Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 2345678 LastLast

Thread: Tyra Banks speaks out about her weight gain

Quote Originally Posted by Daphne View Post
    I do wear designer sometimes but not always. I'm usually an 8 or 10 petite at places like Ann Taylor and Banana Republic. I can go as high as a regular 10 or 12 depending on what fits. My hips are 36 inches. Even if I lost 15lbs, I'd still have 36 inch hips. My bust is 36 inches, though, so I'm proportional.
    ANN TAYLOR....

Dont worry Daphne 135 is by nooooo means anywhere close to fat that is just the most ridiculous thing ever and anyone who says it is or who says a 10 is "freaking huge" is just contributing to girls all around the world who right this very minute are starving themselves or sticking there finger down there throat... trust me I know..comments like that hurt..."sticks and stones can break your bones but words can make a girl starve herself to death"....remember that people

Quote Originally Posted by brittnicore View Post
    ANN TAYLOR....
    Yes, I'm an 8-10 at Ann Taylor and Banana Republic and a 10-12 at Marc Jacobs.

Well, I'm not a tall size 10, so I guess I am morbidly obese. I'm of average height, about 5'6. I'm curvy and tend to have a big ass, so that's why I wear a 10. And in my heavier days, I even wore 14s, so I guess back then I was definitely morbidly obese.

Oh please. I never said a ten wwould put its wearer even close to obese, much less morbidly so. But a 10, in the US, right here, right now is frikin huge. Get over yourselves already. If this truth makes someone stick their finger down their throat then they have serious issues with being overly hypersensitive and it has nothing to do with me. I have ten's in MY closet for chrissakes! Some of them are vintage sizes from my mother's time so believe me I know of what I speak.
    My Posts Have Won Awards. Can Any Of You Claim The Same? -ur_next_ex

"I don't have pet peeves. I have major psychotic fucking hatreds, okay". ~George Carlin

Theres a certain member on this board who always says things I find incredibly rude and insulting and have on my ignore list. Kind of defeats the purpose when people quote what they say and that shows up but the original post doesn't.
    I would almost go as far to say as someone calling someone who wears a size ten freaking huge, a personal attack, especially when they have no idea what the person looks like.
    Anyway, back to TOPIC, I think Tyra looks fantastic, and I saw her show yesterday and she was beautiful in that (ugly) swimsuit. It even brought a tear to my eye when she went apeshit.

Quote Originally Posted by flecjill View Post
    Theres a certain member on this board who always says things I find incredibly rude and insulting and have on my ignore list. Kind of defeats the purpose when people quote what they say and that shows up but the original post doesn't.
    I would almost go as far to say as someone calling someone who wears a size ten freaking huge, a personal attack, especially when they have no idea what the person looks like.Anyway, back to TOPIC, I think Tyra looks fantastic, and I saw her show yesterday and she was beautiful in that (ugly) swimsuit. It even brought a tear to my eye when she went apeshit.
    I agree. That's why I did not do this.

"I don't have pet peeves. I have major psychotic fucking hatreds, okay". ~George Carlin

Quote Originally Posted by Daphne View Post
    I do wear designer sometimes but not always. I'm usually an 8 or 10 petite at places like Ann Taylor and Banana Republic. I can go as high as a regular 10 or 12 depending on what fits. My hips are 38 inches. Even if I lost 15lbs, I'd still have 38 inch hips. My bust is 37 inches, though, so I'm proportional.
    Now that you gave me an example of where you shop that sorta explains it. At least at those places a 10 is close to what a 10 actually is in other countries and used to be here. I'm more low end than you these days (Gap, Old Navy and even Target), but no matter how you wanna slice and dice it, a 10 is way bigger than it used to be. If this hurts the feelings of size ten wearers (it doesn't bother my ass when I'm wearing something this size and it fits) then I hate it for them and maybe it's some consolation that the sizing has changed. Hell, I know I feel better putting on something with a smaller number on the label. This has actually been discussed many times before in other threads. I think I'm just the bad guy here because I put "frikin huge" and "size 10" in the same sentence and some people took that to mean something about people who wear this size. But I've got a pair of jeans from 1982 that are a size 12 that fit about the same as a pair of size 8's (same brand and cut) that are only a year old.

She looked like such a moron on her show. I think her whole speech would have been okay but the fake tears, come on.

I also know from experience that a size 10 is NOT "freaking huge" so I know what Im talking about

I know a 10 is not "frikin huge" either. I'm a curvy, healthy, girl;I am not a shrunken midget. Anyway, I am putting a certain person on ignore pronto!

Quote Originally Posted by ediebrooks View Post
    Well, I'm not a tall size 10, so I guess I am morbidly obese. I'm of average height, about 5'6. I'm curvy and tend to have a big ass, so that's why I wear a 10. And in my heavier days, I even wore 14s, so I guess back then I was definitely morbidly obese.
    You and I are close. I'm 5'7 and wear 8's and 10's. Not skinny, not fat.
    My ass is big, but the boys don't seem to mind and neither do I.

I can see what Mrs. Dark is saying though, when I was wearing 6's I thought a sz 10 was pretty dang big.

Now I just think it's luscious.

Nobody seems to have a problem with my curves, either. Anyone who doesn't like them can just shove off.

Curves are beautiful! If some man considers them to be "fat" then let him have his bag of bones. He's not worth your time.
    Seriously though, I've heard several men say that they can't stand skinny b/c the sharp hip bones give them bruises. And I've yet to meet a man who doesn't appreciate a nice full bottom. Trust me, they like it.

In general, the super skinny look only impresses other women.

**Disclaimer: I am in NO way trying to put down skinny women. Just saying that us girls with a little more cushion can be very sexy and desirable too!

I suspect there are some size 0 or 2 women in this world that would find a size 6 or 8 huge, even though I think most people would find a size 6, 8 or even a 10 slim.
    “What are you looking at, sugar-tits?” - Mel Gibson

Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 2345678 LastLast

Thread Information