Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Victoria Beckham credits her figure to strict diet, not eating disorder

Elite Member

sounds like an eating disorder to me. I believe they call it Orthorexia - where you become so health conscience that you still eat but what you eat is so little it doesnt count. Tis how my issues started.
    "Don't think that sticking your boobs out and trying to look fuckable will help. Remember your in a rock and roll band. It's not "Fuck Me", It's "Fuck You!"
    Chrissie Hynde

Default Victoria Beckham eats really healthy

Victoria Beckham recently told People that she doesn’t have an eating disorder. She just eats very, very healthy.

“I eat really healthy, I love Japanese food, lots of fish, any sort of fish, any sort of vegetable, lots of fruit, that kind of thing,” said Beckham, the former Posh Spice, during an appearance recently on the BBC Radio program “Gordon Ramsay’s Perfect Christmas Lunch.”

Victoria is well aware that people constantly speculate about if she has an ED. Does she care?

“I don’t really care all that much. We live in Spain. I don’t really see a lot of the press, and I don’t really hear what’s going on. I’m just past caring.”
    Still, she says, “I think there’s a big difference between someone having an eating disorder and someone who is controlled about what they eat. There’s a big difference, and every now and then of course I go out and eat what I like. But I do try to be quite disciplined in the way that I eat.”

I would have to agree with Victoria on this. So long as your aren’t unhealthy and obsessed about it, what’s wrong with controlling your intake and staying thin?

However, her view on models seems a bit off:

Beckham, who’s 32 and has three sons (Brooklyn, 7; Romeo, 4; and Cruz, 1) with English footballer David Beckham, 31, also weighed in on the skinny models debate, saying: “What is a double zero? I don’t even know what size a double zero is! I think models are thin, that’s the way that it is.
    “All of the girls – I know quite a few models and they actually eat, they’re just naturally thin girls. And just because you’re thin it doesn’t mean you have an eating disorder. What is more of a concern is the age of the girls. Some of the girls on the catwalk are 13 years old and that is more worrying to me than the size of the girl, to be honest.”

Somehow I doubt it…

http://theskinnywebsite.com/site/200...eally-healthy/

Liar, Liar, Liar.

This sentence speaks volumes: "But I do try to be quite disciplined in the way that I eat."

Darn right she does! She's an anorexic mess.

Vicky!
    Double Zero? Look at the label in your jeans , love!

These 2 seem pretty well matched as Beckham has Behavioural Dysfunction too. He's lining stuff up like in 'sleeping with the enemy'.
    A perfect match!

No matter what she says.....

At the Rhodes Farm Clinic for Eating Disorders in north London, Dr Dee Dawson has noticed a startling jump in the numbers of very young children suffering from anorexia and bulimia. 'We see lots of 10-year-olds,' she says with a sigh. 'The link with celebrity cannot be overstated; though anorexics talk of family problems, the pressure of school or not wanting to grow up, we're now seeing girls who openly say they want to look like Victoria Beckham. Thinness is valued. Among my patients, she is one of the top icons: as far as they can see, she gets invited everywhere, she's got plenty of money, a handsome husband. It's not surprising that they associate her body shape with glamour and success.'
    ChildLine too reports an increased number of calls from children, some as young as 10, seeking help with eating disorders. The figure rose from 1,000 in 2001 to 1,500 last year. In a culture which venerates thin, ChildLine reports that it's not unusual for children as young as seven to believe they are fat. Here's a chat-room post from Rachael, age 12: 'I have always hated the way I look. I try to look in the mirror as little as possible. I am curvy in all the wrong places, and if I see someone really slim and pretty it makes me want to cry. But seeing all of the celebs in tight skinny outfits does make me want to lose weight! I've done it before and I'm going to do it again!'

http://observer.guardian.co.uk/woman...835485,00.html
    The Observer Aug 6 2006

Bronze Member

Whatever - she is a fugly! End of discussion!

Hit By Ban Bus! AliceInWonderland's Avatar

lets post nasty pics of her!

btw she's balding too

wow, she TOTALLY looks like a man in that pic! ^^

I dont think she look like the same person she was, when she was in the Spice Girls. So sad.

Well, at least she's not giving us that "I eat everything I like, but have a warp-speed metabolism" crap.

Something interesting I fell about doing some research for myself.

VB has PCOS Polycystic Ovarian Syndrome - diabeties often comes hand in hand with it whihc would require a very stric diet.

Made me think..
    He who knows does not speak.
    He who speaks does not know.
    Lao-tzu

Quote Originally Posted by suede View Post

VB has PCOS Polycystic Ovarian Syndrome - diabeties often comes hand in hand with it whihc would require a very stric diet.

Made me think..
    Well, I don't think that any diet prescribed by a doctor, no matter how strict it is, will ever push a person to be that thin.
    If she has to follow a strict diet for PCOS, she should have gone to a doctor, which I doubt, because usually doctors want people to be healthy and she doesn't look ealthy....

Hit By Ban Bus! AliceInWonderland's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by suede View Post

Made me think..
    yeah makes me think that she's a big fat liar b/c ppl who have PCOS are supposed to have a difficult time having kids and she's had 3 like a damn rabbit!

Quote Originally Posted by AliceInWonderland View Post
    yeah makes me think that she's a big fat liar b/c ppl who have PCOS are supposed to have a difficult time having kids and she's had 3 like a damn rabbit!
    I have two friends who have this & both have managed to sprog - but only with the help of medical intervention. Strangely enough both are quite plump.... (in fact one of them has just started her own business selling larger maternity clothes coz she couldn't find anything to fit her while she was preggers {"plump bump" but I can't find the website...})
    VB - in turn - has an article in Grazia recently detailing exactly how she put on 5 lbs during the world cup & was "really uncomfortable with it" so detoxed before xmas & lost it plus 5 more! Her comments about this & how she is a clothes-horse for designers (tributed to "a friend") sound exactly like someone starving themselves to death because they are mentally ill!
    There is also a quote about Becks teasing her about her xmas dinner only being sugar snap peas & he sounds completely unable to cope with it.....

It was awful to read to be honest.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread Information