Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Results 16 to 30 of 55

Thread: Thin city: Eating disorders in Hollywood

  1. #16
    Bronze Member sugarbean's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Posts
    186

    Default Re: Thin city: Eating disorders in Hollywood

    the problem with being a size 00 for so long is you age rather quickly especially your bones. being average weight or a bit heavier IS actually better for women and no i dont mean overweight or obese just enough to still get your period and have breasts and hips-the real kind
    bum gone bad

  2. #17
    Gold Member piperdiva's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Hell Fire, SoCal
    Posts
    986

    Default Re: Thin city: Eating disorders in Hollywood

    what i find ironic, is that while the average population grows fatter, hollywood grows thinner. I see an interesting psychological study in the making....
    Coffee is my happy drug

  3. #18
    Gold Member alcohol the honey's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Posts
    1,444

    Default Re: Thin city: Eating disorders in Hollywood

    Every member from the spice girls struggled with eating disorders except for scary spice.

  4. #19
    Silver Member tofucheesecake's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Posts
    380

    Default Re: Thin city: Eating disorders in Hollywood

    Even the sporty one?

  5. #20
    SVZ
    SVZ is offline
    Do fish have boogers? SVZ's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Venus
    Posts
    1,000,003,606

    Default Re: Thin city: Eating disorders in Hollywood

    yup, she was addicted to excercise

  6. #21
    Elite Member Tenaj's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Ant's Pants
    Posts
    3,605

    Default Re: Thin city: Eating disorders in Hollywood

    Yeah sporty got very obsessed with her weight , she developed a sort of eating dissorder, she wouldn't starve but she would obsess about what she had for breakfast, what she will eat for dinner, whether that would be healthy if it was then she could have such and such for tea etc etc, this was during her 'chubby' stage

  7. #22
    Elite Member Barbara's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Posts
    5,279

    Default Re: Thin city: Eating disorders in Hollywood

    Useful link to convert clothes' sizes. I doesn't go under a US size 2 though. I can't imagine what a person wearing 00 is like
    Nope.

  8. #23
    Elite Member Voodoo Child's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Sweet Down Under!
    Posts
    12,646

    Default Re: Thin city: Eating disorders in Hollywood

    Quote Originally Posted by pacific breeze
    If you haven't seen these people in the flesh, you really can't judge them accurately. I have interviewed/seen actresses who look far older than their actual age because of severe weight loss. Arms and legs like sticks, every rib, clavicle and other bones poking out, bad skin, bony hands and feet -- just not attractive at all. If you call that healthily thin, then we're obviously not talking about the same thing.

    And a LOT of these actresses are famous and work all the time. They plump up their faces, they're shot with tons of effects and filters, but it's all a facade.

    God knows what the long-term effects of that kind of abuse are, but they're not pretty.
    Exactly. I know an interviewer so to speak too and what you have just described is spot on.

  9. #24
    Gold Member frazzled's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Toronto, Ontario
    Posts
    846

    Default Re: Thin city: Eating disorders in Hollywood

    I never understood why anorexics sleep less. What causes that?
    I saw a film today, oh boy.

  10. #25
    Bronze Member MarquisedeMerteuil's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Posts
    14

    Default Re: Thin city: Eating disorders in Hollywood

    Quote Originally Posted by Barbara
    Useful link to convert clothes' sizes. I doesn't go under a US size 2 though. I can't imagine what a person wearing 00 is like
    hmm, seems a strange conversion though. I'd say a german 36 for example is by all means small, never ever a "medium", and i've never seen a size under 34, which would be extra-small, imho.
    it would be clearer, if it was a comparision with inches and/or centimeters.

    i am writing this, cause i always wondered what a zero would be like...

  11. #26
    Gold Member misskris's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Toronto, Canada
    Posts
    1,198

    Default Re: Thin city: Eating disorders in Hollywood

    i'm a 0 on top but i'm just small. i have c32 boobs and i have an hourglass figure. i'm a size 2 on bottom but again i'm also 5 foot 1. being small is hard to find clothes. i often buy children's stuff because it requires less altering. pants are always way long. i'm def not sick, i'm v healthy and still have some meat on my bones. i guess that this is the exception rather than the norm though because most pple aren't that short. to me, mk looks pretty good now but i find it interesting that the difference of only about 10-15 pounds makes such a difference.

  12. #27
    Bronze Member sarahphim's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Posts
    180

    Default Re: Thin city: Eating disorders in Hollywood

    Quote Originally Posted by misskris
    i'm a 0 on top but i'm just small. i have c32 boobs and i have an hourglass figure. i'm a size 2 on bottom but again i'm also 5 foot 1. being small is hard to find clothes. i often buy children's stuff because it requires less altering. pants are always way long. i'm def not sick, i'm v healthy and still have some meat on my bones. i guess that this is the exception rather than the norm though because most pple aren't that short. to me, mk looks pretty good now but i find it interesting that the difference of only about 10-15 pounds makes such a difference.
    I'm about a zero on top (and also about a 32c-Is that not, like, THE hardest size to find?) too and a little smaller than a 0 in the waist/hip area, but I'm only 4'11". And yes, it IS really hard to find cloths! Kids' cloths alot of times don't work, because I'm not shaped like a little boy, I'm not a stick. I've just had to suck it up and find a good alterations place. And Mary Kate is only like 5'2", so 10 pounds would make a pretty big difference. Oh, and back to Victoria, if she really does have the 22 inch waist of a 0/00...I don't even know what to say to that. Mine's 21ish, and she's freakin' 7 inches taller than I am! She had such a cute figure back in her Spice Girls days...

  13. #28
    Gold Member alcohol the honey's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Posts
    1,444

    Default Re: Thin city: Eating disorders in Hollywood

    Quote Originally Posted by simplekindoflovely
    I never understood why anorexics sleep less. What causes that?
    the long term effects of starvation.

  14. #29
    Bronze Member sarahphim's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Posts
    180

    Default Re: Thin city: Eating disorders in Hollywood

    Quote Originally Posted by MonkeyMix
    I am a 34DDD....that's impossible to find in regular stores. They think if a woman's bust is more than a D, than she has to be AT LEAST a 38.
    I would LOVE to be a 34C. I think that would be ideal.
    Same kind of problem! If you're more than an A, you can't POSSIBLY be smaller than a 34. Grrr.

  15. #30
    Elite Member MsDark's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Northwest MS/Memphis TN
    Posts
    31,970

    Default Re: Thin city: Eating disorders in Hollywood

    Quote Originally Posted by misskris
    i'm a 0 on top but i'm just small. i have c32 boobs and i have an hourglass figure. i'm a size 2 on bottom but again i'm also 5 foot 1. being small is hard to find clothes. i often buy children's stuff because it requires less altering. pants are always way long. i'm def not sick, i'm v healthy and still have some meat on my bones. i guess that this is the exception rather than the norm though because most pple aren't that short. to me, mk looks pretty good now but i find it interesting that the difference of only about 10-15 pounds makes such a difference.
    The shorter you are, the more even a few lbs are gonna show on you. I'm about your height and I can tell when I've put on even a couple lbs. When my friend who is 6" puts on about 15# her body looks like she's gained as much as me when I put on about 5#. My 5'6" friend who wears a size 6 looks skinny at a size 6, where I still look chubby or thick. These celebs who are talking about/aspiring being size 2 and less are at least average height or taller. Unless you've got a very small and narrow frame, that is way too fucking tiny. Makes me curious what the *Hollywood ideal* is for the celebs who are our height? Limited Too?
    My Posts Have Won Awards. Can Any Of You Claim The Same? -ur_next_ex

    "I don't have pet peeves. I have major psychotic fucking hatreds, okay". ~George Carlin

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 0
    Last Post: November 1st, 2006, 05:16 AM
  2. Replies: 21
    Last Post: June 5th, 2006, 11:41 PM
  3. Replies: 6
    Last Post: June 4th, 2006, 09:30 PM
  4. Eating Disorders, and a few other blind items
    By MrsMarsters in forum Blind Items
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: March 13th, 2006, 01:21 AM
  5. Replies: 5
    Last Post: January 22nd, 2006, 07:59 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •