Page 6 of 53 FirstFirst ... 234567891016 ... LastLast

Thread: Vlada Roslyakova is too skinny

Default Re: Vlada Roslyakova too skinny

I wonder where their parents are at. I would never ever let my daughter become an exploited model, living a lifestyle that would leave her very, very likely permanently sick for the rest of her life, both in her body and in her mind. And if their minds are not sickened, then they must get hardened beyond belief. Not to mention I dont really think that modelling is a job
    that should exist at all. It offers nothing positive and many negatives. If it stopped existing, I dont think there would be any negative repercussions at all in society. It only encourages people to use their bodies instead of their minds, and that is something I wouldnt want to do. I feel it would be degrading to the person I am.

Quote Originally Posted by sooThin
    these legs are skeletal Vladas are not
    SooThin I'm sorry, we see things in a very different way, I don't know what else to say.

I respect you for having exchanged your opinions with me in a very nice and polite way even if our minds are so different, but I really don't know what else to say.

Thumbs up polite

Thanks MaryJane for your friendly way to disagree.

sooThin

Default Re: very skinny but not too skinny

Quote Originally Posted by sooThin
    What disgusts me also, is that this is clearly a child, but she's made up to look like a grown woman for perverts to drool over. Especially the 2nd pic. Creepy.

She is not a child, she is 18.

Hi SooThin.

I think that this model has a pretty face, but she is VERY thin. I live in NYC, and there are a lot of models running around the downtown area. My acquaintance is a designer, and she had a model casting call for her show, and those models were THIN!

But Vlada is the thinnest I've ever seen, and to think that the camera adds 10 lbs...whoa Jesus. SooThin, have you ever seen a model close up, or next to you? They are usually INSANELT good looking, and petrifyingly thin. I mean, you can tell that without skin, the body would NOT stay in one piece. They are not the visions of health and beauty in real life.

She is 18, yet you can tell she is not even naturally that thin...her neck and it's stretched out tendons are screaming for mercy. My very thin friend who was healthy NEVER looked like this.

SooThin, I'm glad you like Vlada for her look and style, but I just hope you do not emulate her body. It has nothing to do with being a woman. Women are large and have curves....it is interesting that someone noted that most designers are gay men, and in turn designed with that type of body in mind.
    Talent Works, Genius Creates

I showed the Vlada pictures to my 10 yr old daughter, and she was horrified. I am relieved that she has a healthy self-image.
    Coffee is my happy drug

I know, she is soooo thin, i will never be able to. So i dont try.

Here some pics of her arms. Its true, they are incredably thin, even for a model.
    But somehow they are not bony. Still soft and sweet. Thats her secret.

her thin arms, covered by her hair, so sweet:

from aside

These are NOT photoshopped, they are from fashionstock and firstview.

Though she is borderline thin, she is not the thinnest:

I have to say that I am shocked. The pic w/ the blue dress is very scary. That is not something that anyone should aspire to be. I would bet that she lays in bed w/ many warm blankets dreaming about how nice it would be to be able to have a healthy relationship w/ food. She could easily gain 20 lbs. and look more beautiful and vibrant.

MUST show you this living skeleton (not Vlada):

sorry, i MUST show you these in original size

Vladas back is thin but you can see, her body is not extremel skinny:

soo thin I'm sorry but glamazon hit the nail RIGHT on the head the girl (Vlada) is sickly thin, In no way is her weight natural at all. Before u call me a jealous heffer - I'm not. This girl needs serious help

thanks Tenaj.

Again, SooThin, I mean you no disrespect. The girl is pretty...but are you looking at her in the photos you posted? she has bags under her eyes and a sallow look that comes from malnutrition. Perhaps this idoltry of thin comes with living in a country where food is plentiful, but it's not right. she has the same amount of skin and bones jutting out as the other model you posted.

I like models, I really do! my fave is Maggie Rizer and Christy Turlington. I also love the Vicki Secret models because they are curvier...I also understand that catwalkers must be thin in order for the clothes to hang, but the people they are marketing too aren't thin like that. I was that thin in high school, and I STILL wasn't that thin. I think the closest any one of us posters got to being that thin was around month 3 in the womb.

SooThin, I'm glad you think she's pretty (I can see that she has a pretty faccia), but even you yourself can see how unhealthy she looks. My fave celeb, Angelina Jolie, who is BEAUTIFUL, is too damn thin, and I can admit that.

I just hope there aren't girls out there trying to be like Vlada.she makes the enamel on my teeth cringe.
    Talent Works, Genius Creates

Someone PLEASE get this soooTHIn insane , pro-anorexic lover OUT of this forum.......its just DISTURBING and making me ANGRY! THE GIRL IS SKELETAL....
    If the mind, that rules the body, ever so far forgets itself as to trample on its slave, the slave is never generous enough to forgive the injury, but will rise and smite the oppressor. ~Henry Wadsworth Longfellow

Alright everybody calm down, I don't any insults being thrown around here. Let's be cool about this.

Now soothin as a personal trainer, I work with both men and women when it comes to excersie and fitness. Now I dunno about Vlada's life or maintenace obviously, but anyone will tell ya that having your back bones and half your spine sticking out is not healthy, for a man or woman. I see that ya think Vlada is beautiful (and to an extent she is) but still comapred to a healthy average in weight she is way below that average is looks like she's vomited in too many toilets.

Dunno about fashion or anything, but I think models who have more curvy figures or hell even petit-but-not-bony figures are the best models out there. Giselle and Naomi Campbell are what comes to mind in terms of sexy, healthy looking models. And Vlada just does'nt look healthy.

sooThin, you dont think the pics of this Vlada person from the back look just as scary and disconcerting as the first girl whose pic you posted? Because those shoulder bones are creeping me out. Looks like she has extra appendices growing out of her back. I can appreciate quirky and different beauty, big noses, thin lips, as long as there is something there that shows personality. I truly do. But I can never agree that someone who is obviously sick looks remotely good. It only evokes pity in me.

Page 6 of 53 FirstFirst ... 234567891016 ... LastLast

Thread Information