Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Is Star Jones gaining weight?

How DO gastric bypass peeps gain back the weight? they can only eat a fraction of what they used to, because they no longer have a stomach (or so I thought). It's not like they can stretch out their colon...or can they?
    "In the face of the blinding sun, I wake only to find
    that Heaven is a stranger place than than one I've left behind." - SM

I think they gain the weight back by constantly snacking. Always putting a little, high calorie something in their mouth adds up and the pounds creep back.
    “What are you looking at, sugar-tits?” - Mel Gibson

I keep reading that their stomachs stretch as they keep increasing their food intake little by little, until they're eating more than they should again.

Hit By Ban Bus! AliceInWonderland's Avatar

omg yes palermo; randy is putting the weight back on and that is so sad! he's gonna die i swear, he does not look good on idol lately

One of my BILs had this surgery about six months ago, he's still eating breakfast at McDonald's, which blows my mind

Hit By Ban Bus! AliceInWonderland's Avatar

^ that is so stupid expecially considering this surgery cost like $50,000.00 or something ridiculous like that! my aunt wasn't even fat enough at first to get the surgery; the stupid pig gained the extra weight purposely so she could be heavy enough to get it; forget what that did to her heart and everything else!

I'm not sure if it's so that they can get the surgery, or if it's so insurance will pay for it, but I know of a group of women that aren't fat enough for Gastric Bypass, so they hold eating parties, gorging themselves so they'll weigh enough.

WTH???^^^
    Seriously? Is it working? Sounds lie craziness and fraudy.

Quote Originally Posted by sprynkles View Post
    WTH???^^^
    Seriously? Is it working? Sounds lie craziness and fraudy.
    I don't know any of them personally, I just know of them through a friend. And yes, it's worked for several of them. They eat themselves into obesity and then get GB like it's some cure-all. They don't even try to eat less and get their fat asses out for a walk!

Fat or droopy, she'll always be a hag to me.

A*O

Most so-called "gastric bypass" surgery these days is actually the lap band proceedure.

Lap-Band Surgery - Consumer Guide to Weight Loss Surgery

You can still eat more or less anything but in very, very small quantities. If you over-eat by even a mouthful you will throw up. And if you continually over-eat even the 'new' small stomach will stretch to accommodate enough food to make you gain weight again. People continue to eat the shit that made them fat in the first place so it's not a long term solution. The world "salad" is alien to them.

My medical cousin says that while it's a fairly straightforward proceedure, the side effects of lap banding are horrible. You feel nauseous nearly all the time and if you eat even a mouthfull more than your tiny stomach can handle you will spew, suddenly and without warning.
    If all the women in this place were laid end to end, I wouldn’t be surprised - Dorothy Parker

I would rather take my chances being fat than living a life of constant vomiting, and that's the truth

Quote Originally Posted by A*O View Post
    Most so-called "gastric bypass" surgery these days is actually the lap band proceedure.

Lap-Band Surgery - Consumer Guide to Weight Loss Surgery

You can still eat more or less anything but in very, very small quantities. If you over-eat by even a mouthful you will throw up. And if you continually over-eat even the 'new' small stomach will stretch to accommodate enough food to make you gain weight again. People continue to eat the shit that made them fat in the first place so it's not a long term solution. The world "salad" is alien to them.

My medical cousin says that while it's a fairly straightforward proceedure, the side effects of lap banding are horrible. You feel nauseous nearly all the time and if you eat even a mouthfull more than your tiny stomach can handle you will spew, suddenly and without warning.
    The lap band is put around the top part of the stomach(close to the esophagus) you have to go on a liquid diet for several weeks afterwards so the band can become firm in place. During this time you can lose a lot of weight, unless you drink milkshakes, and the rest of your calories! The side effects are horrifying..the band can slip and rip the stomach, the band can erode the stomach, or you can tear your esophagus by the constant vomiting..Plus the port that is placed directly under the first layer of skin can get infected.
    Baltimore O's ​Fan!

I don''t know if she really fucked the board though. Maybe just put the tip in. -Mrs. Dark

Hit By Ban Bus!

I remember Sharon Osbourne saying that she's having her band removed because she's tired of feeling like crap all the time because of it. Another girl I worked with had to have hers removed because it was migrating somewhere. She blew up like a whale again.

Many of these people who've had the surgery just replace their food addiction with other ones like alcohol, drugs, or sex. Supposedly there is an extremely high rate of alcoholics who've had the surgery.

This photo is OLD.
    Id rather be hated for who I am than loved for who Im not

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread Information