Page 24 of 53 FirstFirst ... 1420212223242526272834 ... LastLast

Thread: Vlada Roslyakova is too skinny

Quote Originally Posted by Chilly Willy View Post
    Voodoo, I was just about to ask the same question when I saw your post.

Great minds Chilly!

I had a friend that I grew up with and she was naturally as skinny as this girl arms, legs, everything and she ate like a pig this was from 10 years old to 20. She has to buy chrildrens clothes so I can believe that some of these models are naturally skinny because my friend was also often mistaken for being anorexic I felt sorry for her she was really self concious and hated being skinny

Wow ... this is a reallyyyyy long long long thread In some of the pics she looks like she has gained some weight.. but she is still way to thin... in some of the others... I feel like I am watching a horror movie .. it scares me so bad at how thin she is We all need to have a baking party... and force feed the chicky.

HOLY SHIT! She has the skinniest arms I have ever seen!

Obviously bulimic. Puffy eyes, and yellow skin.
    I'm tired of all this nonsense about beauty being only skin-deep.
    That's deep enough. What do you want, an adorable pancreas?---Jean Kerr

I haven't the patience to read through this whole thread, sorry. But I wanted to put this out there: I came across a website that shows how clearly fashion mags Photoshop Vlada's pictures, to make her appear even more frail.

I'm going to look for the link and post it. And I apologize if its already been posted.

Here we go: http://www.freewebs.com/sugarfreegum/

^^^ The difference is really minimal, even in the pre-photoshop pics she looks like a sick skeleton.
    Sure it's very weird that someone thought they'd make that even skinnier, though.

But on the other hand in the photoshopped pics they also erased the bag and circles under her eyes, so her face is supposed to look "healthier" there

In the pre-photoshopped pictures, she's still alarmingly thin. Scary skinny, in fact. Though I too, wonderwhat kind of sick individual did the shopping...
    2 years...

I think she does look a little better in the original photos. skinny yes, but not alarmingly skinny. And what idiot would photoshop her to be skinny? They need to photoshop some meat on her bones! But I do agree with the photoshop removal of her under eye bags.

Quote Originally Posted by khaebs View Post
    I think she does look a little better in the original photos. skinny yes, but not alarmingly skinny. And what idiot would photoshop her to be skinny? They need to photoshop some meat on her bones! But I do agree with the photoshop removal of her under eye bags.
    Uh, Yea she looks NOT ALL THAT BETTER , and alarmingly thin in the pre-shopped photos.......Its prob someone that has a similiar f-uped body image that is doing the changes to fit their "anorexic ideal".
    If the mind, that rules the body, ever so far forgets itself as to trample on its slave, the slave is never generous enough to forgive the injury, but will rise and smite the oppressor. ~Henry Wadsworth Longfellow

SVZ

Quote Originally Posted by Calimoonchild View Post
    I haven't the patience to read through this whole thread, sorry. But I wanted to put this out there: I came across a website that shows how clearly fashion mags Photoshop Vlada's pictures, to make her appear even more frail.

I'm going to look for the link and post it. And I apologize if its already been posted.

Here we go: http://www.freewebs.com/sugarfreegum/
    I doubt those were used in photoshop. It looks like whoever made the website did them because they are SO BAD. Look at the background, they completely mess it up, it doesn't even look real.

^^ I actually disagree. I think the photos look completely professional and well-done. Its a good job.

I work with photoshop and my thoughts are, I agree she has been made to look frail in some BUT also been made to look larger in others.

If you look at the last page, the shot in the green vest - I agree she's been made to look thinner. If you look at the DKNY bag, the text is disjointed in the 'thin' version.

However - take a look at the image above in the silver/grey dress. In the 'fatter' (not apropriate word I know) image the lace is blurred, the quality of the image is far better in the 'thinner' image. Also the same could be said on page two with the orange wedges, the 'thin' version is better quality than the larger.

I noticed it in quite a few pics. This isn't proof that most images of her are thinned down.

My final thought is, the poor girl is obviously ill and needs to get out of the fashion industry if she cares for her health.

SVZ

Quote Originally Posted by Calimoonchild View Post
    ^^ I actually disagree. I think the photos look completely professional and well-done. Its a good job.
    It's really amateur, check out this pic

Look at the box in the back, it just gets cut in half. All they did was do a select around her arm, feather the selection (so it would blend) and then move it in.

It happens in some other photos too...where the light of a spotlight magically just shears

what bothers me is if these are published pictures why haven't they doctored the other girls too?
    The fact that somebody out there thinks she NEEDS doctoring is also scary!

Thread Information