentally, is when I started dating my boyfriend and got back into the craft beer habit. And frankly, the way my pants are fitting, I thought it was a lot worse than that.) I wake up with good intentions, and do really well during the day, and then I get home and all I want to do is sit on the back porch and read and sip on a cocktail or three.

Let's do this.
    I'm doing it! I met my friend for dinner last Saturday night. She was always somewhat average, but she looked great when I saw her. She's been cutting out dairy and eating gluten free. Her kids have celiac and she said it was easier to just buy all gluten free foods that buy separate foods and risk cross contamination. She's been doing it for two months and says she feels less bloated, more energy, etc.

So, last Sunday, I started doing that. I haven't been extremely strict about it, but switched to yogurt made with soy or coconut milk. I'm eating gluten free foods - which may be hard cause I love me some pasta. I did find a gluten free pasta but haven't tried it yet. I tried the Birdseye mashed cauliflower and riced cauliflower that was pretty good. And lots of fruit and fresh veggies. I walked 4 nights in the last week. I don't know if I've lost weight, but I feel better. Could be mind over matter, but it is making me not want to sabotage myself. My jeans feel more comfortable (even after coming right out of the dryer). So we will see. I have a goal in mind for my 50th Bday - which is in November, but I need to set some some more goals between now and then or I'll just keep using the "November is months away" excuse.

Plus....my daughter had her baby last night (my first grandchild) and I want to be around for a long time for that little nugget
    Vera Donovan: (Dolores Claiborne) : Sometimes you have to be a high-riding bitch to survive. Sometimes being a bitch is all a woman has to hold onto.

Congrats grandma! That's wonderful.
    dksnj likes this.

"A massive penis means never having to say you're sorry". Mo

Husband is on te 2/5 but he needs something 'filling' so lots of spinach, broccoli, ...

Found this, Konjac nooddles, this has basically no taste but they do 'soak'up the taste when cooking so some garlic, ginger, sesame and
    together with broccoli and some turkey makes a very light but filling stir fry.

^ Konjac noodles was one of the worst things I've ever tried. Really. I think I tried every substitute to pasta but this. Was. The. Worst!
    politesse likes this.
    -

Quote Originally Posted by funky_chicken View Post
    ^ Konjac noodles was one of the worst things I've ever tried. Really. I think I tried every substitute to pasta but this. Was. The. Worst!
    I just looked up Konjac, and it looks like something sold by the Martian version of Adam and Eve.

BITTER likes this.

At first I was: Cognac noodles? Yes, count me in! Something like Penne alla Vodka.
    kasippu likes this.
    -

24#!
    czb, dksnj, fgg and 2 others like this.
    My Posts Have Won Awards. Can Any Of You Claim The Same? -ur_next_ex

"I don't have pet peeves. I have major psychotic fucking hatreds, okay". ~George Carlin

Quote Originally Posted by funky_chicken View Post

Really? I find the ones I had (the above brand) very bland but filling. The kids said they preferred them to the regular noodles , But a lot of garlic, ginger sesame ,... was added, we ate them as a sort of brocolli noodle soup.

I don't disagree with the cognac noodles.

Quote Originally Posted by dksnj View Post
    Plus....my daughter had her baby last night (my first grandchild) and I want to be around for a long time for that little nugget

CONGRATS!!!!boy or girl?

Quote Originally Posted by kasippu View Post
    Really? I find the ones I had (the above brand) very bland but filling. The kids said they preferred them to the regular noodles , But a lot of garlic, ginger sesame ,... was added, we ate them as a sort of brocolli noodle soup.

I don't disagree with the cognac noodles.

CONGRATS!!!!boy or girl?
    She had a boy. She was due 6/3 but started labor Friday night. Had to have emergency c-section after the pushing wasn't working. All are happy and healthy
    Vera Donovan: (Dolores Claiborne) : Sometimes you have to be a high-riding bitch to survive. Sometimes being a bitch is all a woman has to hold onto.

If you work out at home and can connect your flatscreen to YouTube, try HASfit. They've become my favorite.
    https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCXI...Gn53HA-x9RDevA
    renesees and stella blue like this.
    Good luck getting a cat to do anything let alone join in on your sexcapades. - Air Quotes

Quote Originally Posted by BITTER View Post
    If you work out at home and can connect your flatscreen to YouTube, try HASfit. They've become my favorite.
    https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCXI...Gn53HA-x9RDevA
    I'll have to check that out.

I have a SmartTv in my den. Last week, when I started trying to eat better, I found an exercise for beginners video on Youtube. It was only 15 minutes and I thought 'pfft, 15 minutes will be a breeze'. It had a countdown clock up at the top of the screen. At 12:03, 2:57 minutes in, I was done! Beginners my @ss! My legs felt like spaghetti and that was only the warm up! I haven't been able to walk the boardwalk because the weather in NJ has been rain for the last week.
    BITTER likes this.

Bronze Member

Lurking since page 1, felt the need to jump in and say "thank you" to all the posters and big high fives to all the ones making progress! I started IF a month ago, almost completely cut out gluten and have only had a few glasses of wine! Still not much movement on the scale but I do feel better.

I think I might be in perimenopause and am finding for the first time in my life, losing weight has been a real problem no matter if I eat like a bird and work out 24/7! This little spot on GR has been my saving grace and I thank you all!

I used to be able to lose weight so quickly back before I got old. But I was so much more active too. I have become very lazy. It's the darn internet's fault.

"A massive penis means never having to say you're sorry". Mo

fgg

^that's why i buckled down this year. i'm months away from 40 and it is getting harder and harder to get those 5-10 flux pounds off. i'm down 14 lbs and would love a couple more gone so i have a buffer but it isn't important. we're trying to focus on making this our new normal and have decided to throw in a little bit of exercise. that would be my goal more than anything - tighten up rather than lose.
    czb likes this.
    can't post pics because my computer's broken and i'm stupid

Thread Information