Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: Tyra Banks speaks out about her weight gain

If I had never seen Tyra in my life and I would see her on the street the way she is now i would think she is very beautiful.

Quote Originally Posted by ediebrooks View Post
    A US 10 is "frikin huge"? That's news to me. I wear a 10, and although I am curvy and by no means thin, I'm not obese either.
    I totally agree with you.

A U.S. size 10 is not huge by any means. Like everything else regarding size and weight, a lot depends on your height, muscle and how heavy your bones are.

I know several women that are size 10 that appear very slim and are fit.
    What are you looking at, sugar-tits? - Mel Gibson

Quote Originally Posted by MrsDark View Post
    If we're talking about a US 10 (which is frikin huge) then I agree.
    But isn't she nearly 6 feet tall? A woman who is 5'10 and wears a US size 10 doesn't sound fat at all IMO.

Elite Member

a US size 10 is an AUS 14/UK 12 and that isnt big at all. Plenty of fit trim healthy girls are that size.

I agree that if she's 5'10 then a size 14 is probably a good size for her. I mean, christ, she probably would get ripped just as bad if she were skinny.
    "Don't think that sticking your boobs out and trying to look fuckable will help. Remember your in a rock and roll band. It's not "Fuck Me", It's "Fuck You!"
    Chrissie Hynde

pretending to be a lurker but I'm not quiet enough

Did anyone catch ET last night? There was a segment on Tyra or a snippet from her show or something. I missed it cuz I was flipping the channel and only caught the ending. Anyways, she was wearing the same swimsuit in the pic posted in this thread and was standing beside the tabloid pic of her looking huge and she didn't look big like that AT ALL. She didn't have those thick thighs like in the tabloid pic. So maybe just maybe it was photoshopped. I didn't catch the whole segment so I don't know. Maybe it'll be on her talk show soon where she'll be discussing her weight and the picture in question.

If you think it's crazy, you ain't seen a thing. Just wait until we're goin down in flames.

Elite Member

I think it was just the angle that they had taken the photos at. THey do that a lot, wait for the perfect unflattering angle to loom and bam! I know that the tyra tirade is on YOu tube moomies.
    "Don't think that sticking your boobs out and trying to look fuckable will help. Remember your in a rock and roll band. It's not "Fuck Me", It's "Fuck You!"
    Chrissie Hynde

Did anyone see her show? There was a clip on TMZ or dlisted. Can't remember which. It was hilarious. She had this freak out session (complete with hair whipping in her face) about those who called her fat. It was a sight to see.

i saw it and it was pretty bad.take a look at a small portion:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VJ5unYaNd3c
    Last edited by latinaforever; February 1st, 2007 at 11:14 PM.
    When you're strange
    Faces come out of the rain

Quote Originally Posted by ediebrooks View Post
    A US 10 is "frikin huge"? That's news to me. I wear a 10, and although I am curvy and by no means thin, I'm not obese either.
    Perhaps I could have phrased that differently. Didn't mean to imply that a size ten wearer would necessarily be obese. Especially if one is tall. But a size ten...here in the US...is indeed rather on the large side.
    My Posts Have Won Awards. Can Any Of You Claim The Same? -ur_next_ex

"I don't have pet peeves. I have major psychotic fucking hatreds, okay". ~George Carlin

Quote Originally Posted by Laurent View Post
    A U.S. size 10 is not huge by any means. Like everything else regarding size and weight, a lot depends on your height, muscle and how heavy your bones are.

I know several women that are size 10 that appear very slim and are fit.
    I do too. And they're almost all over 5'7". A US size ten is huge. Period. Go anywhere else in the world and shop and you'll see. Now don't go anyone go ballistic on me and think I'm saying your average size ten wearer would be anywhere near obese (well, actually...they could be) but it is definitely not small.

"I don't have pet peeves. I have major psychotic fucking hatreds, okay". ~George Carlin

Quote Originally Posted by Lani View Post
    a US size 10 is an AUS 14/UK 12 and that isnt big at all. Plenty of fit trim healthy girls are that size.

I agree that if she's 5'10 then a size 14 is probably a good size for her. I mean, christ, she probably would get ripped just as bad if she were skinny.
    Actually, I think Tyra looks great even now. My only issue that I'd want to "rip on" her for is not being honest. If you are going to start throwing out numbers, at least be truthful (or you are doing the same harm to those girls you purport to want to help "save" from the evil fashion industry/media). I'd respect her more if she kept her weight/size to herself. If this chick is even a US size ten then I'm a negative 4.

I do too. And they're almost all over 5'7". A US size ten is huge. Period. Go anywhere else in the world and shop and you'll see. Now don't go anyone go ballistic on me and think I'm saying your average size ten wearer would be anywhere near obese (well, actually...they could be) but it is definitely not small.
    Yes, because at 135lbs and 5'4", I'm so obese.

I'm not sure where you're finding these tiny 10's in the US then. Do you buy designer clothing by chance? I'm two inches shorter than you and at that weight I could wear a US 6 in jeans and unless I just washed the fuckers they were loose enough that I could probably reach into the waistband and scratch my ass with both hands.

I'm not sure where you're finding these tiny 10's in the US then. Do you buy designer clothing by chance? I'm two inches shorter than you and at that weight I could wear a US 6 in jeans and unless I just washed the fuckers they were loose enough that I could probably reach into the waistband and scratch my ass with both hands.
    I do wear designer sometimes but not always. I'm usually an 8 or 10 petite at places like Ann Taylor and Banana Republic. I can go as high as a regular 10 or 12 depending on what fits. My hips are 38 inches. Even if I lost 15lbs, I'd still have 38 inch hips. My bust is 37 inches, though, so I'm proportional.
    Last edited by Daphne; February 2nd, 2007 at 02:45 AM. Reason: ETA: My hips are 38 not 36, as is my bust.

Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread Information