Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Uruguayan model dies on the catwalk

Default Re: Uruguayan model dies on the catwalk

I agree, potassium inbalance. How very sad.

Hit By Ban Bus! AliceInWonderland's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Grimmlok View Post
    *shrugs*

More bleach for thee human gene pool.
    EX-FUCKING-ACTLY!

She really doesn't look thinner than any other models. And this is the standard for beauty. Insane.

Another dead model.
    I'm tired of all this nonsense about beauty being only skin-deep.
    That's deep enough. What do you want, an adorable pancreas?---Jean Kerr

Hit By Ban Bus! AliceInWonderland's Avatar

wOw those are hot!

Elite Member

Twiglet legs....

Debate over Uruguayan model's cause of death

17:13 H | Topics: Controversia - Fashion - Health - Uruguay

Last week we told you about a Uruguayan model, Luisel Ramos, who died of a heart attack while on the catwalk during Fashion Week in Montevideo. According to her father, the model had been starving herself for days, but now others have come forward to dispute that allegation, including her boyfriend who had dined with her the day night before the fashion show.
    ...amongst the pain of yesterday, after Luisel's burial, her boyfriend Hairo Berrondo clarified that this [the starving] wasn't true. Berrondo said that he has known her for ten years, and that he's been her boyfriend for two and a half.
    "The night before the fashion show we went out to eat pizza, with two friends of hers...she had a diet soft drink but ate well," he said.
    In response to the different versions of the story being circulated by the media, the model's boyfriend confirmed that "[Luisel] was neither anorexic nor bulimic."
    Berrondo also dicsounted the possibility of her doing drugs or being an alcoholic. "She didn't even drink beer," he said.
    According to Spain's 20 Minutos, an autopsy proved that the model did not suffer from an eating disorder nor was she addicted to drugs or alcohol.

Via / La Nación
    Source-VivirLatino

Images that come up on Google when you type in her name-

Now I bet that all the ninnys on pro-ana websites deify her as some sort of goddess

Exclamation Re: Uruguayan model dies on the catwalk

Hum, maybe that should say something to society about how much we value being thin.
    Sugar... The real gateway drug

The sad thing is that she's the typical size for a runway model.
    I'm tired of all this nonsense about beauty being only skin-deep.
    That's deep enough. What do you want, an adorable pancreas?---Jean Kerr

Bronze Member

Does anyone know the name of the Uruguayan model?

UUmmm... nevermind... just scrolled down... sorry guys.

Well, the boyfriend thought she was eating. She might have been puking afterwards for all we know. Pity about the girl. I wish anorexic girls would take notice. Terri Schiavo was also a victim of anorexia even though her family tried to play it down.

I'm still betting she either purged and whacked out her Pottassium level or used some type of tap water enema and messed up her electrolytes that way. yes some people do drop dead of sudden cardiac arrhythmias, but it is very rare in someone her age.

Her vocabulary was as bad as, like, whatever.

If only she'd eaten a banana..
    I am from the American CIA and I have a radio in my head. I am going to kill you.

Quote Originally Posted by Grimmlok View Post
    If only she'd eaten a banana..
    Maybe that's what the boyfriend fed her for dinner......and why Dad insisted that she was NOT eating.....

Bronze Member

Hi there. I thought of chiming in because I actually am Uruguayan, so I heard the news first hand.

The day following her death, it was big news in the radio what had happened.

I must tell you that nobody here has yet information that one could consider official or completely reliable. There's a lot of speculation, but no certainties about whether or not she had been starving herself. Could be, could be not. The forensic police maybe has some clue, but it is not something that was made public, in any case.

I personally had never heard of her... nor heard anyone talk about her, so I don't have a personal opinion neither.

On a sidenote, I work in the cardiac field and there *is* such a thing as sudden death out of a heart attack in young people. Without looking far , I personally know of two families who lost their kids (a young lady who was 15 and a young boy who was 18) out of a sudden heart attack. And had a friend of my SO who died in the same manner, at 20 something, two years ago, although this guy in particular suffered from high blood pressure...

Someone young can die of a heart attack and not have had any telltale symptoms before or anything that would be a warning... sometimes those young people die "just because" (BTW, this sudden type of death in young people seem to be more "common" in people around 15-20, usually neither before nor after... then the risk of a heart attack increases as you get "old" and/or depending on your health habits). Others have underlying heart conditions that went undetected or asymptomatic for years.

All that said, I have no clue of this lady's eating habits and honestly had not heard what the article states her father said, nor what her boyfriend says. I am not 100% that those statements were made at all, since we all here should have heard them in the news...but who knows...

One thing that the forensic police did officialy state, though, was that no "strange" susbstance was found in her body (no drugs of any kind nor medication of any kind, apparently).

We still know little if anything other than what I said just above (no drugs in her system). If I hear something more, I'll let you know, but I would not risk to say that she had bad eating habits yet.. there really hasn't been any sort of "gossiping" about it here. Out of respect for her (especially as I honestly had not even heard of her), I prefer not to get an opinion on whether or not starvation was involved before I hear some official statement of some sort from the police or the family.

On a sidenote, she didn't die on the catwalk, that's not absolutely true. She died right after she had walked by the catwalk,when going back to the backstage area. So the drama was not one for everyone to see during the show. All people there (models/ people in the backstage) have stated that they had not noticed anything weird about her, nor that she ever said she felt weird or sick or dizzy or anything. It's still a mystery.

I hope an eating disorder had nothing to do with this... to die because of it would be as tragic as stupid ... but since we don't know yet, I just can feel sorry for her and her family... and for her, period, as the people who worked with her and were interviewed all stated that she was very professional and very appreciated among her coworkers. One of the top models here was actually very touched and she was crying. She said the girl was an amazing girl and was truly, truly upset. It makes me think that she was not a catty silly model, but a professional indeed.
    By the way, this model who was so upset and is probably our "top model" is someone that close friends have been friends with and still are friends with... she is very nice (the model who was crying about her death) and very humble... so I have a hard time believing that Castro (the top model who is nice) would be so touched by the death of this girl if she was not a good person herself.

In any case, she was not too known by us "mere mortals" who do not live in or around the Uruguayan fashion world... and my personal opinion is that she would have been (sadly) more known among Uruguayans if she had been someone famous for being catty or difficult or whatever. (This is a very small country and when a model is a diva or has a catty character, you learn about it soon, because you always find someone -hairdresser, makeup artist, whatever- who knows her, or neighbors, or schoolmates... we are just 1.5 million people in the capital, so it's hard not to know someone indirectly at least).

We'll see. If I find out something I will let you know.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread Information