Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Tyra Banks addresses the unflattering swimsuit photos

Hit By Ban Bus!

Tyra made a lot of money being a model.

I don't think she cared what her body image did to young girls when she was raking in the dough.

Sorry, I don't buy the new "enlightened" Tyra.

YouTube - Tyra confronts her fat tabloid photos (Part 1)

Full clip from the show...

the beginning of the clip (that wasnt included in the one I originally posted) definitely says to me "Look at how not fat I am" and not "Its okay to be full figured" The "I only gained 10lbs" doesnt say to me "Its okay to be bigger!" it says "Seriously guys I'm not fat okay?!?! so quit calling me that!!!"

Also, she has to have something helping her out under that swimsuit, because seriously, in the tabloid pictures her boobs are a whole lot lower than they are when shes on stage...

People applauding her for taking a stance "for" full figured women is a bunch of crap, because shes obviously hates the idea of being fat, and is trying to prove how not fat she is but trying to hide it behind this "oh tabloids making young women anorexic" crusade.
    Dramatically overdramatic

Oh for fucks sake, all she is saying is 'I did not gain 40 pounds, i did not gain 40 pounds, i am not fat'. She is all 'me, me, me'. The opening of the show is HILARIOUS. Whats with the dramatic guys voice? THE WHOLE WORLD SAW THESE PHOTOS. THEY SAW THE HEADLINES. TYRA PORK CHOPS. AMERICAS NEXT TOP WADDLE. :rofl; Clearly she was more concerned that the world saw that photo and thought she looked fat, then she preaches this 'be happy in your own skin' bullshit. In that case why did she have to go on tv and say she DID NOT GAIN that much weight, if it doesn't matter what other people think, give me a break. Bloody ridiculous.

And this is so true (from idontlikeyouinthatway.com)
    Tyra thought it would be a good idea to respond to the people who called her a fat ass because of recent "unflattering" bathing suit photos by wearing the same swimsuit. The same swimsuit only in a different size because it's obvious she starved herself for about two weeks so she could preach to us about self esteem. I guess things are a little different now that she's 161 pounds. What she says is powerful and will almost make you cry until you realize she's made millions from perpetuating the stuff she's now complaining about. If a girl who looked like Tyra showed up at an America's Next Top Model audition, I wonder if Tyra would even wait to put down the turkey leg and syrup before she pulled the lever to the trap door.
    Last edited by DitaPage*; February 5th, 2007 at 12:37 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by We're_just_friends View Post
    Tyra made a lot of money being a model.

I don't think she cared what her body image did to young girls when she was raking in the dough.

Sorry, I don't buy the new "enlightened" Tyra.
    Leopard, I dont think those spots are flattering in those photos, maybe you should change.

Seriously WTF how many people have developed an eating disorder after seeing photos of her in her prime

Quote Originally Posted by Picara View Post
    Gah, who really cares Tyra? She made such a huge deal over some candid pics. I saw her on LKL saying that they were photoshopped. She was totally freaking out over them. Just like when she had a physician come on her show and say her breasts were real. Tyra, no one cares all that much.
    I agree. I saw that clip where she's screaming that the paps can "kiss my fat ass". She was making such a big deal of it, just like she did about everyone supposedly thinking her boobs are fake. She seems to want to be another Oprah, but Tyra is ultimately all about Tyra. I imagine a lot of performers are like this. But I still enjoy her talk show and ANTM.

I can't believe I just watched the whole 9 minute clip of that. She is so full of herself and then some.

Did anyone else laugh at that dramatic opening? THE WHOLE WORLD SAW THESE PHOTOS-... Talk about drama queen.

Hit By Ban Bus!

if she annoyed me before, i can't stand her now. she's boring and has goat eyes. i couldn't care less if tyra exploded but i wish she's just her fat mouth. one thing that doesn't seem to concern her is dignity. she's dirty.

I honestly dont even get the "Tyra Porkchops" one. I mean, calling tyra fat is always funny, but I dont get why that one is supposed to be funny...I think a play on words would have been more clever like "Tyras Flanks" or "Tyra: big as a Tank" or "Tyra Cankles" or "Tyra Banks on us not noticing how fat shes gotten" or "Tyra Franks"
    Dramatically overdramatic

Im sorry but her little rant was so FAKE with the CRYING. She was not really crying. Just hyping shit up for ratings!

I know fake crying when I see it.

Nobody loves Tyra more than Tyra herself. Hell, the ANTM house is a shrine to herself. I love ANTM though, Tyra's ego is so fun to watch.

She's great. You can tell her statement was real, not only for rating, because it was emotional. She doesn't say things only because that's what people want to hear (not all the time anyway) and she speaks well and she's very accessible and that's what make people like her so much.

Um, I would have never known about this episode of TYRA.HAd it not been for the internet.I could care less, about how fat/slim she is. She seems pretty neurotic though, somebody get her crazy pills!
    My goal is to be happy with my life.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information