Page 10 of 16 FirstFirst ... 67891011121314 ... LastLast
Like Tree288Likes

Thread: Weight Loss Plans for 2018

I have to watch the tomato stuff. An actual tomato (or part of one) and diced tomatoes drained are okay. But no paste or sauce. And carrots are out. Which is not hard for me because I'm not especially fond of carrots anyway. From what I understand, once out of weight loss mode and concentrating on maintenance things will be less strict.

I'm afraid to even think about a cheat day. I don't even really crave stuff anymore but....sprynkles when your son and gf fell off their diet for a day and junked out was it easy for them to get back in the zone again? If it's only a matter of a day or two of eating right again that's a relief. But I'm worried it might set me back a week or more. Plus give me the shits from hell.
    My Posts Have Won Awards. Can Any Of You Claim The Same? -ur_next_ex

"I don't have pet peeves. I have major psychotic fucking hatreds, okay". ~George Carlin

czb

i felt so bloated yesterday morning (too much chocolate matzoh friday night) that i did a hard AM spin class fasted. couldn't do that every day, but it was fine yesterday.
    CornFlakegrl and BITTER like this.

Well, at least it's in East TN and not here.... Or I guess if I was there I could stick to the crawfish and sausage and scoop out the corn and taters

My cousin's Easter crawfish boil.

What I'm eating now while waiting on my salmon and asparagus:

Last edited by MsDark; April 1st, 2018 at 05:16 PM.
    fgg, CornFlakegrl and Waterslide like this.

"I don't have pet peeves. I have major psychotic fucking hatreds, okay". ~George Carlin

I'm a sucker for asparagus and they're in season, so I have been eating them regularly. Shame about the pee, but I guess better than brussel sprouts (which I also love) gas. Er, love the sprouts, not the gas.

Asparagus pee only lasts me about one or two pees. Three tops.

And I'm single and unattached so I'm not sharing a bathroom with anyone.

So for the sake of eating something good for me that I actually like the taste of I can deal.

I love asparagus on the grill. Toss it in some olive oil and salt it then grill it up. I could eat that by the ton.

I made chicken tortilla soup today (it's rainy and miserably cold here). I passed on the tortilla crumble (bullshit!) but the soup was awesome. Family devoured it.
    if you're so incensed that you can't fly your penis in public take it up with your state, arrange a nude protest, go and be the rosa parks of cocks or something - witchcurlgirl

czb

^^^ so you've been steady with IF? good for you.

i did IF M-W of this week but could not do it today. too tired.
    CornFlakegrl likes this.

I'm on day 4 of OMAD and more hungry today than any other days. I will wait til my reg. eating time, but I'm going to have carbs because tonight is my Friday and a vodka with fresh squeezed lemon juice and some hummus is on my mind. And those wonderful looking chips Waterslide posted about in the Eating thread.

Waterslide likes this.

"A massive penis means never having to say you're sorry". Mo

Quote Originally Posted by czb View Post
    ^^^ so you've been steady with IF? good for you.

i did IF M-W of this week but could not do it today. too tired.
    Yeah. Down 10lbs overall.

I totally binged at Easter but still stayed inside the window of eating time. I find that I am getting a little loose with what I eat, knowing I probably won't gain. Funny how we sabotage. I only want to lose about 5 more pounds and I keep justifying the carbs by thinking hey, I don't have to be seen in a bathing suit for weeks and weeks.
    czb, fgg and Novice like this.
    if you're so incensed that you can't fly your penis in public take it up with your state, arrange a nude protest, go and be the rosa parks of cocks or something - witchcurlgirl

czb

10 pounds? awesome!

i haven't been doing low-carb but just IF for the past 2-3 weeks and am down 3 pounds. so not very much. but i am bad today. didn't do IF and had a LOT of chocolate.
    CornFlakegrl likes this.

13# down. No loss in several days but it is that time of the month and for once I have not gained anything during this time. So I suppose that's something. If by next week I'm not down at least another two, I'm almost wondering if an outlier meal with some carbs might jolt things back going again?

It's definitely not an excuse to cheat because I have not even been craving those foods. Which makes it annoying. What do y'all think?

Bear in mind that I started this thing with quite a bit of weight to lose. I'm short and could probably lose even more than what my goal is and not be "too skinny". Being short, I feel every single pound. Even having lost this has made me feel tons better.
    czb likes this.

That is tremendous Ms Dark. Congrats.

I have finally gone below 180 for the first time in years. I feel pretty damn happy about it. I rejoined my gym, but haven't gone once. lol. Maybe in another 10 pounds. My knee that used to kill me is not anymore. I have a lot more energy. Yay!
    Laurent and fgg like this.

"A massive penis means never having to say you're sorry". Mo

sprynkles, did you actually get a chance to try those chips? Did you like them?

Ms Dark, I am jealous of that crawfish boil. You can't get a decent crawfish for the world up here, so I'll live vicariously through that pic.

I have no real plans or diets or exercise things going on, but I lost 10 pounds from stress. This was from before all of what's going on now. My doctor was like, "Congrats, that's great!" and I'm like...I wasn't even trying, though. Fuck it, you take what you can get, right?

I have two gym memberships - a nice gym I can't afford and a cheap one I don't go to and I'll probably have to suspend both of them soon. The nice one has a warm water pool and a lap pool which is why I've been loath to let it go, not to mention all the classes and nice equipment and a track. The other one would be sufficient, but doesn't have any of that stuff.
    "AND WHEN YOU BECAME DENISE, I TOLD ALL YOUR COLLEAGUES, THOSE CLOWN COMICS, TO FIX THEIR HEARTS OR DIE."

Here's a guy from BBQGUYS.com doing a boil. Warning: live crawfish.

I like that he adds mushrooms.
    Waterslide likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by LameAnn View Post
    Back on the phentermine my gynecologist prescribed me. It cuts my sweet tooth and cravings completely. I started it in November, took half the dosage prescribed, lost weight quickly, but went off for the holidays. I will do it for a month to get back down.
    I went to a weight loss dr and managed to loose 35 lbs. but I have now moved and although I have some left I haven’t gone back on it.
    Quote Originally Posted by MohandasKGanja View Post
    I would like to have the discipline to not drink a shot of bourbon and eat a bowl of cereal after midnight.
    I hear you, I commute a long way so my days are long & that snacking just kills me

Quote Originally Posted by Lofty Bike View Post
    Oh my, weight. I've blown up to nearly 160 pounds by now, all in the chest and waist area, by now I'm wearing a 42D BH and still my waist it the biggest part of me. I have small arms and really good, slender legs, but I just can't with the weight. It's partly due to the hormone therapy, but not all, it's more that at 54, my energy is lower and I don't move as much as I always did. And I cannot seem to muster the enthusiasm needed for a diet. It's not that I don't care, it's more that I don't see myself losing as much weight as I should - and I don't want to go running or do any sport at all and that was certainly never a problem for me.
    Sigh! Motivational post, anyone?
    I am a member of a Facebook diet group and every day I see people losing amazing amounts of weight and some people losing it one pound at a time. Just as long as it is moving in that direction it’s all good.
    Me? I am stuck and I need to lose 60lbs.
    Female hormones are a bitch!

Quote Originally Posted by stella blue View Post
    OK, I am back from vacation, and today I am BACK ON TRACK, dammit!!!

I know some of it is water weight and (ahem) stuff that hasn't moved out yet, but I'm up 13 pounds since before the holidays. This is bullshit and I'm going to fix it right now.
    I read a really interesting article on fat cells retaining water for ages then letting it go.

I want to lose 60lbs. I have promised my bf that I will go to our high school reunion in September. He will be the smuggest man in the room. I do NOT want to be a fat lump!!!
    I work long hours and walk my dog, I can easy do 10000 steps every day (I no longer have an office job yea me!) but I eat the wrong things at the wrong time. Help??
    Free Charmed.

Page 10 of 16 FirstFirst ... 67891011121314 ... LastLast

Thread Information