Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Thread: Vlada Roslyakova at Fausto Sarli Alta Moda

Fuck the twig model, who is this Fausto Sarli?? I like his dresses, they're kind of fabulous.

I think she gained a lot of weight if you compare to how she looked like only one year ago:

She's gained a few pounds.

Fatass needs to go on a diet.
    My Posts Have Won Awards. Can Any Of You Claim The Same? -ur_next_ex

"I don't have pet peeves. I have major psychotic fucking hatreds, okay". ~George Carlin

fgg

^^i know! i can't believe she fit in the clothes without blowing out the seams.

omg she's fucking huge. she's jabba the hutt. how gross. she needs to barf more after meals.

can we please ban this retard.
    I am from the American CIA and I have a radio in my head. I am going to kill you.

this thread cracks me up.

the model is disgusting. she gained A LOT of weight, yeah right.
    "This is not meant to be at all offensive: You suffer from diarrhea of the mouth but constipation of the brain." - McJag

I like Vlada, I think she's really pretty and the bags under her eye, it's kind of cute. She's too skinny but not skinnier than other models on the runway.
    "Well isn't that special"

A Model Perspective : Natalia Vodianova

I have always loved Natalia Vodianova. From the moment she came on the scene she's been one of my favorite models. Its hard not to appreciate a face as hauntingly beautiful as hers and over the years I've followed her work be it the ads for Calvin Klein or her editorials in everything from Vogue Paris to W. She has always stood out amidst the crowd and has come across as intelligent and articulate, whether she's speaking about her charity work or the remarkable transition from fruit stand sales girl to one of the worlds most prominent faces. It is always nice to know that someone is more than just a pretty face, particularly in an industry wherein pretty faces abound.

My all time favorite shots of Natalia, pregnant and absolutely glowing

This week Natalia spoke out as part of a CFDA panel on super thin models. She talked about her personal struggles with food and body image as a model as well as the pressures to remain thin, particularly after giving birth to her son.

""At 19 and 117 pounds I gave birth to my son Lucas" Two weeks later Natalia was back on the runway" My weight fell to 106 pounds. I was nervous, oversensitive and I had thinning hair. I wasn't even aware I was unhealthy. I didn't know there was something wrong with me. I thought I was just doing my job,"

Vodianova explained how growing up in Russia, she viewed food as a necessity.
    "But then I arrived in Paris as a model, and my relationship with food changed. Conversations with other models revolved around diets and going to the gym. It had never occurred to me to think of food in this way. I began to pay attention and compare myself to other models.
    "It happened to me without me realizing it."

She regained her health with the help of supportive friends, but her agency told her that her weight gain of 9lbs was being criticised by designers. "I was lucky enough to be very much in demand, so I could ignore the criticisms. But if I had not been in such a fortunate position, that could have affected me badly, just when I was getting better," she said.

"The next season, I got healthy again, but when I returned to work, my weight was questioned," she said. "Some fashion houses called my agency complaining that I was two centimeters over [in measurements]. I was extremely upset since I felt very healthy and good about myself. I defended myself, saying it was crazy to consider measurements like 33-27-34 to be normal and not to expect some change.

"Most of these girls come from poor backgrounds, they are young, they are very lonely and they are trying to help their families. They will do anything to keep living this dream."

She said most models were "normal girls" who developed issues around food because of industry pressures.

9 pounds. You gain 9 pounds on a frame that is already underweight and people are calling your agency to complain. It boggles the mind. Name one other industry wherein this type of behavior is considered acceptable. I am so glad Natalia spoke out on this. Its refreshing given that in just about every other interview about this CFDA conference someone is pushing the blame on someone else. Be it designers blaming agencies, agencies blaming parents and parents scratching their heads back in Moscow, Malawi or Michigan thinking "Um. We haven't even gotten to see our daughters in months." Its about time someone spoke up especially given that girls are dying just to fit into idiotic sample sizes. Its high time something was done about it.
    Too Fat For Fashion: A Model Perspective : Natalia Vodianova
    "But I am very poorly today & very stupid & I hate everybody & everything." -- Charles Darwin

The pregnant shots are the best by miles

"The next season, I got healthy again, but when I returned to work, my weight was questioned," she said. "Some fashion houses called my agency complaining that I was two centimeters over [in measurements]. I was extremely upset since I felt very healthy and good about myself. I defended myself, saying it was crazy to consider measurements like 33-27-34 to be normal and not to expect some change.
    If all these models stood up and said this, would the designers just demand new models, or would they fn wake up and stop this craziness?
    It's just so bizarre.

I think designers are just lazy to make a variety of sizes for models to wear. I do think they're are girls that are naturally thin, but why not use models who are a Size 6 or a 12 for the same fashion brand? I think it comes down to who is designing the clothes and not the models themselves. I don't see male models being told to be fucking stick thin for every single fashion label, why can't women be healthy too.

For this Vlada chick. I said it in another thread of hers, she's pretty but she needs to gain like 10lbs to look somewhat healthy, like alot of models do.

Gold Member

Thinness aside - her zombie stare scares the crap outta me.

Quote Originally Posted by sooThin View Post
    I think she gained a lot of weight if you compare to how she looked like only one year ago:

With that hair she bears an uncanny resemblance to the young junkie girl who hit me up for cigarettes yesterday, undereye bags and all.

I better look up the girl and tell her the Paris catwalks are waiting!
    "Remember to always be yourself. Unless you suck." - Joss Whedon

"The only thing more expensive than education is ignorance." -Benjamin Franklin

Are the bags from throwing up? I think mine have looked that bad after a "night of fun".

Quote Originally Posted by sprynkles View Post
    Are the bags from throwing up? I think mine have looked that bad after a "night of fun".
    I get slight bags too many sleepless nights/boozing, but I never did when I was that young. I'm thinking drugs.
    "Remember to always be yourself. Unless you suck." - Joss Whedon

"The only thing more expensive than education is ignorance." -Benjamin Franklin

Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Thread Information