Page 26 of 53 FirstFirst ... 1622232425262728293036 ... LastLast

Thread: Vlada Roslyakova is too skinny

HQ Pics from Prada s07 show:

(Please study)

She is still thin but not longer THAT hyperskinny, as she was.

She looks like she's got one foot in the hospital.
    "I've cautiously embraced jeggings"
    Emma Peel aka Pacific Breeze aka Wilde1 aka gogodancer aka maribou

Yip, yip, yip in your tiny indignation. Bark furiously on, lady dog.

Quote Originally Posted by sooThin View Post

(Please study)

You are dillusional.
    If the mind, that rules the body, ever so far forgets itself as to trample on its slave, the slave is never generous enough to forgive the injury, but will rise and smite the oppressor. ~Henry Wadsworth Longfellow

I have heard somewhere that fashon designer want models to be as thin as possible, because they want clothes to look close to how they look when they are hanged on a cloth hanger. In fact, the traditional name of models is "Mannequin".

She looks miserable. Like she's about ready to pass out or something

I guess I just find it extremely off-putting that people worship runway models. As a rule, runway models are freakishly tall and freakishly skinny so people do look. Its run by eccentric male divas. They are not aiming for beauty, they're aiming for the odd.

I had a great friend from high school that moved out to NY to pursue the fashion scene to be a model. Went to visit her six months after she left, and when I stepped off the plane I was in absolute shock. Her once healthy 120 pound frame was down to only 92. Standing next to her at 118 I felt huge. She was so gaunt and her skin was so thin I could almost see right through it. Her eyes were literally bulging out of her head. I was in complete shock. I didn't even know what to say, and she didn't even want to address it. All she wanted to tell me was that NOW she was getting all the good modeling gigs. At 18 years, 120 pounds, she was being told she was too fat and too old. Losing all the weight made her look like a thirteen year old girl, no joke. She had the sunken cheeks and the gaunt look, she fit the description of heroin chic. Later she went on to tell me that she wasn't having her periods anymore, which she joked about as being "okay with her." She was also on coke, a habit that she had picked up in the last months. I noticed when we got back to her apartment that she always did a few lines when she started to feel tired. Literally the girl didn't sleep. When we changed at night, her bones literally protruded from her back and her hips, her arms were like toothpicks (like Vlada's). That very first night I cried into my pillow. We ended up getting in a huge fight because I told her that she was going to end up dying if she carried on the way she did, and ended up leaving. I never saw her again. I call her mom periodically to try to catch up, but even her mom has lost track of her whereabouts. She thinks she's overseas in Paris right now. Seeing her the way I did just reconfirms to me that a model's life is nothing that I want for myself. Its tragic.

(Please study)

If anything it's that shirt (?) that gives her a little more bulk. She still looks extremely skinny to me though. From the back you can still see a gap between the very tops of her thighs.

The poor girl does not look happy or healthy at all. She has kind of an alien look to her.

Quote Originally Posted by sweetness View Post
    If anything it's that shirt (?) that gives her a little more bulk. She still looks extremely skinny to me though. From the back you can still see a gap between the very tops of her thighs.

The poor girl does not look happy or healthy at all. She has kind of an alien look to her.
    Have a look at Agnes Buzala:

She is really skinny. You see a wide gap between her thighs everywhere. And her arms are really like sticks or even thinner. I wonder, she is still able to walk. She should be in hospital at once !!

Im so happy, Vlada is far apart from that.

This is pointless. There is no hope.
    "I've cautiously embraced jeggings"
    Emma Peel aka Pacific Breeze aka Wilde1 aka gogodancer aka maribou

Yip, yip, yip in your tiny indignation. Bark furiously on, lady dog.

I've read this thread and never once have I thought that Vlada looked "healthy" or "normal". She'd be a pretty girl if she wasn't so emaciated.
    Mischief. Mayhem. Tattoos. Soap.

How come that of all people it's this chick whose weight gets discussed on over 40 pages? The bitch is emaciated, she looks like death, there is nothing remotely normal about her and I bet she'll be dead in a few months.

So can we please give it a rest, pro-ana people?

I was always obsessed with weight as a teen (I was a model, big surprise to have self-image issues huh?). I was 96 lbs and over 5 ft 9 in at my thinnest. They refused to hire me any longer. (granted I wasn't in NY). Even then I was no where near this thin. I have always loved the thin look, but anyone smaller than Giselle is gross. I thought I had issues...the fact that this is considered beautiful makes me literally sick. And btw, her face is kinda unfortunate. She's all around a mess and needs help. I feel sorry for her.

Your thighs are NOT supposed to be the same size as your calves. If they are, you're too skinny, thats it.

Its disgusting to me that these starving models/actresses are such a norm that people look at a maybe 5lb weight gain like vlada's or nicole richie's and say "Oh they arent THAT skinny anymore" when they're still severely underweight and emaciated.

Bronze Member

I've watched this thread for a while, but didn't want to say anything
    before. Although I'm barely over 5ft tall, my body looks quite a bit like
    Vlada's. My thighs don't meet, I'm convinced I could probaly fit a Pringles
    Tube between them. I have jagged elbows that look kind of big when you
    see my upper arms. I have been hounded & accused of doing this to myself
    all my life, once in 2nd grade & again in 4th. The 3rd time I was told (not
    asked) I had a problem was in high school. Recently, while visiting friends I
    was accused of such again. The woman told the mother of my friend that
    she was sure my parents were abusing me & she'd call CPS. His mother told
    her to go ahead & do it as I was in my 20's. The next time we visited she
    actually started fondling me to see if she could feel my bones.

Now I've complained about my own figure at times, but my mom looked the
    same when she was my age. She went to a Dr once & asked him for help,
    telling him it was awful being so thin. He told her "You want to feel better
    about being skinny, talk to a fat person.". That was the end of her Dr visit.
    She used to tell me it looked like she stuffed a basketball up her shirt when
    she was pregnant for me. Eventually I saw pics & her description was quite
    accurate. She went up to 150lbs with me & the Dr had a fit. I was the 3rd
    kid & she was in her mid 30's, he didn't believe she'd lose the weight & was
    going mad trying to understand why she wasn't worried. After I was born,
    she went back down to 86lbs. For her it took years of marriage, three kids
    & hitting 40 before she made it over 100lbs. Considering I've always looked
    like this & am now in my early 20's, I will probably have to deal with this for
    a long time.

On another note, I've also complained for being mistaken for a 14 year old.
    I'm always told "Once you're older, you won't mind looking much younger
    than you are".

Anyway, that's my rant. I wouldn't be surprised if she does have a problem,
    but at the same time I know how it is to look like that naturally & not be
    able to change it. I also know what it's like to be treated badly when
    people assume things.

Oubliette, I thank you for that perspective. I am 5 ft 9 in and as I grew out of my baby fat, ended up weighing about 98 pounds (granted I was 17-18). I too got teased and accused horribly. I realize now that I didn't eat all that much, but it was never intentional. I knew a girl, about 5 ft or shorter in high school who was itty bitty, quite like Vlada. When you're 5 ft 10 in or taller, a teen with a very thin frame, it is possible to be "naturally" thin. However, Vlada's elbows, back bone, and thighs are very very small (with protruding bones) for someone of that height. If she is 18 she should be filling out a bit more. I know it's tough to be teased, but this girl's appearance really screams "eating disorder". And for people to praise this as healthy and "normal" is disturbing. As someone said earlier, no wonder Giselle is considered "curvy".

Thread Information