Page 12 of 16 FirstFirst ... 28910111213141516 LastLast
Like Tree288Likes

Thread: Weight Loss Plans for 2018

czb

i'm not GF but i live in the land of GF. some people i know swear by 'measure for measure' and substitute it where flour is called for. i've had some muffins that were baked with it and they were pretty good, but i was warned that 'measure for measure' in baked goods is only good if you eat it within one day of baking. the texture is supposed to be off after that.

any of you try it?

Interesting about the almond flour. I'll have to keep better track of what I eat because some days I wake up to aching kidneys (and no, I didn't have alcohol the night before).

Pissy because I've hit a stall but trying not to flake out since it's likely due to being that time of the month. I haven't gained though, so that's a plus.

Just haven't lost anything in about a week.
    fgg likes this.
    My Posts Have Won Awards. Can Any Of You Claim The Same? -ur_next_ex

"I don't have pet peeves. I have major psychotic fucking hatreds, okay". ~George Carlin

I feel your pain MsD Ive plateaued for a couple of months now and there is a big school reunion in September. I need my ass kicking!
    Free Charmed.

A couple of months!? That sounds like agony.

Here I am being a sourpuss about a week.
    Novice and fgg like this.

"I don't have pet peeves. I have major psychotic fucking hatreds, okay". ~George Carlin

Quote Originally Posted by MsDark View Post
    A couple of months!? That sounds like agony.

Here I am being a sourpuss about a week.
    Oh it’s been years, it’s linked to the PTSD. When my head is doing well I lose when not I gain:
    I am trying really hard at the moment and it’s up-down-up-down every time I get weighed.
    If I could keep it at the lowest it means a big deal as I am close to being out of that bmi segment..
    not happening.

I belong to a Facebook group and people have lost massive amounts and sometimes in 6 months and I just don’t get it.
    But I do if you know what I mean.... I am very frustrated though.
    Free Charmed.

Alright, so it must have been some water weight sticking around for shark week. Woke up today 3# down.

This week has been rough though, I'm not gonna lie. I was so tempted to say fuck it but glad I didn't.

Rant: My mother. She keeps trying to bring food to my house. I even opened the door to her once holding a goddamned fast food bag with a "leftover" fresh burger and fries in it and when I told her to get it away she innocently claims "but I thought DarkJr would want it!" I swear with the week I have had sticking to this thing I thought I was going to lose it right there. I would not even let her bring it in the house. I did NOT need to smell that shit right now.

She plays the clueless old lady and even DarkJr thinks she means well, but I have her number. I grew up with this woman! So she took it back to the car and came in. I swear to god... Does anyone else have to deal with this kind of shit? This is exactly the kind of sabotaging shit I'd have to deal with when married to MrD.
    czb likes this.

The people on My 600 Pound Life seemed to have relatives like that in many cases. Bringing them fast food in the damn hospital before and after these people's weight loss surgeries.

"A massive penis means never having to say you're sorry". Mo

My weight loss plan got an accidental fast forward. I started feeling a bit off with my appetite while I was in China on March 29. I got back on March 31st and still can't eat. Anything I eat goes right through me and I also feel like I'll throw up. Since Saturday around 2pm, I've eaten an apple. Yep. An apple. I try really hard to eat, but it's like mission impossible.

Hardest part now is when I can finally reintroduce more foods. I need to do it in a healthy way and know how much exercise my body can take right now. This is NOT the way I wanted to lose the weight, at all, but all my "goal" clothes all fit great now and I don't want to lose that.

Quote Originally Posted by MsDark View Post
    Pissy because I've hit a stall but trying not to flake out since it's likely due to being that time of the month. I haven't gained though, so that's a plus.
    Just haven't lost anything in about a week.
    Quote Originally Posted by Novice View Post
    I feel your pain MsD I’ve plateaued for a couple of months now and there is a big school reunion in September. I need my ass kicking!
    I am not a nutritionist so take my advice for what you want but it sounds like you have plateau-ed. Maybe you should introduce more fats into your diet (avocado, olive oil) not A LOT but just a little. Then are you drinking enough water?
    What else are you drinking? Juices are very calorific so stay away from them. Eat your food do not drink it.

Quote Originally Posted by sprynkles View Post
    The people on My 600 Pound Life seemed to have relatives like that in many cases. Bringing them fast food in the damn hospital before and after these people's weight loss surgeries.
    I know, I am wierdly obsessed about that show, My husband hates me for watching it. But mostly it is the husband or the family that are feeding the patients. I am always wondering 'how do you say you love someone if you are trying to kill them',....

Quote Originally Posted by dallison View Post
    My weight loss plan got an accidental fast forward. I started feeling a bit off with my appetite while I was in China on March 29. I got back on March 31st and still can't eat. Anything I eat goes right through me and I also feel like I'll throw up. Since Saturday around 2pm, I've eaten an apple. Yep. An apple. I try really hard to eat, but it's like mission impossible. .
    I am so sorry to hear that and hope you feel better because you must have lost a lot. You have been off food so long. I hope you are seeing a doctor.
    sprynkles and dallison like this.

Well I lost 3# right away after the week was over. And I've dropped another # since so I'm pretty convinced it was due to shark week.
    kasippu likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by kasippu View Post
    I am not a nutritionist so take my advice for what you want but it sounds like you have plateau-ed. Maybe you should introduce more fats into your diet (avocado, olive oil) not A LOT but just a little. Then are you drinking enough water?
    What else are you drinking? Juices are very calorific so stay away from them. Eat your food do not drink it.
    Not enough water, that is for sure but that isn’t the answer for previous stalls.
    I changed jobs in January and have a much more active role now but the flip side is that it have a much longer commute and work worse shifts. C’est la vie!
    I eat too much chocolate.
    Free Charmed.

Novice! Where the hell you been? You good? Okay!

Quote Originally Posted by sprynkles View Post
    Im obsessed with the show because Ive had weight loss surgery. Im blown away by how unwilling so many are to take personal responsibility for their lives. They continue to do it wrong after surgery. I can rant and rant about Dr. Nows low standards of mental health care.

I can tell you this, my MIL is going to become incapable of doing for herself at some point in the near future due to her weight and both related and unrelated health issues. When that time comes and Im in charge homegirl is going to loose a fair amount of weight. I will not be guilted into providing the 3,000 calorie meals she eats six times a day.

Quote Originally Posted by BITTER View Post
    Started subscribing to Fitness Blender...they're okay, but they look like models, it's a little intimidating.
    I am subscribed to Fitness Blender too and you're right, they do look like models. But the before pictures of her (I don't know if there is one of him as well) are quite encouraging. Also I love that in their videos, they struggle as well and sometimes need a little break and are out of breath etc.

Quote Originally Posted by czb View Post
    i'm not GF but i live in the land of GF. some people i know swear by 'measure for measure' and substitute it where flour is called for. i've had some muffins that were baked with it and they were pretty good, but i was warned that 'measure for measure' in baked goods is only good if you eat it within one day of baking. the texture is supposed to be off after that.

any of you try it?
    I am gluten intolerant and I only bake things that have naturally no flour in it, or only a small amount. For example brownies, you usually only need a tiny bit of flour, so I'll use coconut flour or rice flour or whatever I have. To thicken sauces or similar you can go measure for measure.
    But when it comes to baking cakes and similar that need flour to make the dough stick together, in my experience, the measure for measure NEVER works out! The GF substitutes are either to complicated to use - for example when you use coconut flour you need to add linseed or psyllium husk to make the dough sticky - or unhealthy, when you use a GF-All purpose flour.
    Also, it gets crumbly and just makes me very angry in general.
    -

Thread Information