Page 28 of 53 FirstFirst ... 1824252627282930313238 ... LastLast

Thread: Vlada Roslyakova is too skinny

Quote Originally Posted by NawdleZouss View Post
    Er, no they don't. Coming from someone who's been in ballet nearly all her life (sadly, all the time spent there didn't do any good, as I still can't dance for shit), it's pretty safe to say that someone who looked like this would not be able to dance. All dancers, especially ballerinas have to be very strong, very fit; follow a healthy diet, and have good muscle tone. Sure, there are a lot of dancers out there with eating disorders, but that just makes for someone who won't be able to dance really soon.
    Agree. I know alot of dancers, who very very thin, are not gross thin. They are just thin with nice muscle. It looks totally different.

Bronze Member

Quote Originally Posted by NawdleZouss View Post
    Er, no they don't. Coming from someone who's been in ballet nearly all her life (sadly, all the time spent there didn't do any good, as I still can't dance for shit), it's pretty safe to say that someone who looked like this would not be able to dance. All dancers, especially ballerinas have to be very strong, very fit; follow a healthy diet, and have good muscle tone. Sure, there are a lot of dancers out there with eating disorders, but that just makes for someone who won't be able to dance really soon.
    A ballerina must be lithe & thin. If she has big thighs & calves, she usually
    doesn't dance very well. Danseurs can have large thigh & calf muscles
    though. Then again, they're the ones who need such muscles.

Eh, various ballerinas. The only danseur I like is Baryshnikov.

Gillian Murphy
    http://balletbookstore.com/ballerina/pic/murphy03.jpg

Sofiane Sylve
    http://balletbookstore.com/ballerina/pic/sylve06.jpg

Maya Plisetskaya
    http://balletbookstore.com/ballerina/pic/pliset03.jpg

Svetlana Zakharova
    http://balletbookstore.com/ballerina/pic/zakha03.jpg

http://balletbookstore.com/ballerina/pic/zakha09.jpg

http://balletbookstore.com/ballerina/pic/zakha02.jpg

Altynai Asylmuratova
    http://balletbookstore.com/ballerina/pic/asylmu06.jpg

http://balletbookstore.com/ballerina/pic/asylmu04.jpg

Dame Margot Fonteyn
    http://balletbookstore.com/ballerina/pic/fonte04.jpg

Look at those elbows. In some pics you can see ribs. My whole point was
    there happens to be too much stereotyping. Not everyone who is thin has
    something wrong with them.

Anyway, this is off topic.

Silver Member

My mom was 5'3 98lbs and ate like a truck driver. Until she hit 45.
    She was not bony in the LEAST. She was just naturally tiny and never looked " Off".
    She look like she belonged at that weight.
    I suffered from an eating disorder, and when I got very thin you could see bones and weirdness everywhere, and I was 115lbs.

You sound very critical of weight and unnaturally obsessed.

Oh and if don't think DANSUERS with big muscular calves and thighs can't dance then you know shit about Harlem Dance Company or Alvin Aliey Dance Company.
    http://dorkdejour.blogspot.com Just Pimpin my Podcast!!

To be fair, if she truly has had lifelong difficulty with keeping weight on, and people have constantly given her a hard time about it, I understand why it would drive a person to be obsessed with the issue. Hell, I feel like I am obsessed with it, myself, and I've never been seriously over or underweight.
    "I've cautiously embraced jeggings"
    Emma Peel aka Pacific Breeze aka Wilde1 aka gogodancer aka maribou

Yip, yip, yip in your tiny indignation. Bark furiously on, lady dog.

Bronze Member

Quote Originally Posted by MgMMD View Post
    My mom was 5'3 98lbs and ate like a truck driver. Until she hit 45.
    She was not bony in the LEAST. She was just naturally tiny and never looked " Off".
    She look like she belonged at that weight.
    I suffered from an eating disorder, and when I got very thin you could see bones and weirdness everywhere, and I was 115lbs.

You sound very critical of weight and unnaturally obsessed.

Oh and if don't think DANSUERS with big muscular calves and thighs can't dance then you know shit about Harlem Dance Company or Alvin Aliey Dance Company.
    The poster that I think you are addressing is thin and tired of being ragged on for it.

And danseurs are a ballerinas male counterpart. They are very muscular. Which was the point being made.

pretending to be a lurker but I'm not quiet enough

It's simple, everyone just be healthy!!!!!!!!!! No underweight or overweight, be healthy damn it!

To be honest I don't like seeing these pics that get posted over and over and over and over and over and over of the same person, she looks the same to me before after or whenever or whether photoshopped or not. It's disturbing to look at any which way, I'm sorry!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Ok

If you think it's crazy, you ain't seen a thing. Just wait until we're goin down in flames.

Her arms officially freak me out.
    Where is this normal?
    I mean, besides in a land of poverty.
    I'd rather see Giselle anyday, thankyou.
    Dont Feed The Models
    JuicyLucy

Bronze Member

Quote Originally Posted by JuicyLucy View Post
    Her arms officially freak me out.
    Where is this normal?
    My family. It's normal in my family. I have a wrist that measures 5 and a half inches. That's bigger than when I was in my 20's and 30's. But my wedding rings are still a 4. And they fit. I've never worn bracelets because they fall off. My genetic makeup has "upset" quite a few people. So her looks aren't to your taste. That dosen't mean that there's anything "wrong" with her.

I do realize that there are very skinny people who just are that way naturally, it is all fine with me. I don't think that every model has an eating disorder.

However, I think that the model in question looks unhealthy weight aside. Sallow skin, always huge bags under her eyes, on some pics it looks like she has thinning hair.

I don't want to discriminate very skinny people - it's just that Roslyakova looks sick, and the designers seem to like that look, since she is in a lot of shows. I don't think sickness should be portrayed as beauty. And I do think that a model, who's capital is her face/ body should look like she takes care of herself and not like a strung-out drug addict.

Quote Originally Posted by puddinchat View Post
    My family. It's normal in my family. I have a wrist that measures 5 and a half inches. That's bigger than when I was in my 20's and 30's. But my wedding rings are still a 4. And they fit. I've never worn bracelets because they fall off. My genetic makeup has "upset" quite a few people. So her looks aren't to your taste. That dosen't mean that there's anything "wrong" with her.
    Smallboned here and my wrists measure 5&3/4 inches too but even when I WAS younger and much tinier (particularly in the upper body...small upper body vs lower was one of the first reasons I started working out with weights at 19) my arms did NOT look like that! That is not normal, period.
    My Posts Have Won Awards. Can Any Of You Claim The Same? -ur_next_ex

"I don't have pet peeves. I have major psychotic fucking hatreds, okay". ~George Carlin

Silver Member

What I was trying to say in my post is that my mother was naturally very thin, as is is my husband. Neither of them look bony, they look like they belong at the weight. Naturally thin people don't look " off". Just as poor large framed me, looked like I was ready to die at 115. I looked horribly boney and weird.

Bronze Member

Quote Originally Posted by MrsDark View Post
    Smallboned here and my wrists measure 5&3/4 inches too but even when I WAS younger and much tinier (particularly in the upper body...small upper body vs lower was one of the first reasons I started working out with weights at 19) my arms did NOT look like that! That is not normal, period.
    My arms did look like that. For years. And I HATED what I looked like beacuse of opinions like yours and the rude people who just HAD to "share". Why do you think that you get to say that there's something wrong with my genetics? And that I was abnormal? Menopause and a couple of children later and I've FINALLY hit 115lbs. Are overweight families always abnormal? Do you make the same insulting remarks about them? Do you know what their genetics are or do you just assume all the stereotypes are true? This thread is a perfect study in rude stereotyping.

Bronze Member

Quote Originally Posted by MgMMD View Post
    What I was trying to say in my post is that my mother was naturally very thin, as is is my husband. Neither of them look bony, they look like they belong at the weight. Naturally thin people don't look " off". Just as poor large framed me, looked like I was ready to die at 115. I looked horribly boney and weird.
    My gene pool isn't the same and you're making baseless assumptions. I have very tiny bones and I looked bony. When I FINALLY gained weght, it settled in certain "spots" because I was older. My arms and chest bones are still "bony".

Go back and look at the ballerina pics. Bony elbows and ribs. Is there something wrong with them too. Because THEY don't look the way you believe they should?

Not everyone is the same. How boring if they were.

Silver Member

Quote Originally Posted by puddinchat View Post
    My gene pool isn't the same and you're making baseless assumptions. I have very tiny bones and I looked bony. When I FINALLY gained weght, it settled in certain "spots" because I was older. My arms and chest bones are still "bony".

Go back and look at the ballerina pics. Bony elbows and ribs. Is there something wrong with them too. Because THEY don't look the way you believe they should?

Not everyone is the same. How boring if they were.

Ok Puddin I will concede to what you are saying. I just hope you are as kind to people who are naturally larger. Deal?

Quote Originally Posted by Lobelia View Post
    She looks like she's got one foot in the hospital.
    And the other in the grave.

Thread Information