Page 25 of 53 FirstFirst ... 1521222324252627282935 ... LastLast

Thread: Vlada Roslyakova is too skinny

Even if those photos were really altered by professionals (which I dont think they were because they are very poorly done) she looks deathly thin in the "before" shots as well....so what does it matter if her pictures are photoshopped? Shes still too thin...

Bronze Member

Oh my god, her arms scare me. It looks like it would hurt to move them. I really hope that she gets some help. Her arms look like she's starving.

Bronze Member

just stumbled upon this thread.. didn't really have time to look through all the pages!! but i just wanted to clarify that not all people on thefashionspot.com forum are pro-ana. i go to that forum A LOT and have been for a very long time and can say only a fraction of the people on that site may be pro-ana.. obviously more frequent in the model section. but yeah, just wanted to clarify that so people don't have all these misconceptions of all the people on there.

Is this really supposed to be attractive??

What exactly is the appeal? The otherwordly look?
    I don't quite get it. Is it that their body type is so different from the average person that makes those models so fascinating to some people?

Silver Member

The look like pre adolescent children.
    Kind of alarming isn't it?
    http://dorkdejour.blogspot.com Just Pimpin my Podcast!!

Quote Originally Posted by MarieAntoinette View Post
    What exactly is the appeal? The otherwordly look?
    I don't quite get it. Is it that their body type is so different from the average person that makes those models so fascinating to some people?
    That's exactly what I think.

But what's really sad and scary is that most of the ones who admire these girls and their body types and look to them as "thinspiration" don't seem to get that fact. So they destroy their health trying to make their average bodies resemble this type because they think the way an average body looks is disgusting.
    My Posts Have Won Awards. Can Any Of You Claim The Same? -ur_next_ex

"I don't have pet peeves. I have major psychotic fucking hatreds, okay". ~George Carlin

You know, it seems to me the stupid "pro-ana" and "thinspiration" websites are set for people who arent REALLY anorexic, and just think of it as an extreme diet. I've known a few people throughout my life who are/were anorexic, and they didnt NEED "thinspiration" because it was a problem with their way of thinking. They didnt have to strive to not eat, they just decided not to because they thought they were fat. They could look at other girls who were thin and say "well shes way too thin" but not recognize themselves as being the same way. One of them even knew she was too thin and WANTED to eat, but just couldnt bring herself to do it. She didnt need pictures of bags of bones hanging on her wall to will herself not to eat....

Basically, in my experience, people who I knew who were anorexic didnt look at other anorexic girls and say "thats how I want to look." When they thought in their minds about how they wanted to look, they were thinking of "normal" celebrities and not the ones who looked totally anorexic. I knew this one girl Erica in high school who had the same body look as Vlada, but told me she wanted to have a body like Carmen Electra...and then went on to mention that she still needed to "lose a few" to get there. Its like her image of herself was so distorted...

</babbling>

Silver Member

Quote Originally Posted by MgMMD View Post
    The look like pre adolescent children.
    Kind of alarming isn't it?
    Wait....you mean they aren't kids?????

Quote Originally Posted by haggard View Post
    You know, it seems to me the stupid "pro-ana" and "thinspiration" websites are set for people who arent REALLY anorexic, and just think of it as an extreme diet.
    Most likely, yes. I think the whole pro-ana movement is completely stupid, I even sometimes feel it is sort of mocking to those who really suffer for years due to their eating disorder.

Models like Vlada Roslyakova and similar types look way more out of reach like superskinny celebritys. Richie and Bosworth or Kate Moss for example are very thin no doubt, but still have a more normal, average body type.

I recently watched some haute cotoure shows on TV with Roslyakova in it, and she did not stand out that much weight wise. Sometimes it kind of creeps me out how alien the models look, and how this look is accentuated by the designers through the clothing general styling, and the robotic walking. What is exactly the image they want to project? Superiority? Freakiness?

Also, isn't it interesting that the models who are known to the general public look less outlandish most of the time? I'm thinking of B&#252;ndchen, Lima and the other big names.

Wow she looks like a VERY young teen, like 13-14.

Default what a neck

Quote Originally Posted by rockchick View Post
    Wow she looks like a VERY young teen, like 13-14.
    Her beautiful childlike neck seems to be much to thin to carry her head:

Last edited by moomies; January 12th, 2007 at 03:41 PM. Reason: we are not allowed to post Getty photos due to copyrights, thanks

God, look how dead her hair is. Gross.
    All you can do at life is play along and hope that sometimes you get it right.

Very pretty girl, but she looks about 11 years old.

I "love" how in this one, Iekeliene and Coco are eating their cereal with strawberries and Vlada is sitting there looking like death with her eyebags and no food.

Quote Originally Posted by Ruthie View Post
    I "love" how in this one, Iekeliene and Coco are eating their cereal with strawberries and Vlada is sitting there looking like death with her eyebags and no food.

cant see any pic!

Thread Information