Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: Thin city: Eating disorders in Hollywood

Default Re: Thin city: Eating disorders in Hollywood

^ VS has stopped carrying DD's in the store now as well, or at least that's what one of my customers told me. I haven't stopped by to check it out b/c I'm a 40DDD too and it's pretty obvious I could never fit in any bra they stock, I get weird looks when I go in there.

Hit By Ban Bus! AliceInWonderland's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by NoDayButToday
    For all y'all talking about big DDD's vs. small DDD's I can provide you the reason (seriously-part of my job is bra fitting). OK, so the way you get a bra size is the difference in inches from rib cage to the fullest part of your bust. BUT, there is also a weird/cool measuring thing going on. For every extra size in the band, it gives another inch in the cup. SO, a 32DDD has a cup the size of a 36D or a 38C. That can also be helpful if you wear 1 size and a store is sold out of it and you REALLY need something then. Start fudging with the numbers to make it work.

mmmmmmmm very interesting

Well yeah, it's definitely a desperate situation only thing. I have one bra that I love that doesn't come in a DDD cup, so I do need to do that trick for it so I can have the bra, but otherwise I wouldn't do it.

Hit By Ban Bus! AliceInWonderland's Avatar

so what you're saying is that I'm a 32B but also a 34A?
    yeah i guess that makes sense

Silver Member

Try being 4'10" and a 36G thanks to currently breastfeeding. Nursing bras give you horrible support, so I just went to a specialty shop to find some nice, supportive bras. I'm hoping that once I finishing breastfeeding that I'll lose some of this chest. I'm not a big person anywhere but my chest, and I look way out of proportion. Wasn't so bad when I was a 34DD pre-pregnancy, now it's ridiculous.

Silver Member

your proportions are deff better then me! try 30 AA and, and you will always comehome empty handed. both in bra section, and guy section ))
    just kiddin. i think women are beautiful in all shapes.

There is no way my breasts are fitting into a D or C cup anything no matter how many inches! I must get my DDD and I must try it on. I have found that even when I try on the same brand, style and size, in different colors, they fit differently. And, I cannot wear those demi cup bras no matter if they are in my size or not. The cup runneth over!!!!!

OMG, 36 G?????!!!!!!! this is what scares me about ever becoming pregnant!

Elite Member

I dont know what I'd be in US sizes but here I was a 18 FF. Thank god for the magic of breast reductions.

Elite Member

To me that would only be helpful if I truly NEEDED something RIGHT THEN....because if the bra is too big around its just about as uncomfortable to me as when the cup size is too small.
    It's a decent way of getting the bra you want but can't have if you're willing to make some alterations, though. I'm an 80D, sometimes F in European sizing - I think that'd translate to 36D/DD in American/UK sizes? A lot of nice bras don't go beyond a C-cup, so I sometimes buy bras in 85C or 90C and alter the sides and/or back to fit me, so that I can get the right size and wear the bra anyway.

It's really very easy to make that alteration; you just sew it in, either in the sides or in the back between the straps, or you can remove the fastening, cut away an inch or two from the center back of the bra and put the hook and eye parts back. Having the straps placed closer to center back is only practical, anyway; the straps are much less likely to slide off the shoulder that way.

Quote Originally Posted by Lani
    I dont know what I'd be in US sizes but here I was a 18 FF. Thank god for the magic of breast reductions.
    How much was removed during your reduction? I had about 1130 grams removed, and I went from a 36F to a 36C/34D.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread Information