Page 32 of 53 FirstFirst ... 2228293031323334353642 ... LastLast

Thread: Vlada Roslyakova is too skinny

pretending to be a lurker but I'm not quiet enough

Quote Originally Posted by moomies View Post
    Didn't I already say that posters are basing their opinions on the PHOTOS posted? People see healthy vs unhealthy people, fat vs skinny people everyday. And let's keep this thread ON TOPIC, we are talking about a model here not about puddingchat or Oubliette.

If you think it's crazy, you ain't seen a thing. Just wait until we're goin down in flames.

Bronze Member

Quote Originally Posted by twitchy View Post
    Curious. Why this thread? Why no other threads? What is it about this thread that needs to have stereotypes broken? What do you see as the "stereotypes" surrounding "skinny girls issues"? What "closely held beliefs" do people need to let go? How is it open season on "the skinnies"?
    I got involved in this thread and since I post elsewhere (other forums) I've not had much time to explore. This thread caught my attention.

I can understand people not being drawn to certain body types. That's personal opinion and taste. What I don't understand is insisting that skinny girls are bulemic or anorexic based on photos (or in person) with no facts. It's the opposite of assuming that anyone "seen" as overweight just can't stop eating. More often than not, it's genetic. It's ok to say skinny girls are starving themselves but NOT ok to say anyone eats too much. Why is that? It's considered insensitive to be insulting if someone is overweight but ok to cry "anorexic"!. As someone pointed out above, it's unkind to bully anyone because of their appearance. Why is it acceptable to accuse someone of being anorexic?

Bronze Member

Quote Originally Posted by moomies View Post
    Do you want me to stop responding? Am I doing something wrong?

Silver Member

If you check threads on Anna Nicole Smith and Kirstie Alley, etc and so on..." Put down the pork chop" is a common sentiment.
    http://dorkdejour.blogspot.com Just Pimpin my Podcast!!

Elite Member

I dont know what the topic is in this thread anymore but let me just say, to thoes who think that that model is hot and sexy because of her bones:

my cousin, last night, just deid from the after effects of various eating disorders. There is nothing right about anorexia. There is nothing natural about being below your healthy weight range. The health issues that surround being too thin is staggering. Its something I'm fighting back from. Its the same as being over weight and Over eating. all these are an eating disorder of some description. Its not fun. Its not living.
    "Don't think that sticking your boobs out and trying to look fuckable will help. Remember your in a rock and roll band. It's not "Fuck Me", It's "Fuck You!"
    Chrissie Hynde

Silver Member

Oh Lani I am so sorry...
    http://dorkdejour.blogspot.com Just Pimpin my Podcast!!

Elite Member

thanks Mg. Now I just have to make sure her life, her struggle and her fight isnt wasted by letting the same ilness claim me too.
    "Don't think that sticking your boobs out and trying to look fuckable will help. Remember your in a rock and roll band. It's not "Fuck Me", It's "Fuck You!"
    Chrissie Hynde

Quote Originally Posted by puddinchat View Post
    Because I've heard all my life the same statements. Since no one on this board has any personal knowledge of the model, it's all speculation and opinion. My point simply was that. A lot of insults based on nothing.
    Goddammit. The fucking insults are based on VLADA'S PICTURES!!!!! Clearly, she's malnourished. Clearly, she is not at her natural weight. Clearly, you have a problem getting past your own personal issues to see what is right in front of you. I'll bet people have to look like death incarnate for you to suspect there's something wrong with them.

Let's say that Oubliette and I are actually telling the truth. And that you're wrong. Do you care that you've wounded someone that was trying to share another perspective? Or do you just enjoy trashing people and to heck with hurting others.
    Stick around, newbie, and maybe oneday you'll have the priviledge of figuring me out and basking in all the gloriousness that is WickedHo.

Quote Originally Posted by JuicyLucy View Post
    I'm a size 0 and my arms and wrists don't look nearly so boney, scrawny and lanky. So what is she, non existent? I hope her and Kate Moss don't fall in any cracks. But then again, look at Angelina Jolie's arms and she's not 'tiny'.
    Her arms were FREAKING ME THE HELL OUT when I saw her on the Golden Globes. What the hell's going on with her???!? It's frightening. She has no muscle tone. None.

This thread is a perfect study in rude stereotyping.
    Quote Originally Posted by WickedHo View Post
    And delusion.
    You're a delusion?
    *sigh* The insinuation was clear: This thread is a perfect study in delusion. Meaning: Some of you are clearly deluded if you have zero concerns whatsoever about Vlada's health and well-being.

Quote Originally Posted by Oubliette View Post
    I'm sorry you find it easier to believe that. It would actually be easier for
    me if none of those things ever happened. The old wounds wouldn't hurt as
    they wouldn't be there in the first place. I always refrain from making
    comments about any persons weight as I know how it hurts. Due to my
    personal experiences I've seen the words "anorexia", "bulimia" & simply
    "eating disorder" thrown around so freely I am loathe to pin such a thing on
    anyone else. I'd be surprised if there's a "thinsult" I haven't heard yet. One
    of my classmates loved to tell me I'd disappear if I turned sideways & how
    it'd make playing "hide & seek" very easy for me. I can see that you can't
    possibly understand though. If you could, you wouldn't be so quick to make
    yourself feel better by believing I never went through any of it.
    We all have pain. You are not unique. Yeah, it sucks what you went thru, but every single poster on this board has suffered cruelty. So I'm not going to cut you any slack. Sorry.

And if your experiences are factual, I hope you're able to transcend them some day, because your pain is affecting your sense of logic: Vlada's unhealthy. Period.

These are any skinny girls issues when faced with the typical stereotyping. Again, if I was defending the "Big & Beautiful" model body type, would you be saying the same things? Probably not as it is no longer acceptable. But as you've proved, it's open season on the skinnies.

I related my personal experiences in order to try to change ideas. But I see that some stereotypes are too ingrained to be questioned.
    Jesus Christ, piss off already. Once again....This thread is about a particular model who looks like shit because she's waaaay too thin and it looks unnatural...as in something she works to keep, not correct or see herself as a helpless victim of.

There are a plethora of other threads on here about actual celebrities where the women in question are chubby/fat or have gained weight compared to how they used to look. If it looks like it's reached unhealthy proportions (i.e. Aretha, for ex) members of this board are gonna comment and critique just as much, if not more so than some skinny bitch who is basically a nobody outside the catwalk. The only reason this particular thread is as long as it is is due to:

#1. SoThin and a couple others (probably the same person with multiple names) who worship this particular chick or anyone unnaturally thin, especially if they look like death walking

#2. Chicks who claim to be as thin as this broad who take it personally because people think SHE looks like shit. Chicks who in reality are probably not even anywhere near as thin as this broad and for all their pissing and moaning about being "picked on" in life by some "bitter jealous fatties" seem to actually revel in that attention and being the victim.

Even NOT taking into account the critical threads about women who would fall into the "BBW" or clinically obese category (and make no mistake there are plenty of those!) there are waaaay more threads criticizing average weight celeb women who have just put on a few pounds, look "fat" because they haven't lost their baby weight, or are wearing clothing that is inappropriate for their size/bodytype that makes them look fat. Just trying to give you some much-needed perspective here if you can see past your own issues.
    My Posts Have Won Awards. Can Any Of You Claim The Same? -ur_next_ex

"I don't have pet peeves. I have major psychotic fucking hatreds, okay". ~George Carlin

Quote Originally Posted by WickedHo View Post
    Stick around, newbie, and maybe oneday you'll have the priviledge of figuring me out and basking in all the gloriousness that is WickedHo.
    I luv you Wicked.
    My Posts Have Won Awards. Can Any Of You Claim The Same? -ur_next_ex

"I don't have pet peeves. I have major psychotic fucking hatreds, okay". ~George Carlin

Its not just the fact that she's extremely skinny (she is) but that she looks incredibly unhealthy - much like she has jaundice, her eyes are shrunk back in her head (hidden by the huge bags under her eyes), her arms look like sticks...

I can't even believe that someone would compliment her face. Her looks are quite disturbing. I know models are notorious drug users, but she looks really awful.

Thread Information