Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Valerie Bertinelli wants to lose 30lbs and is the new celebrity face for Jenny Craig

whyTF does she not reveal her starting weight?

Thats why I like celebrity fit club/biggest loser bc they actually have to weigh in and cant lie (a la kirstie alley). I dont want to hear when this woman loses 30lbs how shes now 120lbs and was 150 to start. BS, shes 170 on a good day. She may be short, but she is solid fat.

I estimate 170 bc I know a chick who is about 5'2 and 130lbs. Shes solid and thin NOT skinny-if she lost 10lbs shed be perfect, but I look at her and VB is at least 40lbs heavier

Whatever her real weight at least she will be motivated & make a pretty penny!
    I didn't start out to collect diamonds, but somehow they just kept piling up.-Mae West

I don't care about her actual weight. As a matter of fact, I would rather have her keep the actual number to herself than blatantly lie like Kirstie Alley and msot other celebs do. And no way do I think she is 170#. Going by the US cover here, since I didn't see her on The View. But people who are average height and above just do not realize it doesn't take as much weight for a 'shorty' to look big. 5-10 extra lbs isn't shit for my 6 ft tall friend. But for me that's a visible difference and even a whole size.
    My Posts Have Won Awards. Can Any Of You Claim The Same? -ur_next_ex

"I don't have pet peeves. I have major psychotic fucking hatreds, okay". ~George Carlin

Quote Originally Posted by Femmefatale View Post

Thats why I like celebrity fit club/biggest loser bc they actually have to weigh in and cant lie (a la kirstie alley). I dont want to hear when this woman loses 30lbs how shes now 120lbs and was 150 to start. BS, shes 170 on a good day. She may be short, but she is solid fat.

I love that show. I can't wait for the new season. I think Marcia Brady is on this time around.

Quote Originally Posted by Picara View Post
    I agree. Plus I think Valerie will really lose the weight. I don't believe that Kirstie ever got down to 145. It looks like she's putting the weight back on now. I hated her commercials where she'd use a giant handbag to hide her hips.
    I don't believe Kirstie really slimmed down that much either. She's kinda creepy to me now, although I don't know why. I'm rooting for Valerie though.

She's going to look great. She has a wonderful youthfullness and always seemed to me to be a positive person, as in not a whiner.

Jenny Craig Commercials

Good for her! I just wish I was famous enough for Jenny to pay me to lose the weight I need to.

Thanks for the link Chalet. It looks like they tried to make Valerie look bigger with the style of dress she is wearing.

April 14, 2007

Source: Yahoo! News Photo

Source: Yahoo! News Photo

If anyone is interested, this link has photos of some other celebs from past TV shows, 5th Annual TV Land Awards in Santa Monica, California April 14,2007. Yahoo! News Search Results for 5th annual tv land awards
    Scariest Halloween mask ever > > >

Elite Member

I like Valerie too and as many of the posts attest, I don't think many focus on her weight. She's so likeable you almost don't notice. To be honest, I think she looks adorable regardless. If it's a health issue for her, good for her taking this road. If she's trying to keep up with Hollywood, she shouldn't even venture down that road.

I've been reading that her new live in love has been arrested more than once in the past for domestic abuse, I'm more worried for her that way than anything about her weight. She seems to pick loser men...

wow kirstie alley is just massive

I took this picture about 15 years ago. Valerie's mom is the lady who is not Valerie nor the bride

Although the dress (which was the style at the time) is SOOOO unflattering, you can tell that she's a large woman. From my observations, it seemed that Valerie had a simlar build. Wolf was only a few months old, so she was carrying some baby weight, but you know how genetics are. Valerie is beautiful but I think she has one of those bodies that put on weight relatively easy.

"I've cautiously embraced jeggings"
    Emma Peel aka Pacific Breeze aka Wilde1 aka gogodancer aka maribou

Yip, yip, yip in your tiny indignation. Bark furiously on, lady dog.

Well do tell Lob!

you know- it really really pisses me off that she is probably making SO much money off this Jenny Craig contract- but she won't even reveal her starting weight!!!!!! WTF??? Get over yourself!

Kirstie Alley pulled this shit also when she lied about her weight

Elite Member DoveFeatheredRaven's Avatar

I am a shorty myself (5'4 1/2), carry my weight similiarly to her, and she is not a 14.

I don't know that not revealing her weight matters as much as lying about the size. I carry my weight all over so I can gain more weight than most shorties before you can tell. I also have to lose loads before you can really tell. I have always weighed a higher number than people would think. But size is a different ballgame entirely.

The thing about it is, these commercials are supposed to show women (and men) sitting at home on their couches that this is possible, that they can do this too! But it makes people angry when they won't fess up to the correct sizes. We have eyeballs and can see! We all know cameras add pounds but, as the old Chandler joke on Friends goes, "How many cameras were ON you?"

Maybe her designer duds are sized differently. I remember reading somewhere that many of the designers selling expensive clothing were making their size numbers smaller so the women would want to buy their clothes. A size 8 on their label was really a 10 and so on. Maybe she is a victim of this.....Valerie honey, go to Target or Walmart and try something on. Then tell me you are a 14.

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread Information