Page 20 of 53 FirstFirst ... 1016171819202122232430 ... LastLast
Results 286 to 300 of 788

Thread: Vlada Roslyakova is too skinny

  1. #286
    Bronze Member Lifeisanadventure's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Posts
    2

    Default Enough is enough..

    I know it's likely that I'm going to get shot down for this, but for my first ever post on Gossip Rocks I'm going to defend Vlada.

    Can everyone give it a rest already? I know Vlada is skinny, absolutely, but she has gained weight, I know this because I'm in and around the fashion industry myself and I have seen her during the 07' seasons.

    She is tiny, cute though, but really why pick on her when there are plenty of models just like her?

    Personally insulting someone's looks and those who are small and still young is really mean spirited (yes, I have seen this argument before and some people really hate it). People have no problem shouting out 'OMG! She's soooo skinny! She must be anorexic!' , but if you say 'God look how fat she is! She could so afford to lose some of that bulge!' it's seen as really wrong. Talk about double standards.

    Just my opinion, feel free to rip it apart.

    P.S The pictures posted here are pretty selective, showing all the worst photo's too support the 'too skinny' argument.

    Here's an alternative view...

    http://

    ....

    http://

    ...

    http://


    I hope these work! My first pic post
    Last edited by Lifeisanadventure; November 28th, 2006 at 07:16 AM.

  2. #287
    Elite Member Chilly Willy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Trolltopia
    Posts
    29,138

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Lifeisanadventure View Post
    People have no problem shouting out 'OMG! She's soooo skinny! She must be anorexic!' , but if you say 'God look how fat she is! She could so afford to lose some of that bulge!' it's seen as really wrong. Talk about double standards.
    If the catwalks were full with heavily obese women and every designer and magazine was promoting that look, the same would be said about fat people. It's about the influence, it's about coining ideas of the ideal body that are simply wrong as in unhealthy.

    Quote Originally Posted by Lifeisanadventure View Post
    Can everyone give it a rest already? I know Vlada is skinny, absolutely, but she has gained weight, I know this because I'm in and around the fashion industry myself and I have seen her during the 07' seasons.

    She is tiny, cute though, but really why pick on her when there are plenty of models just like her?

    Personally insulting someone's looks and those who are small and still young is really mean spirited (yes, I have seen this argument before and some people really hate it).
    Noone is insulting her personally. She is just the perfect example of a very sick looking model. Her body looks sick, her face looks sick, yet she gets booked all the time. People aren't mean spirited, people are concerned. I think everyone who tells Vlada that she looks allright is messed up.

    Quote Originally Posted by Lifeisanadventure View Post
    I hope these work! My first pic post
    You did well, I still haven't figured that out. Welcome to GR, Lifeisanadventure!

  3. #288
    Elite Member moomies's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    pretending to be a lurker but I'm not quiet enough
    Posts
    15,515

    Default

    People have no problem shouting out 'OMG! She's soooo skinny! She must be anorexic!' , but if you say 'God look how fat she is! She could so afford to lose some of that bulge!' it's seen as really wrong. Talk about double standards.
    Plenty of posters here tell it like it is and say it when someone is "obese" and it is a health risk. Have you looked at any of other threads in the weight forum? And check out the news forum if you get a chance...some "fattie" threads in there, too. Over all, it is mean spirited to celeb bash but it's sort of the nature of this forum, and most of the time, it's done light-heartedly until someone takes something personal.

    If you think it's crazy, you ain't seen a thing. Just wait until we're goin down in flames.

  4. #289
    Hit By Ban Bus! AliceInWonderland's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    you already know.
    Posts
    44,439

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by piperdiva View Post
    are you freakin kidding?!!! She has almost no muscle defintion. Her body literally ate itself to survive.
    omg sick! but true ......

  5. #290
    Gold Member Somerset's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    New England
    Posts
    1,227

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Lifeisanadventure View Post
    People have no problem shouting out 'OMG! She's soooo skinny! She must be anorexic!' , but if you say 'God look how fat she is! She could so afford to lose some of that bulge!' it's seen as really wrong. Talk about double standards.
    Can people stop using this argument because it is completely and utterly fallacious. First of all, people continue to be very cruel to overweight people not only by calling them names, but by completely ostracisizing them in certain settings (ie high school etc). Oddly enough, it's people who are obsessed with being thin (like yourself) that are often the ones hurling the insults. And second of all, it's a whole different freaking ballgame. These girls are obviously valued by a lot of people and are making bucket loads of money from their thinness. And it's not like all thin people are considered disgusting, it's only the ones who literally look like they've been in a freaking concentration camp. You can't say the same thing about overweight women. A chubby women isn't considered to be that much better than one who is fat. So when some person says she thinks these thin girls look disgusting, it's not like it's part of a greater societal problem of ostracization so spare us the sanctimonious crap about how hard it is to be thin.

  6. #291
    Elite Member Lobelia's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    a backwards hillbilly state
    Posts
    20,800

    Default

    Sometimes life isn't fair, and if you are unfortunate enough that you look chronically malnourished or anorexic, then sorry, people are going to comment about it, usually unfavorably.

    That model does NOT look healthy, regardless of whether it's natural or induced, so as long as she is raking in $$$ by walking around showing herself, we will NOT "give it a rest." Like everyone else in the public eye, she's fair game.
    "I've cautiously embraced jeggings"
    Emma Peel aka Pacific Breeze aka Wilde1 aka gogodancer aka maribou

    Yip, yip, yip in your tiny indignation. Bark furiously on, lady dog.

  7. #292
    Hit By Ban Bus! sooThin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Posts
    73

    Default

    She has gained so much weight.

    In recent pictures she is NOT too skinny.

    Please have a look, dont you see it?






  8. #293
    Elite Member MsDark's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Northwest MS/Memphis TN
    Posts
    31,571

    Default

    I see red X's, but they're actually curvier with more muscle definition than her!

    Sorry, but even looking at the most recent pics of her (from another reply) she still looks like undernourished shit to me. A waste of a face. I have seen a few pics...maybe one or two...where her face looks pretty. Like she actually got a good night's sleep for a week or two and ate a complete meal. I hope she's banking that cash now instead of putting it up her nose or in her veins like Kate. Now there's a broad who really looks like hammered shit outside of the retinue of fabulous talent who turns her out (and airbrushes the results) for those photo shoots! Even if the little girl isn't a druggie she could still look that bad at 30 just from being that constantly undernourished.
    My Posts Have Won Awards. Can Any Of You Claim The Same? -ur_next_ex

    "I don't have pet peeves. I have major psychotic fucking hatreds, okay". ~George Carlin

  9. #294
    Bronze Member Lifeisanadventure's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Posts
    2

    Cool Thanks!

    Hey I said rip it apart and you did it, I would have expected no less!

    But I have to ask when you (Somerset) said 'people who are obsessed with being thin (like yourself)...' and 'so spare us the sanctimonous crap about how hard it is to be thin' were you actually suggesting that I am obssesed with being thin? If so, I'm to say one thing: You should see what crap (pizza, pasta, burgers etc) I eat and how much I wish I was more like, for example Marilyn Monroe or Scarlett Johannasen, with all their fantastic curves.

    There have been some really good arguments against what I said. Congrats. You've managed to change my mind on a few point. No offence SooThin, but I think everyone should ignore your comments, they're are not helping Vlada's case.

    Plus Vlada isn't even my favourite model. I think she's cute in sort of a little girl way and hope she will continue to gain weight (maybe that could only happen if she left the industry, but she's so in demand that that doesn't seem like it would happen soon).

    P.S I know from someone I know who met Vlada and a friend of hers (Sasha P.) that the girls (especially during fashion week) are so in demand that the amount of sleep they get is ridiculous- 3 to 4 hrs a night, then it's straight into fittings and shows, so that would explain the washed out and baggy eyes look that she is sporting.
    Last edited by Lifeisanadventure; November 29th, 2006 at 03:23 AM.

  10. #295
    Elite Member Chilly Willy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Trolltopia
    Posts
    29,138

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Lifeisanadventure View Post
    P.S I know from someone I know who met Vlada and a friend of hers (Sasha P.) that the girls (especially during fashion week) are so in demand that the amount of sleep they get is ridiculous- 3 to 4 hrs a night, then it's straight into fittings and shows, so that would explain the washed out and baggy eyes look that she is sporting.
    Didn't you say you've been around the fashion industry? I haven't spend much time backstage of those fashion shows, only been there once or twice, but I know for sure, that the main reason for the baggy eyes look is not the lack of sleep.

  11. #296
    Silver Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Posts
    595

    Default

    I want to know what happy kitty flower land exists where people aren't made fun of for being fat? Because seriously, I want to move there. Because Goddamnit I want a cheeseburger!
    Last edited by MgMMD; November 29th, 2006 at 02:33 PM. Reason: because I was never a cheeseburger...
    http://dorkdejour.blogspot.com Just Pimpin my Podcast!!

  12. #297
    Gold Member glamazon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    NYC
    Posts
    1,074

    Default

    Hi Adventure!

    She does look a pound or 3 heavier, but that's really bad that you're so thin, that 2-3 pounds of weight can make such a drmatic difference in your life. I hope that she also gains some more weight...how old is she exactly?
    Talent Works, Genius Creates

  13. #298
    Elite Member Chilly Willy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Trolltopia
    Posts
    29,138

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by MgMMD View Post
    I want to know what happy kitty flower land exists where people aren't made fun of for being fat? Because seriously, I want to move there. Because Goddamnit I want a cheeseburger!
    Amen, MgMMD!

    That's the stupidest shit I've ever heard and people repeat in so frequently. My sister was slightly overweight as a kid and she was ready to commit suicide by the age of twelve because she got treated so badly.

  14. #299
    Elite Member moomies's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    pretending to be a lurker but I'm not quiet enough
    Posts
    15,515

    Default

    I got chubby during puberty and I was bullied, too. Then in high school I went on a starvation diet, lost about 10kg in a month. That wasn't healthy...

    If you think it's crazy, you ain't seen a thing. Just wait until we're goin down in flames.

  15. #300
    Gold Member Somerset's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    New England
    Posts
    1,227

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by MgMMD View Post
    I want to know what happy kitty flower land exists where people aren't made fun of for being fat? Because seriously, I want to move there. Because Goddamnit I want a cheeseburger!
    Honestly!!! I gained weight when I was younger too and was bullied and ostracized for it. Then my mom made me go on an exclusively cabbage soup diet. You can guess how wonderfully well that went...

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 41
    Last Post: October 4th, 2006, 02:32 PM
  2. Fat / Skinny Celebrity Couples
    By Penny Lane in forum Weight
    Replies: 20
    Last Post: July 11th, 2006, 04:49 PM
  3. Kate Lawler looking skinny
    By bella in forum Weight
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: March 30th, 2006, 12:52 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •