Page 30 of 53 FirstFirst ... 2026272829303132333440 ... LastLast

Thread: Vlada Roslyakova is too skinny

Bronze Member

Quote Originally Posted by WickedHo View Post
    And delusion.
    You're a delusion?

Quote Originally Posted by puddinchat View Post
    A lot of insults based on nothing.
    Not nothing. Based on the fact that she looks like a walking corpse. It's so sad that she seems to have nobody in her life willing to tell her how unhealthy she looks. Like death warmed over and crammed in a frock.

"The howling backwoods that is IMDB is where film criticism goes to die (and then have its corpse gang-raped, called a racist, and accused of supporting Al-Qaeda)" ----Sean O'Neal, The Onion AV Club

Bronze Member

Oh, shut up. It's obvious Vlada is starving. THAT IS NOT HER NATURAL WEIGHT. You, Oubliette, might be naturally giraffe-like, but Vlada isn't. Recognize that, and get the fuck over it.

I'll say this: I kinda think you're lying. Especially since you've said nothing about your mom's (and your) metabolism. You have a lot of details about your mom and Sammy, but not one mention about any actual tests your mom's doctor (or your own doctor) have performed to determine why you're rail thin.

So STFU and stop defending Vlada. The bitch needs to fucking eat.
    This is funny. How long have you been "practicing" medicine? Little girls that think they know everything usually don't.

pretending to be a lurker but I'm not quiet enough

Didn't I already say that posters are basing their opinions on the PHOTOS posted? People see healthy vs unhealthy people, fat vs skinny people everyday. And let's keep this thread ON TOPIC, we are talking about a model here not about puddingchat or Oubliette.

If you think it's crazy, you ain't seen a thing. Just wait until we're goin down in flames.

Bronze Member

Quote Originally Posted by MgMMD View Post
    Ok Puddin I will concede to what you are saying. I just hope you are as kind to people who are naturally larger. Deal?
    Oddly, my oldest son has always loved larger girls. They have NEVER been insulted by me because of my experiences. My D-i-L is larger and I love her dearly. Her Mom insults her all the time but knows better than to do it in front of me.

Silver Member

Quote Originally Posted by puddinchat View Post
    Oddly, my oldest son has always loved larger girls. They have NEVER been insulted by me because of my experiences. My D-i-L is larger and I love her dearly. Her Mom insults her all the time but knows better than to do it in front of me.
    My MIL and SIL were petite when my husband and I started dating. I found that odd since I am built like an NFL line backer. I am a size 6/8 but my shoulders are super broad. My brother also like bigger girls. Well he likes big boobs...especially on short girls. Go figure.
    http://dorkdejour.blogspot.com Just Pimpin my Podcast!!

Bronze Member

Talking

Quote Originally Posted by MgMMD View Post
    My MIL and SIL were petite when my husband and I started dating. I found that odd since I am built like an NFL line backer. I am a size 6/8 but my shoulders are super broad. My brother also like bigger girls. Well he likes big boobs...especially on short girls. Go figure.
    I never thought it odd that he tended to like larger girls. They were his ideal. One Sunday, a rather large friend had something to say about sons choice of girlfriends and it was the last time he ventured an opinion.

Bronze Member

*cough* She's full of lies. *cough*
    Let's say that Oubliette and I are actually telling the truth. And that you're wrong. Do you care that you've wounded someone that was trying to share another perspective? Or do you just enjoy trashing people and to heck with hurting others.

Quote Originally Posted by MrsDark View Post
    Smallboned here and my wrists measure 5&3/4 inches too but even when I WAS younger and much tinier (particularly in the upper body...small upper body vs lower was one of the first reasons I started working out with weights at 19) my arms did NOT look like that! That is not normal, period.
    Thank you!
    It's disgusting is what it is.
    Dont Feed The Models
    JuicyLucy

I'm a size 0 and my arms and wrists don't look nearly so boney, scrawny and lanky. So what is she, non existent? I hope her and Kate Moss don't fall in any cracks. But then again, look at Angelina Jolie's arms and she's not 'tiny'.
    Dont Feed The Models
    JuicyLucy

Bronze Member

*cough* She's full of lies. *cough*
    I'm sorry you find it easier to believe that. It would actually be easier for
    me if none of those things ever happened. The old wounds wouldn't hurt as
    they wouldn't be there in the first place. I always refrain from making
    comments about any persons weight as I know how it hurts. Due to my
    personal experiences I've seen the words "anorexia", "bulimia" & simply
    "eating disorder" thrown around so freely I am loathe to pin such a thing on
    anyone else. I'd be surprised if there's a "thinsult" I haven't heard yet. One
    of my classmates loved to tell me I'd disappear if I turned sideways & how
    it'd make playing "hide & seek" very easy for me. I can see that you can't
    possibly understand though. If you could, you wouldn't be so quick to make
    yourself feel better by believing I never went through any of it.

Bronze Member

Quote Originally Posted by MrsDark View Post
    WHOA there take it easy. I wasn't putting down your genetics. I'm allowed to share and have an opinion too, which is what I did and I don't think I was being rude or insulting to you personally at all. If you had arms that looked naturally like this Vlada chick's then fine, whatever. But it's not only just because you're smallboned. Most healthy adult people just do not have arms that look like that, period.
    Unfortunately, I did. Finding clothes was always a nightmare. And comments from strangers trying to "help" was miserable. My arms are a little rounder now that I'm older. I cringe when someone says "You're so tiny". But I'm not bony enough anymore and my hips are, um, wider so I don't hear the nastiness that I used to. The hardest was being told that I had a problem and was in denial. It didn't matter that my siblings looked just like me. It didn't matter WHAT I said, I was in DENIAL. I was anorexic or bulemic or I needed to talk to my doctor or get a new one. You sigh and walk away and try VERY hard NOT to be near that person (or persons) again.

Quote Originally Posted by Oubliette View Post
    A ballerina must be lithe & thin. If she has big thighs & calves, she usually
    doesn't dance very well. Danseurs can have large thigh & calf muscles
    though. Then again, they're the ones who need such muscles.

Eh, various ballerinas. The only danseur I like is Baryshnikov.

Gillian Murphy
    http://balletbookstore.com/ballerina/pic/murphy03.jpg

Sofiane Sylve
    http://balletbookstore.com/ballerina/pic/sylve06.jpg

Maya Plisetskaya
    http://balletbookstore.com/ballerina/pic/pliset03.jpg

Svetlana Zakharova
    http://balletbookstore.com/ballerina/pic/zakha03.jpg

http://balletbookstore.com/ballerina/pic/zakha09.jpg

http://balletbookstore.com/ballerina/pic/zakha02.jpg

Altynai Asylmuratova
    http://balletbookstore.com/ballerina/pic/asylmu06.jpg

http://balletbookstore.com/ballerina/pic/asylmu04.jpg

Dame Margot Fonteyn
    http://balletbookstore.com/ballerina/pic/fonte04.jpg

Look at those elbows. In some pics you can see ribs. My whole point was
    there happens to be too much stereotyping. Not everyone who is thin has
    something wrong with them.

Anyway, this is off topic.
    Forget their arms, look at their LEGS. They're thick and sturdy looking (compared to the rest of their bodies), their thighs are larger than their calves, and omg they even have MUSCLE sticking out. Proof that you can be thin and waif-like and still have muscle tone...like most healthy ballerinas do. Vlada however, has no muscle tone...theres the difference. Not everyone who is thin has something wrong with them, but generally if they're thin, look sickly, have no muscle and have lost most of their coloring THERE'S SOMETHING WRONG WITH THEM.

I defy you to go to a professional ballet and watch the dancers and then tell me they look the same as vlada does...

Silver Member

She's thin. She may have an eating disorder, or she may not. I think Oubliette is right to be cautious. The terms 'anorexia' and 'bulimia' get thrown around too readily and are often applied to people who don't fit the criteria.

Vlada does look very sickly in the photos, but that may be to do with runway make up. I went to a show with a friend of mine a couple of years back and all the girls were made up in the 'heroin chic' way - deathly white skin, dark eyes, the purpose being to accentuate that 'sick' look. I'm not denying the fact that the fashion industry is fucked up when it comes to weight, but labelling every thin model as 'not a real woman', or 'anorexic and at death's door' is unfair imo.

Oubliette:
    I really understand where you're coming from. I'm naturally very skinny and small boned, yet i'm 5'7 so that made my thin-ness 'stand out' more. I'm athletic and my weight suited my body type so i didn't look sickly or out of proportion in any way. My school experience was very similar - often had teachers writing home with thinly veiled threats to my parents. And funnily enough it was always the chubby ones who gave me hell for it.

isnt she a real beauty as thin as she is ??

Thread Information