Page 11 of 12 FirstFirst ... 789101112 LastLast

Thread: Vlada Roslyakova at Fausto Sarli Alta Moda

"Quite frankly, I'm against people who give vent to their loquacity by extraneous bombastic circumlocution."

I love Graham Chapman.
    "But I am very poorly today & very stupid & I hate everybody & everything." -- Charles Darwin

Hit By Ban Bus!

Quote Originally Posted by twitchy2.0 View Post
    You do know that isn't what anthropomorphism means?
    Anthropomorphism as the term is usually used means to project pre-concieved human qualities onto the non-human. However, in a more generalized sense in can also apply to the projecting of one's own personal circumstance and context onto other people. You might say there is both species specific anthropomorphism and personal anthropomorphism.

Hence, yes, claiming that a person MUST be either bulemic or anorexic because they do not share your experiences regarding weight is indeed anthropomorphism or at least the same concept. Unless anyone here has a better word for it? Chauvanism, perhaps? Or maybe a weak form of solipsism?

Except that nobody is doing that. You're projecting. The projecting of your personal experience onto others is projection bias or psycological projection not anthropomorphism.
    "But I am very poorly today & very stupid & I hate everybody & everything." -- Charles Darwin

yeah,what twitchy said!
    eat a hot bowl of dicks.

I think you're taking the comments on this board way too personally and that perhaps this is not the place for you.

Even though I think Kate Bosworth is fugly and has ruined her face and body by being an anorexic, it does not mean that I find Gabby Sidibe attractive, or other thin women (who don't look like shit because they're not anorexics) ugly.

And as fugly sick looking as I find her and this Vlada chick I'd still take their bodies over Gabby Sidibe in a second because what's wrong with them is a lot more easily fixable, not to mention hidden with the right clothing to where I could look halfway normal at a passing glance. I admit to feeling way more sympathy for the Gabby Sidibes of the world and way more disdain for the Kate Bosworths. That horseshit about her busting ass to get the Blue Crush body (if anything, she probably had to diet her ass off, not gain weight as she claimed, that's probably where it began though) sounds like exactly what would come out of the mouth of an anorexic presented with proof of how good she once looked before the illness took its toll.

But this has jack shit to do with you and your claims to be some thin broad who's suffered the intolerance of bitter jealous fatty mobs.
    My Posts Have Won Awards. Can Any Of You Claim The Same? -ur_next_ex

"I don't have pet peeves. I have major psychotic fucking hatreds, okay". ~George Carlin

Hit By Ban Bus!

Uh, did I say anywhere I'm NOT projecting at all? I know when I'm projecting. If I project onto Kate Bosworth, then I can imagine her reading all those "too skinny" comments, and going home every night stuffing her face with piles of unhealthy food in a desperate attempt to gain weight. That is admittedly perhaps not what happens.

It's usually very easy to see that someone else is projecting, but hard to see it in yourself. The fact that people have a strong negative reaction to what I posted before show that THEY are also taking things too personally, yet they can't see it. If I were to say Vlada is not too thin in some of these pics (but she is in others) some people would be angered. That can only be for one reason alone - they are taking it personally.

And, Twitchy, whatever you want to call it (I'd call it a type of anthropomorphism since my background is in physics not psychology, you can call it what you like; Karl Jung called it the human ego) but the concept I am talking about is at the root of practically every human conflict.

Oh, and I'm not thin, I just feel too thin when I read the Kate Bosworth comments.
    Last edited by Elegance9; April 24th, 2010 at 04:17 PM.

I think Kate Bosworth would probably have a bigger orgasm over reading that she's too skinny than sitting on top of Askars.

"I don't have pet peeves. I have major psychotic fucking hatreds, okay". ~George Carlin

Quote Originally Posted by Elegance9 View Post
    It's usually very easy to see that someone else is projecting, but hard to see it in yourself. The fact that people have a strong negative reaction to what I posted before show that THEY are also taking things too personally, yet they can't see it.
    Irony overload.

Look here sugarbuns, you are the one who has her knickers in a twist because people here dared to have an opinion different from yours. You are the one who started the sarcastic thread implying people are in denial about healthy weight. You are the one making assumptions about how everyone else thinks. You are the one who can't see it.

And I still would not call that anthropomorphism.

If you want to take up an adversarial attitude, you ought not to be surprised when people react with somewhat less than sunshine and roses.

Yes, really, you fruitcake.
    You always crack me up Twitch

Hit By Ban Bus!

Irony overload.

Look here sugarbuns, you are the one who has her knickers in a twist because people here dared to have an opinion different from yours. You are the one who started the sarcastic thread implying people are in denial about healthy weight. You are the one making assumptions about how everyone else thinks. You are the one who can't see it.

And I still would not call that anthropomorphism.

If you want to take up an adversarial attitude, you ought not to be surprised when people react with somewhat less than sunshine and roses.
    Well YOU are the one who started on me for using "big words" (and I actually didn't realize anthropomorphic was a word outside of common knowledge, sorry guys) wanting to quibble with me over word definitions to try to 'prove' that you understand what a word means better than me. Who cares if you can define a word better than some stranger on the internet? Congratulations.

Who wants to bet Twitchy is really some 75lb anorexic? Shove a sandwich in it.

Twitchy can do a lot of things better than anyone on the internet. Bitch has skills. And she's hot, too.

You're not our first troll and not our last. Enjoy it while it lasts. You bore me already. That bitchy act is getting old.
    Hello mother fucker! when you ask a question read also the answer instead of asking another question on an answer who already contain the answer of your next question!
    -Bugdoll-

Hit By Ban Bus!

Quote Originally Posted by MrsDark View Post
    I think Kate Bosworth would probably have a bigger orgasm over reading that she's too skinny than sitting on top of Askars.
    If y'all don't like Kate shoudn't you be calling her fat then?

We tell it like it is. Who gives a fuck about Kate Bosworth. Bitch is boring. Like you.
    Hello mother fucker! when you ask a question read also the answer instead of asking another question on an answer who already contain the answer of your next question!
    -Bugdoll-

Quote Originally Posted by Elegance9 View Post
    If y'all don't like Kate shoudn't you be calling her fat then?
    No, fat is an insult in your world.

I just call it like I see it. If that hurts, then bitch (who makes her living off her looks) needs to put down the crackpipe, stop with the PS and eat something.

And stop fucking her friends husbands. Especially said friends more famous, more accomplished and with more connections than her.

But admittedly, unlike how she looks, the latter is based upon rumor.

Hit By Ban Bus!

Quote Originally Posted by MrsDark View Post
    No, fat is an insult in your world.

I just call it like I see it. If that hurts, then bitch (who makes her living off her looks) needs to put down the crackpipe, stop with the PS and eat something.

And stop fucking her friends husbands. Especially said friends more famous, more accomplished and with more connections than her.

But admittedly, unlike how she looks, the latter is based upon rumor.
    Well I don't know for sure about Kate, seeing as I'm not her but I'd rather be called too fat than too thin. *shrugs*

Page 11 of 12 FirstFirst ... 789101112 LastLast

Thread Information