Page 9 of 12 FirstFirst ... 56789101112 LastLast

Thread: Stacey "Fergie" Ferguson's vinegar diet

SVZ

i was diluting it as well

Elite Member

A few months ago I read a couple of books on Glycemic Index, and it said that vinegar (or another acidic food) can be eaten with a meal to lower the glycemic index of the meal. Interestingly, sourdough bread is an acidic food. They mentioned vinagrette salad dressing. I usually make some lemon water and sweeten it a tad with stevia, so it's like a very light lemonade.

Maybe that's what the apple cider vinegar does as well?

I did not get any weight loss from this.

I did this about a year ago. I lost about 5 pounds and several inches, mostly in the belly. I was diluting it in very cold water (found it killed the taste a tad). I actually put 2 tablespoons () in about 16oz of water. I also used Braggs.
    I did it for about a month, and my teeth got too sensitive to continue, which sucks because it was working for me. It did take a couple of weeks for my teeth to return to normal.

some people add sodium bicarbonate (baking soda) as a buffer. i like to drink it straight and have for a long time, i put it in a little 1oz cup and drink it like a shot of whiskey. so it kind of bypasses my teeth. i do it before i brush my teeth too, so i kinda remember to drink it that way, it's become part of my routine.

Quote Originally Posted by taymarie View Post
    I did not get any weight loss from this.
    i don't think it works for weight loss really. the only reason why i ever 'lost weight' on it was because once i started to drink the acv i started thinking about my health overall and decided to switch to healthier alternatives like cutting out sodas and eating more fruits and vegetables. sometimes things like acv or any little supplement can be a catalyst to get you kick started on a healthier eating program.

so if you for instance, eat healthy already and start using the acv you probably won't lose weight. if you eat crap all the time and use acv and continue to eat crap, you won't lose weight. if you start using acv and decide to change your eating patterns then you will most likely lose weight.

i can not say for sure, but i do think acv would act as a diuretic somewhat. so you could lose some water weight from it.

the biggest benefit i've seen from myself and others i know personally from using it was energy and joint pain relief and a general sense of well being. most likely from an inner attitude that you are doing something healthy for yourself and going from there. if you feel energy and well, you are also probably going to be more active and your metabolism may increase, which could also contribute to acv weight loss.
    Last edited by Tati; November 17th, 2008 at 06:47 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by SVZ View Post
    ok just a warning, i used to do this in the morning (not for weight loss more digestive things)
    and when i went to the dentist recently the hygienist thought i was bulimic because the back of my teeth were really acid worn.
    Yikes. Is there much you can do to fix that? Hope so.

Quote Originally Posted by DeadDwarf View Post
    Oh my, that sucks! My teeth are pretty sensitive as is, but I can't imagine what your teeth were feeling like.
    I'm glad you figured out what was causing it and that it went away.
    Thanks sweetie! All better now for the most part. Guess I wasn't diluting it enough. The taste is so nasty, I have never wanted to drink 8 ounces of water with it in there, even if it's only a few teaspoons.

I dilute mine with lemonade, or sometimes mix it with a little cordial and water. Much better!!

I just started doing this today. I did two tablespoon shots then downed a glass of water. Should I do it twice a day, or once?

I also take a multi-vitamin, 4 oz. of aloe vera juice, and a fish oil tablet daily. I hope the combo is okay and I don't turn green or anything.
    Too weird to live, too rare to die.

I do it twice a day or after each meal.

Regarding the vinegar rotting your teeth over time, I asked my dad (who is a dentist) if this happens, he said nope.

Whoa, it's been about 2 weeks and I've almost lost 2 pant sizes! I'm not kidding, I didn't even really change my eating habits.

No way! Good for you! It didn't do shit for me

^^ I carry A LOT of water weight, so it probably just flushed it all out. I think that's why it worked so well so quickly.

I think I may too. I don't know how I would know? Maybe I should start doing it again since I'm on this new eat healthy kick.

To lose my water weight I have to cut out carbs and in a few days I'm like 10 pounds lighter.

Page 9 of 12 FirstFirst ... 56789101112 LastLast

Thread Information