Page 38 of 53 FirstFirst ... 2834353637383940414248 ... LastLast

Thread: Vlada Roslyakova is too skinny

The picture where two people are holding her hands seems to be to hold her up and keep her from falling over from dizziness/malnutrition. Seriously, this is sick. SOMEONE get her help! These pics scare the crap out of me.

Quote Originally Posted by sooThin View Post
    Can you imagine somebody looking sweeter in this sweet dresses than Vlada at her very thinnest ??

Oh, my, such a beautiful face, but what what an emaciated body. Why doesn't somebody get her some help? Where is her family?

Hit By Ban Bus! AliceInWonderland's Avatar

^ Yikes she is seriously scaring the shit outta me!

and btw who in their right mind would ever want to fuck that for fear of splintering her in two!
    Her fucking chest looks like a xylophone!

Quote Originally Posted by puddinchat View Post
    I got involved in this thread and since I post elsewhere (other forums) I've not had much time to explore. This thread caught my attention.

I can understand people not being drawn to certain body types. That's personal opinion and taste. What I don't understand is insisting that skinny girls are bulemic or anorexic based on photos (or in person) with no facts. It's the opposite of assuming that anyone "seen" as overweight just can't stop eating. More often than not, it's genetic. It's ok to say skinny girls are starving themselves but NOT ok to say anyone eats too much. Why is that? It's considered insensitive to be insulting if someone is overweight but ok to cry "anorexic"!. As someone pointed out above, it's unkind to bully anyone because of their appearance. Why is it acceptable to accuse someone of being anorexic?
    There is a difference between people who are naturally thin and people who are unnaturally thin. There are telling differences. My best friend in High school( a guy) was over six feet tall and only about 125 pounds. He looked thin, but healthy. He was genetically programmed to be that weight, and while looking thin, he looked healthy, did not look emaciated, did not have bones protruding, did not lack luster and color, did not have 'the starvation' look, etc. You very often CAN tell the difference between people who are naturally thin, and people who are unnaturally thin. People are saying this chick looks UNNATURALLY thin. I have been anorexic(and yeah I am a guy) and it nearly killed me-trust me I can tell the look.

I will say I would never make a negative comment to someone about their personal appearance, and my sympathies to anyone who has had to endure those type of comments(98 % of us probably). I think the reason this chick is being pointed out is because people think she is unnaturally and thin in an unhealthy way for whatever reason(illness, anorexia, etc.). I really think most people would not comment on someone who was thin and looked healthy and appropriately thin. There are many giveaways when people are unnaturally underweight for their body and genetics. It is the 'unnatural thin look' that people are upset by(for the most part I think..as I have not been able to read the whole sad havoc that is this thread.)
    Don't slap me, cause I'm not in the mood!

I just think it's awful that possibly she's surrounded by blood-sucking leeches who don't care about her, just want to make money off her, while her parents may be hundreds of miles away and unable to help her.

back to beautiful Vlada, looking very hot here, temperley s06:

Those chest bones showing gives it away-she is NOT meant to be naturally THAT thin or her chest would not look like that. She appears to be a woman who is naturally thin but who has taken it too far.

Quote Originally Posted by Lani View Post
    There is nothing beautiful or sexy about watching someone kill themselves. THe runway seems to be becoming a spectator sport in death. I dont know how people can sit in the audience and let these girls ruin their lives like this. Even if she were to gain some weight back I cant imagine that her body will ever really recover. People who find inspiration in this image really need to seek out some kind of help because I find that girls who need thinspiration and motivation to be anorexic arent really ana, but more attention seeking little try hards hoping and praying that someone will 'take care of them'.

And the fact that they try so hard to be sick is just horrible. If only I could shake the little girls in here who keep trying to convince themselves that these images are so hot and then kick their arses. Because, honestly, you girls do NOT know what its like to be that thin, to have your lifeput on hold, to be so malnourished that all you can really do is read books for half an hour, sleep, watch tv, wander around in a daze, go to doctor after doctor appointment, have to take so much medication that you rattle, that you cry so much that your eyes become bloodshot, to have your liver stop functioning normal, to wake up with your heart racing and thumping so hard you think you're dying...

For fucks sake, There is nothing beautiful in starvation - NOTHING.
    Very well said Lani..and sorry about what has happened. Just hang in there OK? And you are so right-there is nothing beautiful about starvation. A disease is never something to aspire to.

Can you imagine somebody looking sweeter in this sweet dresses than Vlada at her very thinnest ??

She does not look ugly here..she just looks underweight and malnourished. Factual observations I think rather than judgemental ones like ugly, sticklike, skeleton, etc. She looks to me like a very pretty girl who is quite a bit underweight even though she looks to me to be someone who would be fairly thin naturally. She looks like a sweet unhealthy underweight woman.

Quote Originally Posted by UndercoverGator View Post
    That's okay Moomies. Both the poster and the model will be dead soon if they keep on with the 'thinspiration' Your body cannot keep running without any fuel very long.
    You would be amazed at how long some of these people can extend this thing. Some can actually go decades like this. I know the mortality rate is about 25%. There is nothing so horrifying than seeing a 50 year old woman, who has had anorexia for 30 some years, and who is 5 foot six, and 67 pounds. Just think mummy.

Her eyes just look sad...like all of the pictures of her, whether shes smiling or not, her eyes just look really sad...its bumming me out

Quote Originally Posted by Sojiita View Post
    There is a difference between people who are naturally thin and people who are unnaturally thin. There are telling differences. My best friend in High school( a guy) was over six feet tall and only about 125 pounds. He looked thin, but healthy. He was genetically programmed to be that weight, and while looking thin, he looked healthy, did not look emaciated, did not have bones protruding, did not lack luster and color, did not have 'the starvation' look, etc. You very often CAN tell the difference between people who are naturally thin, and people who are unnaturally thin. People are saying this chick looks UNNATURALLY thin. I have been anorexic(and yeah I am a guy) and it nearly killed me-trust me I can tell the look.

I will say I would never make a negative comment to someone about their personal appearance, and my sympathies to anyone who has had to endure those type of comments(98 % of us probably). I think the reason this chick is being pointed out is because people think she is unnaturally and thin in an unhealthy way for whatever reason(illness, anorexia, etc.). I really think most people would not comment on someone who was thin and looked healthy and appropriately thin. There are many giveaways when people are unnaturally underweight for their body and genetics. It is the 'unnatural thin look' that people are upset by(for the most part I think..as I have not been able to read the whole sad havoc that is this thread.)
    Very well said! Kate Hudson, for example, is extremely skinny but I don't think about it because she looks very healthy. You can tell that she's genetically that way. No problem here. But this girl is very unhealthy, its obvious she's not this way genetically.

Quote Originally Posted by Lani View Post
    I dont know what the topic is in this thread anymore but let me just say, to thoes who think that that model is hot and sexy because of her bones:

my cousin, last night, just deid from the after effects of various eating disorders. There is nothing right about anorexia. There is nothing natural about being below your healthy weight range. The health issues that surround being too thin is staggering. Its something I'm fighting back from. Its the same as being over weight and Over eating. all these are an eating disorder of some description. Its not fun. Its not living.
    Lani, I am so sorry. My condolences.
    Coffee is my happy drug

Silver Member

Quote Originally Posted by NoDayButToday View Post
    This is the reason why thesauruses (thesauri? ) are not good sources of synonyms. Every word in the English language has commonly attributed connotations. No word means exactly the same as any other word b/c of those connotations. The word chubby DOES have commonly attributed negative connotations, you can't just pick a word out of a thesaurus and think that it means exactly the same as any other word or is free of connotation. WickedHo is using the commonly accepted connotations of chubby, not any created by herself.
    A word is a word. It is neutral. The commonly accepted connotations of a word are created by the people who use them, be they positive or negative. On the flipside 'chubby', as well as 'fat' also have positive connotations, again depending on who is using them. There is no one way to view a word. My use of the word chubby was neither positive or negative (nope, that was projected onto it by someone else), it was just a descriptive term, a relevant one considering this thread is about weight.

Silver Member

Quote Originally Posted by WickedHo View Post
    "Overweight" and "underweight" are the only two explicitly descriptive terms that can be used objectively. "Fat" and "skinny" are SUBJECTIVE terms. PERIOD. So calling someone "fat" or "skinny" or IS A JUDGEMENT BASED ON HIS OR HER PHYSICAL APPEARANCE. Period. End of story. No matter how much we may bandy such phrases about ("She's fat!" "He's skinny!"), it does not change the fact that "fat" and "skinny" are SUBJECTIVE terms used to describe a person's physical appearance.
    I used the word 'chubby' as a description. No where did i mention them being subjective or objective terms, as that is frankly besides the point. I did not use 'chubby' as an insult, just a term. It's not my fault or my problem that you would have preferred me to be more clinical.

Quote Originally Posted by Charlotte View Post
    A word is a word. It is neutral. The commonly accepted connotations of a word are created by the people who use them, be they positive or negative. On the flipside 'chubby', as well as 'fat' also have positive connotations, again depending on who is using them. There is no one way to view a word. My use of the word chubby was neither positive or negative (nope, that was projected onto it by someone else), it was just a descriptive term, a relevant one considering this thread is about weight.
    Connotation adds to the meaning of a word, those connotations are attached, they are inseparable only changing over long periods of time. Words are never neutral in meaning.

Thread Information