Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Thread: Tyra Banks speaks out about her weight gain

Quote Originally Posted by Dean James View Post
    By all means Tyra, eat all the ho-hos, twinkies, and ding-dongs you want. Who cares.
    word, stop parading yourself on magazine covers making yourself out to be some hero and inspiration. Lots of normal females weigh what she does, who gives a flying diet coke? If she wants to pig out and stuff her face let her who cares.

pretending to be a lurker but I'm not quiet enough

I think her weight gain was gradual so it's not like she all of a sudden started pigging out.

I also agree with others that she is not fat.

If you think it's crazy, you ain't seen a thing. Just wait until we're goin down in flames.

I don't care about her weight, I just think its nice to see someone with a good self-esteem regarding their own particular weight. I think if you're happy with whatever you weigh, good for you. I love Queen Latifah although she's considerably overweight, I think she just shines, and she's obviously comfortable where she is. Same with Kate Hudson or other skinny women. Just work with what you have, be happy, who cares. Who am I to judge.

i'm glad she's honest about her weight and doesn't pull the BS (aka Kirstie alley).
    Tyra's very tall for a woman, so 161 is anything but fat.

Elite Member

I get so much mail from young girls who say, 'I look up to you, you're not as skinny as everyone else, I think you're beautiful,' " she says. "So when they say that my body is 'ugly' and 'disgusting,' what does that make those girls feel like?"
    I remember going though that stage recently 'oh my god, so-and-so is my size and weight and they call her FAT? so that must mean I am too!'. Its hard, we compare ourselves to everyone else. We're programmed to hate ourselves. Its sad, its so so sad.
    "Don't think that sticking your boobs out and trying to look fuckable will help. Remember your in a rock and roll band. It's not "Fuck Me", It's "Fuck You!"
    Chrissie Hynde

It's good and all that she's comfortable in her own skin, but for the love of our lord Tom Cruise, can she STOP doing 'modeling demonstrations' on ANTM? We know her body is no longer model-standard, she admitted it's not, so what is the point of her team of sycophants gushing about how she's the bestest model EVA except to appeal to her ego? Oh wait, answered my own question.

she's not fat but she does have a humongous forehead and looks like an alien, and she has a huge ego and is obnoxious and on her show she's like a braindead oprah on crack and i can't believe there are people out there that relate to this moron.
    I'm open to everything. When you start to criticise the times you live in, your time is over. - Karl Lagerfeld

Hit By Ban Bus!

I do. I like her. With good reason.

In that photo she probably does weigh about 160# and doesn't look bad at all. In those black bathing suit beach photos that surfaced last month though I'm betting she weighed about 20# more! So maybe she's not totally lying in that article but she's still full of shit. She needs to make up her mind here. If it really is no one's business and she's happy about how she looks then she should just tell people to fuck off however polite (or not) you please and don't divulge at all because it's better than lying and making yourself look bad.
    My Posts Have Won Awards. Can Any Of You Claim The Same? -ur_next_ex

"I don't have pet peeves. I have major psychotic fucking hatreds, okay". ~George Carlin

Quote Originally Posted by flecjill View Post
    Well thats great and all but she's lying. In 2005 I saw her show and got a magazine she was in and she said she weighed 150 lbs currently and 120 in her modeling days. 30 pounds. Ok she says she's 161 pounds. So thats a 41 lb gain, not 30. I also think she weighs more than 161 in that photo. I had a friend who at 5'8 weighed 160 and was pretty slender looking and wore a size 10. So she wears a 32 inch waist, anyone know what dress size that would be? She looks to me to be about 190 lbs, which at 5'10 sounds right if she wears a 32 inch waist.
    I think that would make her a size 14 (UK), I think that's a size 10 in the US.

Default Tyra Banks is *GASP* 161 lbs.!!

On her hit show America's Next Top Model, Tyra Banks has always stressed the importance of body confidence but it still hurt when tabloids ran an unflattering photo of her in a bathing suit under headlines that screamed, "America's Next Top Waddle" and "Tyra Porkchop."

Now, for the first time in an exclusive interview with PEOPLE, Banks, 33, is publicly discussing her much-buzzed-about weight gain. "I get so much mail from young girls who say, 'I look up to you, you're not as skinny as everyone else, I think you're beautiful,' " she says. "So when they say that my body is 'ugly' and 'disgusting,' what does that make those girls feel like?"

As for how Banks feels about her own 5'10" body which she says is at 161 lbs. these days, about 30 lbs. heavier than when she landed on the cover of Sports Illustrated's swimsuit issue in 1997 she says: "I still feel hot, but every day is different. It's when I put on the jeans that used to fit a year ago and don't fit now and give me the muffin top, that's when I say, 'Damn!' "

In other words, yes: She has put on weight, though not nearly as much as those recent tabloid stories suggested. (Banks believes the pix were snapped at an unflattering angle.) "She has a very womanly, gorgeous body that goes up and down," says her good friend Heidi Klum.

In fact, Banks says that since she retired from modeling in 2005, the number on the scale has fluctuated from 148 lbs. to 162 lbs., depending on how well she is taking care of herself. "I feel more comfortable when I'm lighter I sleep better, I snore less, I have more endurance when I work out, my arms look better," she admits.

Still, she isn't freaking out about wearing size 32-waist jeans or about "the fat roll" she claims to have on her back. (Her biggest source of figure angst is her size-DD breasts, which she says make it hard to find clothes that fit: "I would love for them to be a size and a half smaller.")

But, she adds, "I've made millions of dollars with the body I have, so where's the pain in that? If I was in pain, I would have dieted. The pain is not there the pain is someone printing a picture of me and saying those (horrible) things."

In fact, it appears that by adding a little padding, Banks the businesswoman has earned a bit of credibility: Her talk show is now entering its second season, and the most recent season of Top Model delivered its strongest ratings ever. "(TV execs) think it's better when I'm at 155 lbs. at 145, they feel I'm not as relatable," she explains.

Besides, Banks is having a lot more fun these days eating the pancakes off a friend's plate at IHOP than trying to fit into designer sample sizes. Of course, if someone would come up with a miracle cure for cellulite, she's not above admitting she'd be first in line. "I think every woman," she says, "would want to do something about their cellulite!"

www.people.com

She looks good - she is blessed to have a body that distributes weight well. Nice that she isn't ashamed to admit she doesn't weigh 135 anymore.

Quote Originally Posted by kitson View Post
    I think that would make her a size 14 (UK), I think that's a size 10 in the US.
    Kitson, loving your Avatar! Mighty indeed.

sorry. Totally off topic.

Hit By Ban Bus!

No freaking way is that a U.S. size 10. More like 12 or even 14 depending upon how her weight is distributed. But again, I'd have to see her in person to judge size accurately.

Hit By Ban Bus!

Haven''t we already been discussing this on another thread?

Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Thread Information