Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Valerie Bertinelli wants to lose 30lbs and is the new celebrity face for Jenny Craig

Quote Originally Posted by SunShine23 View Post
    i guess im the only one that think this is a pathetic and deameaning way to make a buck. afterall, thats why shes doing it.
    Maybe, but by going public she's probably pretty motivated to be successful.

I'll look forward to the commercials. Always adored her and I never missed a movie of the week with Valerie.

Hit By Ban Bus!

Quote Originally Posted by KrisNine View Post
    I loved her on One Day at a Time. Everyone loved Barbara, no one liked Julie!!

Schneider and Mrs. Romano....
    Sigh. Why doesn't Nick at Nite play that one? It was so fun! I wish her well she's a cutie.

Silver Member

I think we also tend to forget that the camera adds weight.
    A lot of people who see even the tiniest on-screen stars say they are tinier in person!

I am cheering for her. I just lost 30lbs and i feel terrific
    http://dorkdejour.blogspot.com Just Pimpin my Podcast!!

who is she anyways? lol

She's such a beauty IMO. She will be downright gorgeous once she reaches her goal.

Elite Member DoveFeatheredRaven's Avatar

She was on The View yesterday and there is no way she is a size 14. She is an 18, at least! Good luck to her though. She just needs to be honest about what size she is. Any woman over a size 12 herself knows VB couldn't get one leg in a 14 even in really stretchy pants.

Quote Originally Posted by msdebagain View Post
    i hope she does good. i know how she feels about being a hermit. when i gained my weight i didnt want to see anyone that knew me when i was thin.
    Oh my God, me either! I avoid group gatherings because I know people will whisper about how fat I've gotten.

Hit By Ban Bus!

Quote Originally Posted by DoveFeatheredRaven View Post
    She was on The View yesterday and there is no way she is a size 14. She is an 18, at least! ... Any woman over a size 12 herself knows VB couldn't get one leg in a 14 even in really stretchy pants.
    I wish I'd seen that. My experience here on this board has been that many people think a 14 is an 18 because of the way weight has become so contentious. People's impressions are often skewed because of that.

If People Mag photoshopped the cover pic, I can understand. They want to sell mags. I just have a hard time believing that Valerie is a true 18. I say 14, maybe an occasional 16 due to label differences.

Quote Originally Posted by DoveFeatheredRaven View Post
    She was on The View yesterday and there is no way she is a size 14. She is an 18, at least! Good luck to her though. She just needs to be honest about what size she is. Any woman over a size 12 herself knows VB couldn't get one leg in a 14 even in really stretchy pants.
    Remember she is a shorty. A size 14 is pretty big at her height. I didn't see her on The View, but on that US cover....unless she is sporting some serious belly underneath that top, I wouldn't have thought she was as big as a 14. I have to be careful with this because I got in a world of shit awhile back for calling a size ten big, but I am short like Val, so to me anything over the single digits (unless vintage or foreign clothing) is pushing it. I can buy that she'd want to lose at least that much weight if she's a 14. I'd be happy to be a 6 myself.

Quote Originally Posted by KrisNine View Post
    I loved her on One Day at a Time. Everyone loved Barbara, no one liked Julie!!

Schneider and Mrs. Romano....
    Julie was obnoxious wasn't she?
    My Posts Have Won Awards. Can Any Of You Claim The Same? -ur_next_ex

"I don't have pet peeves. I have major psychotic fucking hatreds, okay". ~George Carlin

I think she looks about a 14. Good luck to her, I say.

Quote Originally Posted by VenusInFauxFurs View Post
    I think she looks about a 14. Good luck to her, I say.
    She does. I hope she and Wolfie do well on it. I like her so much better that Kirstie Alley who is now fat again.

Why do these people have to make some big public announcement they are going on a diet and they weigh this much or wear this size? Why can't they just go on a diet? Who honestly cares about some actress on a show over 20 years ago loses weight.

^^^ Well, like she said, she's always struggled with her weight and by making her goal public she has a better chance at success. I've always liked Valerie, she's actually a very good actress and a nice person too IMO. Maybe she's trying to get some publicity so she can get back into acting now that her only child is nearly grown.

I agree with the others who've said she looks to be about a US size 14. Maybe even a 12, since she's so short and the camera adds the appearance of extra weight.

I don't watch much t.v., but if I'm going to have to be subjected to Jenny Craig commercials whenever the tube is on, I'd much rather see the cute and likable Valerie than that annoying $cientologist Kirstie Alley.

I don't watch much t.v., but if I'm going to have to be subjected to Jenny Craig commercials whenever the tube is on, I'd much rather see the cute and likable Valerie than that annoying $cientologist Kirstie Alley.
    I agree. Plus I think Valerie will really lose the weight. I don't believe that Kirstie ever got down to 145. It looks like she's putting the weight back on now. I hated her commercials where she'd use a giant handbag to hide her hips.

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread Information