Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Sugar Plum Fairy dancer doesn’t want apology from critic who called her fat

Ballet is a tough world. She has real skill to be able to move her limbs that way. I think its great a more mature dancer (by dancing standards) is still going.

She looks good in the link pics, the guy clearly thinks being aserbic makes him fabulously astute and funny.

Its so stupid, ive done professional cheerleading and its ususally the slighly sturdier people who are useful for lifts etc.

Whats wrong with variety? If she has skill celebrate it, dont have a go because she put a few pounds on (shes still got a great figure).

Quote Originally Posted by funky_chicken View Post
    ^ I'm so sorry Penny Lane! What a cunt! I hate people like these; they have no idea what they can damage with such fucking unneeded comments. Did you ever confronted her later with that?
    Nah. My mom never took me back there because she was so pissed off. I tried another dance school but it wasn't the same... I felt judged by my weight. All of this at the age of 7. It's terrible. I know ballet is a discipline that requires a certain body type but, come on, a 7 year old fat girl is going to be in ballet because it's fun not because she wants to make a career out of it. It still pisses me off all these years later.

I've heard that Ringer is an excellent dancer and her being slim yet healthy probably is one of the reasons she's still doing good parts while pushing 40.

You can dance and have the "aesthetic" of an anorexic, but you're not going to dance well for long. Ballet requires the discipline, strength and skill of an athlete and if you're starving yourself, you're not going to be able to handle it.
    "Don't trust nobody, and 'nobody' meaning Jay Leno in particular." -Chris Rock

Not fat. Good for her for not demanding an apology, I think it makes the critic look like more of an idiot. No wonder so many little girls have eating disorders - Penny that makes my heart hurt what happened. My daughter is solid like me, very muscular and at 11 she is already trying to sneak and NOT eat, so she is already getting the message from all around that there is something somehow wrong with her as is. 2 of my sisters have had eating disorders and this mentality will not make it easy to keep my daughter from the same.
    Don't worry about what other people think. They don't do it very often.

Elite Member

Quote Originally Posted by Penny Lane View Post
    Nah. My mom never took me back there because she was so pissed off. I tried another dance school but it wasn't the same... I felt judged by my weight. All of this at the age of 7. It's terrible. I know ballet is a discipline that requires a certain body type but, come on, a 7 year old fat girl is going to be in ballet because it's fun not because she wants to make a career out of it. It still pisses me off all these years later.
    I was always the fat girl in ballet too but no one said anything though. but i did feel insecure about it when i saw the other girls. no one made fun of my weight until high school which is probably worse because you cant suppress it at that age. lol

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread Information