Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Tyra Banks in a bathing suit: skinny wrists, big thighs (01/03/2007)

Hit By Ban Bus!

that pic of Jennifer Garner is NOT 170 lbs. I don't pay any attention to these ridiculous skanky articles. Notice how they have a bad look on Tyra's face in the "overweight" photo. Like it's bad to be a FEW pounds heavier than before. These stars always gain and lose, just like we do. Very few of them stay CONSTANTLY fit and lean. Suck eggs, Star Mag.

Quote Originally Posted by Mira View Post
    I do not think Tyra Banks is one bit overweight. She is proportionate for her size. It's just the cultural norm at the moment to think anything even slightly "thick" is "overweight"
    Did you look at the bathing suit pic that was referred to in the title? There's no dancing around it...she is definitely overweight in those pics. And not even in a way where she still looks fit or is carrying it well.

Now I agree that under ordinary circumstances (i.e. NOT HERE) Tyra looks great and not at all like she is overweight (or overfat...that would be a better term) even though she is and has always been...even at her thinnest...considered *thick* or *big* in comparison to other models.

I actually took this tale with a grain of salt here and elsewhere until I clicked on the pics! She is bigger than I've ever seen her here. There is no way that she can be considered "slightly thick" here. She is overweight/overfat here and not even in a proportional way. I am not even one who thinks women should be stick thin to be attractive either (I find the large majority of female celebs would benefit from 10# extra gained the right way) and I am saying this.
    My Posts Have Won Awards. Can Any Of You Claim The Same? -ur_next_ex

"I don't have pet peeves. I have major psychotic fucking hatreds, okay". ~George Carlin

Hit By Ban Bus!

I just took a photo of myself taken yesterday and added 20 lbs to it. Even if the photos aren't altered, she's still not fat. Maybe not thick, but she's not fat either. I call what she looks like now "chunky" heading toward fat.

I'm looking at the size of that middle. She's always had thick (but toned) legs and big boobs, which were accentuated by her also being "little in the middle", thus the hourglass figure she was once famed for. I am looking at a very thick middle with barely any disparity in size between waist and boobs by comparison to how she used to (and ordinarily does) look. It honestly looks like the waist of a woman who had a baby and hasn't gone back down yet. Good thing she is wearing that grandma-type one piece with presumably some support in the middle (have one similar I wore the summer after having a kid) or we might be seeing rolls instead of a neatly compressed barrel. But even discounting the huge midsection the rest of her...even the proportionately smaller parts like arms...looks puffy and soft and round. Legs, face, arms. Sorry to say it, but she's fat. Disgustingly, grossly so? Not quite. And I'm sure it's probably temporary.
    My Posts Have Won Awards. Can Any Of You Claim The Same? -ur_next_ex

"I don't have pet peeves. I have major psychotic fucking hatreds, okay". ~George Carlin

Hit By Ban Bus!

The person who writes Egotastic should remember that Tyra has retired from modeling, which she has stated that she wanted to do. That's why she wasn't in the Victoria's Secret show this year. I think she's actually pretty damn good at the talk show shtick. I loved her piece on homelessness. She's becoming a damn good broadcast journalist, like Lisa Ling did. You go, girl!

not to be rude, but u know its bad news when shes wearing a ONE-PIECE i can only imagine what the belly looks like

She's gained some weight, but doesn't look that bad IMO. Can't entirely blame it on the swim suit, but that one certainly doesn't do her any favors. Strapless is not good for her body type.

Honestly though, it's not her body that looks weird to me-- it's the fact that she's about to go swimming (?) wearing a full face of make-up and hair extensions. Seems like she'd at least put it up in a ponytail. Unless maybe she's trying to hide her body with it or something.

Hit By Ban Bus!

I'm a very long-time longhair and some of us longhairs hate putting our hair up. For any reason.

^^^ Mira, I've got long hair too, but hers looks fake or something. Like she shouldn't be getting it wet out there in the pool or wherever she is.

I like to wear mine down, but I can't if it's humid out or else it turns into a giant puffball!!!

Well I hope these are fake 'cause this weight does not look good for her, porportionally, or healthy by any means. She's always had a really great body-- not even "thick" imo--healthy & sexy (as opposed to the stick thin/harsh boney models).
    If indeed these are real, it is sad to see her letting go of her body at what is still a young age (30s?). Hopefully its only temp!

^^Her long hair is def fake.
    askdlutiaosjv

SVZ

She made a vow to never have her pictures photoshopped again

Bronze Member

Ummz sorry but that is "aarrrgghhh scary" If i was a celebrity i would make sure i was never caught wearing a bathing suit like that! Ewww! =0/
    "Be strong minded and always think that the impossible is possible."

Hmmm, I wouldn't class her as obese but she is overweight at the moment.

She's worked hard to be a model throughout her career, so if she wants to kick back and relax then I am not one to chastise her.

In that photo, she is plenitudinous.........

lets guess her weight

since she's so tall im going with 190

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread Information