Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Valerie Bertinelli celebrates her upcoming 49th birthday by posing in a bikini

A*O

So she had some photoshop done - women half her age do it all the time and don't get bagged for it. One day we are ALL going to be 49 - just pray you look half that good LOL
    If all the women in this place were laid end to end, I wouldn’t be surprised - Dorothy Parker

Quote Originally Posted by katerpillar View Post
    WTF is a deltoid?! Is this yet another crazy chick thinking that bulking up with man-muscles will make her hot? *shudder*
    Uhm. A shoulder. And if you don't have them you look like shit.
    My Posts Have Won Awards. Can Any Of You Claim The Same? -ur_next_ex

"I don't have pet peeves. I have major psychotic fucking hatreds, okay". ~George Carlin

I think she looks great and should be very proud of herself.
    Life is what happens to you
    While you're busy making other plans ~ John Lennon

Quote Originally Posted by katerpillar View Post
    Dude, promo model. Too short and too fond of not starving for real modelling.

And blargh. I'm naturally kind of muscular (which is ironic, as I'm bone lazy and clumsy) and I can't stand it. It's mannish. I can't see why any female, if she was slim and healthy, would bother. Especially if it's broadening your shoulders! Arghablrgah. If she's eating just 1200 calories a day and also running almost daily, she certainly doesn't need all that.

Sure, tone up a bit if it'll make you feel good - but working out daily until you have things "popping out"? Erm...
    She's 48. You're what? 18?? (if that old?) Trust me, she needs all that. You'll start losing muscle mass gradually every year too somewhere around 25 give or take a couple years depending upon how lucky you are genetically. You can stave off the atrophy a bit if you pick up a weight or three several times a week and don't starve your tissues by extreme dieting while young (which is also gonna fuck up your metabolism and make things that much harder for you later on).

There. The old bitch "just wait and see" lecture is over.

For now.

"I don't have pet peeves. I have major psychotic fucking hatreds, okay". ~George Carlin

Quote Originally Posted by MrsDark View Post
    Uhm. A shoulder. And if you don't have them you look like shit.
    and your clothes won't stay on....

Quote Originally Posted by A*O View Post
    So she had some photoshop done - women half her age do it all the time and don't get bagged for it. One day we are ALL going to be 49 - just pray you look half that good LOL
    sooner rather than later for some of us! I'm doing all I can to prevent "haggage"

She's 48. You're what? 18?? (if that old?) Trust me, she needs all that. You'll start losing muscle mass gradually every year too somewhere around 25 give or take a couple years depending upon how lucky you are genetically. You can stave off the atrophy a bit if you pick up a weight or three several times a week and don't starve your tissues by extreme dieting while young (which is also gonna fuck up your metabolism and make things that much harder for you later on).

There. The old bitch "just wait and see" lecture is over.

For now.
    I'm waiting for this to catch up with the Paris Hiltons/Nicole Richies/Etc of this world - and then I'm going to laugh myself silly!
    "I don't know what I am to them, maybe a penguin XD" - Tiny Pixie

Quote Originally Posted by Novice View Post
    Not to mention being unable to carry a purse on your shoulder because the straps are constantly sliding off.

Not to mention being unable to carry a purse on your shoulder because the straps are constantly sliding off.
    where would one affix one's arms in that situation?

btw I'm waiting for Perfect Parts by Rachel McLish to arrive & am getting impatient!

I was talking about purse straps. You have to carry a handbag or clutch purse instead when you don't have enough shoulder to hold a purse strap on without it sliding off. If that drives you as nuts as it did me before I had any shoulders.

Elite Member

Quote Originally Posted by Novice View Post

sooner rather than later for some of us! I'm doing all I can to prevent "haggage"

I'm waiting for this to catch up with the Paris Hiltons/Nicole Richies/Etc of this world - and then I'm going to laugh myself silly!
    I also see terrible posture on these young skinny girls, neck sticking out, hunchback...probably because even if they do work out they neglect the back and chest muscles. I can't wait to see Paris/Nicole/Lindsay etc. in 20 years with all their hunchbacks.

Yep!

My MIL worked on a farm & as a carer all her life, apparently she was a very strong woman (physically as well as mentally!); now she's 76, has managed to stave off osteoparosis, but has scoliosis and you can see her spine turning in at the top.
    My sis was diagnosed with it & does special exercises to keep the muscles toned.
    For girls doing no exercise I only see them having bone health problems when they are older.

I guess I'm just more aware of this as I have to look out for my own bone health.

What I love about her figure is that she has square shoulders and a small waist. EVEN if her waist has been photo shopped, her shoulders will always give her that V shape, which let me tell you at that age takes work. I lasted a good long time and now at 47 the one thing I work hard at is my waistline. What works for me is constantly changing my diet around and the treadmill. It's harder when you're short as well.

I really hope that Valerie keeps it up. It's such hard work and she looks so great. It's really nice to be able to wear pretty clothes your whole life should you want to.

Bo Derek said that when she was in the movie 10, she wore a sized (american) 14 jacket and size 6 trousers. That's a V-Shape!

A*O

My mother is 75 and has always been very fit and active. A recent bone density test showed she has the bones of a 45yr old which is partly luck and genetics, but also because she works out 3 times a week and walks 2-3 miles per day. She's reaping the benefits of looking after herself when she was younger. In fact she tripped and fell a couple of weeks ago and in theory should have broken her hip and shoulder but because she has such good bones she suffered only bruising. It hurt like hell for a few days but shattering those joints would probably have left her a permanent invalid.
    If all the women in this place were laid end to end, I wouldn’t be surprised - Dorothy Parker

Honestly, I'd be thrilled to have Valerie's unphotoshopped body now and I'm in my early 30s. There's no damn way I could (or should) have my ass on the cover of People in a bikini right now, so I take my hat off to her.

Valerie's bikini photoshoot on Oprah. She looks fantastic.
    Toned, curvy and real. I saw why her face looks different. It was because they put so much bronzer on her and I'm 99% percent sure she had her teeth veneered. I remember when she was on One Day at a Time how she had long, thin looking legs in her Jordache jeans

Marie Osmond was also on. Marie lost 45 pounds and it showed. Everything slimmed down from her round face to her her breasts. I wish she didn't have those ridiculous extensions. Personally, I'm glad to see pre-menopausal women able to pull it together when all you hear is that it's impossible. They worked hard.

I was interesting to watch Oprah with Star Jones. Oprah's eyes were filled with tears and her lip was quivering at times. It was as if she was sitting with all these over 45 women seeing their results and hard work and wanting to do it all over again, and sad that she herself couldn't maintain it. It was half sadness half envy maybe.

Yeah,Valerie was spray tanned to oblivion,it made her look different.Marie got really skinny,but those horrible extensions!
    eat a hot bowl of dicks.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread Information