Page 4 of 12 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast

Thread: Stacey "Fergie" Ferguson's vinegar diet

I think the meth ate fergie's teefies up a long time ago. Vinegar won't gonna hurt veneers.
    Proud Mama....now where's my glass of wine?

i def. think it works!
    saw her today and she looked so thin! she also said people need to stop saying she's f*cking pregnant!

Quote Originally Posted by DeadDwarf View Post
    I won't try it, I don't want to ruin the enamel on my teeth. I'd imagine the vinegar diet would affect the health of teeth... I would think the first symptom would probably be sensitive teeth!
    Just had a little because I was craving the taste (yeah I'm dork)
    I'm also worried about this problem as well as the ulcers, so I limit myself. I
    guess you need to drink it regularly to lose weight? Not something I'd ever
    consider.

Apple Cider Vinegar is NOT an acid people. It's
    an Alkaline and is not going to rot your teeth
    or tummy. White vinegar however is an acid.

So,how's everybody doing on it?
    eat a hot bowl of dicks.

Please tell. I'm wanting to lose this weight soooooo bad.
    Proud Mama....now where's my glass of wine?

Quote Originally Posted by sprynkles View Post
    Apple Cider Vinegar is NOT an acid people. It's
    an Alkaline and is not going to rot your teeth
    or tummy. White vinegar however is an acid.
    Where in the world would you get that idea? All vinegar (including apple cider vinegar), by definition, is acidic. The pH of vinegar is typically in the range of 2.5 to 3 - making it an acid. The key component is acetic acid. Were this not the case, a bottle could not be labeled as vinegar, plain and simple. Pick up a bottle of Heinz apple cider vinegar - under ingredients, it clearly states, "Made from the juice of apples diluted with water to a uniform pickling and table strength of 5%(50 grains) acidity."

Please don't spread misinformation. Saying authoritatively that something cannot cause a medical condition, even on a message board, without any citation or scientific backup is absolute rubbish.
    Lead me not into temptation... I can find it on my own!

Actually it is considered an alkaline:
    Our Bangkok contributor Ted tells us, "Apple Cider Vinegar in itself is alkaline because of its "ash" content, which means if the apple cider vinegar was burned, what is left over becomes ash. When you check for the pH of that ash and dissolve it with water, the content is alkaline. Whenever our body digests anything, it undergoes oxidation, which is similar to burning and the end result is that you can determine whether the end product was alkaline or acid. Apple Cider Vinegar has anti-fungal, anti-bacterial, and anti-viral properties, primarily coming from the malic acid and acetic acid portion of the vinegar. Apple cider vinegar acts as a buffer in the body because the acetic acid reacts with base or acid compounds to form an acetate, therefore rendering them chemically bioavailable for the body's utilization. Additionally, Apple Cider Vinegar can reduce the toxicity of certain compounds by converting the toxin into an acetate compound, which is less toxic. This is why they are ideal for insect bites and certain skin allergies. While Apple Cider vinegar in itself is considered alkaline, a chemically pure vinegar (acetic acid) is neither acid nor basic forming as it leaves no ash as the entire portion, when burned evaporates completely."

APPLE CIDER VINEGAR CURES

Considered an alkaline by whom? Bangkok contributor Ted? And his credentials are? A website about folk remedies cannot under any circumstances be considered proveable, medical or scientific fact. Sure, apple cider vinegar may produce the results that they claim, but their reasoning behind it is not at all accurate.

Commercial ACV has a pH of around 2.4 - under any definition, that is an acid. For comparison, water has a neutral pH of 7.0 - an acid is defined by having a pH of less than 7.0. The lower the pH, the more acidic a substance becomes. Conversely, a substance has to have a pH of above 7.0 to even enter the alkaline range.

I don't care what ACV may or may not do when it enters the body and is digested. Pre-digestion, it is acidic. When you put it in your mouth, when you swallow it and it goes into your stomach, it is an acid. Does it cause any damage? That's debatable, since cola and lemon juice have close to the same pH (cite).

Issues of chemical composition aside, there is some evidence, backed up by scientific studies, that ACV/acetic acid (see Carb and Weight Control study information in Functional Ingredients) may positively affect blood glucose, insulin and satiety responses. Bottom line: it may work. Anectdotally, I can tell you it does work to some extent (I've been taking it for a week now). But I'd still rather take science over folk remedy any day.
    Lead me not into temptation... I can find it on my own!

You're come off as a bit rude Jenni. It's better to be nice
    to your fellow posters.

Exchanging glances with the cunty bitches

I hope this thread doesn't get ruined, because we were having a good time, and there's no need to insult anyone else. FYI, if someone is going to listen to ANY anonymous board member's information and take it to heart without first checking for themselves, then they're a dimwit anyway. Sprynkles did no harm, and no one should be rude to her or anyone else.
    Everyone is entitled to be stupid, but some abuse the privilege.

^YES! Play nice,or get out

back on topic,please....does it work?!
    eat a hot bowl of dicks.

I really find it to be working for me.
    I not as hungry as i use to be

I need more time.

I'm not as hungry either, but just changed my BP meds, one of which was "slowing me down", so a couple more weeks of ACV is needed. I like the feel of it though, it seems to "tighten" my stomach from the inside (the outside's a different story..)

I became interested in trying ACV recently. I wanted to try it for the purpoted health benefits, and any weight loss that comes from it would be an added bonus. lol

I've been doing ACV mixed with local honey (two tablespoons of each) in a cup of water each morning for about ten days now. I've noticed the following:

• Chronic pain in my right foot (especially upon waking in the morning) is substantially eased. I don't hobble when I wake up anymore.
    • Significantly diminished premenstrual bloating.
    • Significantly diminished menstrual cramps.
    • More energetic.
    • Lessened appetite.
    • Diminished digestive issues/stomachaches.
    I'm definitely going to keep taking this stuff!
    "You should've never trusted Hollywood..."

Page 4 of 12 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast

Thread Information