Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Thin city: Eating disorders in Hollywood

Default Re: Thin city: Eating disorders in Hollywood

Quote Originally Posted by sarahphim
    ...about a 32c-Is that not, like, THE hardest size to find?
    I don't think I've ever seen a 32 in anything but an A. I thought shopping for a 34C was hard!
    I saw a film today, oh boy.

Elite Member

Quote Originally Posted by simplekindoflovely
    I don't think I've ever seen a 32 in anything but an A. I thought shopping for a 34C was hard!
    Have you tried Victoria's Secret? I don't know about the website/catolog but the mall retail outlet looks like it's catering to teens now. Half the store looks like cotton candy exploded in it. The other half looks like a dominatrix's closet. I remember when VS used to have tasteful stuff.

Anyway, when I was in there stocking up on cotton panties, I was noticing that everything was so friggin small. I would check in there for small bra band sizes.

Quote Originally Posted by MonkeyMix
    I am a 34DDD....that's impossible to find in regular stores. They think if a woman's bust is more than a D, than she has to be AT LEAST a 38.
    I would LOVE to be a 34C. I think that would be ideal.
    YESSSSSS. Try finding a 32DD, it's forking impossible. I have to have nearly every item of clothing altered, since I'm so short and...not thin.
    2 years...

Hit By Ban Bus! AliceInWonderland's Avatar

How can all you freaks on here be 32s and have gigantic boobs? Is your bone structure really that small and yet god has blessed you w/ giant knockers??
    please elaborate Im very curious as a barely 32B girl myself. Thanks goddess for Wonderbras! and I was measured by a professional, not a Victoria's secret salesperson.

Quote Originally Posted by AliceInWonderland
    How can all you freaks on here be 32s and have gigantic boobs? Is your bone structure really that small and yet god has blessed you w/ giant knockers??
    please elaborate Im very curious as a barely 32B girl myself. Thanks goddess for Wonderbras! and I was measured by a professional, not a Victoria's secret salesperson.
    Yup, it's really that small! As I've mentioned before, I'm five feet tall and have a tiny frame. And would like smaller boobs. I'll trade you!
    2 years...

[QUOTE=AliceInWonderland]How can all you freaks on here be 32s and have gigantic boobs? Is your bone structure really that small and yet god has blessed you w/ giant knockers??

lol. for me, my tatas really aren't thaaat big. it's odd to explain but mine do not look anywhere near the size of a normal idea of a c. it's a huge pain to find small bra sizes but la senza is alright. their bra sizing is wonky though, i have to buy a d32 there bc otherwise i get bad overflow and cup lines. i'm glad though, they seem to suit my body well enough. i like my boobs. i realize that sounds concieted but i don't mean it to.

Quote Originally Posted by simplekindoflovely
    I never understood why anorexics sleep less. What causes that?
    In addition to the aforementioned reasons, you're a nervous wreck a lot of the time so you're up all night worrying about utterly minute crap.

Eventual growth of a downy layer of hair (lanugo) all over the body, including the face (the body is trying to stay warm)
    Doesn't Madonna now have that face fuzz?
    I am from the American CIA and I have a radio in my head. I am going to kill you.

Hit By Ban Bus! AliceInWonderland's Avatar

hahahahahaa! "bastards" - thats a new one

& Madge is just hairy cause that's his beard, I mean her beard.

For all y'all talking about big DDD's vs. small DDD's I can provide you the reason (seriously-part of my job is bra fitting). OK, so the way you get a bra size is the difference in inches from rib cage to the fullest part of your bust. BUT, there is also a weird/cool measuring thing going on. For every extra size in the band, it gives another inch in the cup. SO, a 32DDD has a cup the size of a 36D or a 38C. That can also be helpful if you wear 1 size and a store is sold out of it and you REALLY need something then. Start fudging with the numbers to make it work.

Quote Originally Posted by NoDayButToday
    For all y'all talking about big DDD's vs. small DDD's I can provide you the reason (seriously-part of my job is bra fitting). OK, so the way you get a bra size is the difference in inches from rib cage to the fullest part of your bust. BUT, there is also a weird/cool measuring thing going on. For every extra size in the band, it gives another inch in the cup. SO, a 32DDD has a cup the size of a 36D or a 38C. That can also be helpful if you wear 1 size and a store is sold out of it and you REALLY need something then. Start fudging with the numbers to make it work.
    Cool thanks for this explanation! It all makes sense now.

[QUOTE=misskris]
    Quote Originally Posted by AliceInWonderland

lol. for me, my tatas really aren't thaaat big. it's odd to explain but mine do not look anywhere near the size of a normal idea of a c.
    Haha, ditto. But I did have a co-worker last summer explain to me that I was "rare, because [I'm] small, but busty" and then proceeded to tell me I'd be a "midget's dream (no offense intended, not my word choice), because I'm like a normal woman only shrunk" more or less. Thanks, dude.

Quote Originally Posted by miss_perfect
    In addition to the aforementioned reasons, you're a nervous wreck a lot of the time so you're up all night worrying about utterly minute crap.
    Wow, and you'd think they'd be relaxed, being more pleased with their bodies. Instead, they're up all night, worrying if they'll wake up fatter. The irony!

Quote Originally Posted by hotncmom
    Have you tried Victoria's Secret? I don't know about the website/catolog but the mall retail outlet looks like it's catering to teens now. Half the store looks like cotton candy exploded in it. The other half looks like a dominatrix's closet. I remember when VS used to have tasteful stuff.

Anyway, when I was in there stocking up on cotton panties, I was noticing that everything was so friggin small. I would check in there for small bra band sizes.
    That's a good idea, thanks! Never tried VS, and I don't think I've ever seen a store around here. Would they have one in Canada?
    I saw a film today, oh boy.

i think one is going in toronto if i'm not mistaken. but depending on where you are in canada, you could hop the border into new york state etc. and the dollar is the strongest it's been in a long time, so you won't be paying a huge fortune.

Gold Member

Quote Originally Posted by NoDayButToday
    Just try before you buy if you can. I've had to do this little trick for many years. It's always seemed like if you're a DDD or more, you have to be at least a 38 or bigger. I would get 38 DD's when I really needed a 36 DDD. I solved that problem, now I'm a 40 DDD, oh well. And every brand, cut/style and material has to be tried on to see how it fits. The best places for bra selections are major department stores or a specialty shop. Victoria's Secret is a joke. The last time I was in there, the biggest size they had was 38DD and nothing looked like it could safely hold anything bigger than a tiny A cup.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread Information