Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Thin city: Eating disorders in Hollywood

Default Re: Thin city: Eating disorders in Hollywood

the problem with being a size 00 for so long is you age rather quickly especially your bones. being average weight or a bit heavier IS actually better for women and no i dont mean overweight or obese just enough to still get your period and have breasts and hips-the real kind
    bum gone bad

what i find ironic, is that while the average population grows fatter, hollywood grows thinner. I see an interesting psychological study in the making....
    Coffee is my happy drug

Every member from the spice girls struggled with eating disorders except for scary spice.

Even the sporty one?

SVZ

yup, she was addicted to excercise

Yeah sporty got very obsessed with her weight , she developed a sort of eating dissorder, she wouldn't starve but she would obsess about what she had for breakfast, what she will eat for dinner, whether that would be healthy if it was then she could have such and such for tea etc etc, this was during her 'chubby' stage

Useful link to convert clothes' sizes. I doesn't go under a US size 2 though. I can't imagine what a person wearing 00 is like
    Nope.

Quote Originally Posted by pacific breeze
    If you haven't seen these people in the flesh, you really can't judge them accurately. I have interviewed/seen actresses who look far older than their actual age because of severe weight loss. Arms and legs like sticks, every rib, clavicle and other bones poking out, bad skin, bony hands and feet -- just not attractive at all. If you call that healthily thin, then we're obviously not talking about the same thing.

And a LOT of these actresses are famous and work all the time. They plump up their faces, they're shot with tons of effects and filters, but it's all a facade.

God knows what the long-term effects of that kind of abuse are, but they're not pretty.
    Exactly. I know an interviewer so to speak too and what you have just described is spot on.

I never understood why anorexics sleep less. What causes that?
    I saw a film today, oh boy.

Bronze Member MarquisedeMerteuil's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Barbara
    Useful link to convert clothes' sizes. I doesn't go under a US size 2 though. I can't imagine what a person wearing 00 is like
    hmm, seems a strange conversion though. I'd say a german 36 for example is by all means small, never ever a "medium", and i've never seen a size under 34, which would be extra-small, imho.
    it would be clearer, if it was a comparision with inches and/or centimeters.

i am writing this, cause i always wondered what a zero would be like...

i'm a 0 on top but i'm just small. i have c32 boobs and i have an hourglass figure. i'm a size 2 on bottom but again i'm also 5 foot 1. being small is hard to find clothes. i often buy children's stuff because it requires less altering. pants are always way long. i'm def not sick, i'm v healthy and still have some meat on my bones. i guess that this is the exception rather than the norm though because most pple aren't that short. to me, mk looks pretty good now but i find it interesting that the difference of only about 10-15 pounds makes such a difference.

Quote Originally Posted by misskris
    i'm a 0 on top but i'm just small. i have c32 boobs and i have an hourglass figure. i'm a size 2 on bottom but again i'm also 5 foot 1. being small is hard to find clothes. i often buy children's stuff because it requires less altering. pants are always way long. i'm def not sick, i'm v healthy and still have some meat on my bones. i guess that this is the exception rather than the norm though because most pple aren't that short. to me, mk looks pretty good now but i find it interesting that the difference of only about 10-15 pounds makes such a difference.
    I'm about a zero on top (and also about a 32c-Is that not, like, THE hardest size to find?) too and a little smaller than a 0 in the waist/hip area, but I'm only 4'11". And yes, it IS really hard to find cloths! Kids' cloths alot of times don't work, because I'm not shaped like a little boy, I'm not a stick. I've just had to suck it up and find a good alterations place. And Mary Kate is only like 5'2", so 10 pounds would make a pretty big difference. Oh, and back to Victoria, if she really does have the 22 inch waist of a 0/00...I don't even know what to say to that. Mine's 21ish, and she's freakin' 7 inches taller than I am! She had such a cute figure back in her Spice Girls days...

Quote Originally Posted by simplekindoflovely
    I never understood why anorexics sleep less. What causes that?
    the long term effects of starvation.

Quote Originally Posted by MonkeyMix
    I am a 34DDD....that's impossible to find in regular stores. They think if a woman's bust is more than a D, than she has to be AT LEAST a 38.
    I would LOVE to be a 34C. I think that would be ideal.
    Same kind of problem! If you're more than an A, you can't POSSIBLY be smaller than a 34. Grrr.

Quote Originally Posted by misskris
    The shorter you are, the more even a few lbs are gonna show on you. I'm about your height and I can tell when I've put on even a couple lbs. When my friend who is 6" puts on about 15# her body looks like she's gained as much as me when I put on about 5#. My 5'6" friend who wears a size 6 looks skinny at a size 6, where I still look chubby or thick. These celebs who are talking about/aspiring being size 2 and less are at least average height or taller. Unless you've got a very small and narrow frame, that is way too fucking tiny. Makes me curious what the *Hollywood ideal* is for the celebs who are our height? Limited Too?
    My Posts Have Won Awards. Can Any Of You Claim The Same? -ur_next_ex

"I don't have pet peeves. I have major psychotic fucking hatreds, okay". ~George Carlin

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread Information